Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hi there

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Fordatic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fordatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hi there
    Posted: September-19-2007 at 6:15pm
Hello everyone, I just picked up a 1995 ski nautique with the 351W w/throttle body injection and 242 hrs. Im thinkin of putting some roller rockers and a new intake on it this winter. Was wondering if the taller valve covers will clear the stock water/exhaust manifolds? Any help would be great.

Thanks Koby
1995 Ski Nautique
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2007 at 9:14pm
Koby
Welcome to are wonderful site. I think you will have to wait for TRBenj or Reidp to chime about this. I run a 454 BBC in a barefooter so I am not help on this question other then to tell you taller valve covers will not fit on my motor. Clearence under that motor box is hard to come by so I would not think so. I could be wrong though, as I think some of the guys here have roller rockers.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2007 at 9:21pm
No............boat dr
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2007 at 11:51pm
Nice dr...right to the point.

Welcome Kolby. We love Ford guys here.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2007 at 1:14am
Ford "tall" style valvecovers will not clear the PCM manifolds. You can find stock height VC's that will clear roller rockers, though.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2007 at 1:24am
I'm thinking about selling all this stuff.

my High compression, big valve heads. DOOE that have been milled, 57cc chambers 1.94/1.60, exhaust bowls cleaned up, new seats, guides, screw in studs, guide plates, roller rockers, everything you would need to go fast and look good. All new ready to bolt on and earls and russel fittings to plumb it all.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2007 at 1:28am
Chris, let me know what you had in mind for those manifolds. Any idea if they offer a performance improvement? They look good either way- shoot me an email: TRBenj@gmail.com
Fordatic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fordatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2007 at 5:04pm
Thanks for the replies. I was planning on putting my ford motorsport covers on but I guess ill be looking for some others.

Thanks again
1995 Ski Nautique
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2007 at 7:16pm
The Ford Racing tall valve covers will fit with the pcm manifolds with a little coaxing its tight but my 83 has them. One bolted up with no contact (1/16 clearance). The other side touches but it was nothing a very light grinding didnt fix.

Tim,
    As for performance improvements with those manifolds I plan to run a test in the next month or so where i pull my pcm manifolds and replace them with my aluminum log style ones that are similar to the edelbrock ones chris has (actually got them from chris a year or so ago). Both the PCM and the aluminum are ported as far as I dare. I do know that my 83 was much louder with the 302 in it that with the current 408, and the only major difference between them that could justify the difference is the 408 has the PCM manifolds and the 302 had the tapered aluminum logs.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2007 at 8:14pm
79, did you ever sell the intake manifold?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2007 at 9:29pm
no I still have it, Chrome performance products intake new in the box.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2007 at 7:24pm
79, how much do you want for it? I may know someone interested in it.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2007 at 12:07pm
I need $225 plus shipping
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2007 at 6:20pm
79, thanks I will let him know.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2007 at 1:10am
basicly this is what you are comparing price wise for a polished version, edlebrock does not make a Chrome Intake, and the enuroshine cost even more.

polish edlebrock intake
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic