NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are YOU interested?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are YOU interested?
    Posted: September-19-2007 at 12:53pm
During a recent thread jack it came to my attention that several C.C. fans go to the Daytona 500 in mid-February and spend a week on and around the Saint Johns River and local springs just West of Daytona. Astor,Florida, more specifically. I would be willing to gather information on lodging such as cabins motels and short term rentals, and anything else required to promote a C.C. fan gathering in that area. I have a place on a spring fed lake just North of Astor and have a few neighbors that rent out houses on the lake. It is a 425 acre private lake. I intend to have a slalom course in by Jan 08 (Hopfully) This part of Florida is still "Old Florida". If you induldge youself it will ruin you.

If you are interested chime in.

Those that are already coming please tell me if the "Week" you will be here is before the race or the week following.

BTW: See ya at Daytona
Git 'er done
hasbeenskier
nautiquefanatic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2007 at 1:25pm
I would be interested, never been in that area with my boat!

pc
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2007 at 1:45pm
hasbeenskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2007 at 1:48pm
hasbeenskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2007 at 2:15pm
You can Google Earth for the area:
Silver River(Silver Springs), motor boats can launch to float the river. The whole thing is NO WAKE.
Saint Johns River,Silver Glen Springs and much more...
hasbeenskier
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2007 at 4:50pm
Man-o-man! Just one more good connection to come from this organization. Thanks a ton BJ for kicking this off. Do you have any picts of that lake when it's not so rough? I've never been crazy about skiing the alligator slalom course also known as the St Johns, so that looks great. And I'm sure there are a few lurking here too but we'll trust your judgement.

PC, this is some of the neatest cruising I've ever seen and why we keep coming back with the boats. Miles of calm waters and curves and all kinds of wildlife. Several bar/restaurants to pull up to as well.

We could cruise jbears or MM's lake chain(s) for a day as well as skiing at BJs, and cruise the StJohn's up to Silver Glen on another day. Big Time!
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2007 at 5:55pm
Reid,
What are the dates of your visit? Have you already obtained lodging?
I can assure you there are "NO" gators on this lake. NOT ONE! The name of the the lake is Broward Lake in Pomona Park, Spring fed, sand bottom and crystal clear. You can Google Earth it also. Let me know when you will be down. (Week before or after the 500).. As you noted, it does not seem like our brother's have much interest. I will follow through with anyone that inquires.
hasbeenskier
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2007 at 7:14pm
BJ,

It's just not fair of you to post pictures like that for those of us so far away.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
nautiquefanatic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2007 at 7:29pm
Count me in......sounds INCREDIBLE!! Thanks BJ and Reid......

pc
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2007 at 7:54pm
Chuck,
Come on down... Call it a MISSION TRIP!
hasbeenskier
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2007 at 11:59pm
Bj..Is that lake connected to the river? I always stay at the half moon cabins, its half way between the astor bridge and lake george, and they have covered slips for about 20 boats and a ramp at the of cost of about 50 to 60 bucks a night, there is also a campground at salt springs!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2007 at 12:04am
COUNT US IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chuck; Mission trip needed to help hurricane survivors in Lake Wales Florida. In fact I just happen to have a place you can stay.

BJ; I think you can count on MM and me to help get this off the ground.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2007 at 12:14am
M.M. my lake is not connected to the river. The lake is 5 miles by trailer to a boat ramp at Welaka. I have friends that live on the lake and launch at Welaka and ride down river to Silver Glen all the time. Half Moon is just a lot closer to Silver Glen.

We have five months to build momentum, Try and get the word out
hasbeenskier
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2007 at 12:16am
Hey BJ...do me a favor would you? PLease go to my profile and try to send me a e-mail. Then let me know here if you do...then I'll look for it.Thanks.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2007 at 12:27am
J bear:     e mail transmitted 21:28 let me know if not received.
I have already gotten notice it did not go. Let me try somthing else

Still trying... I may have to resort to old technology... a telephone
hasbeenskier
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2007 at 1:26am
Thanks but I did not get it. I have been having trouble with my e-mail from the site...everything else I get fine but...e-mail from here I am not getting. So I tried something new...didn't work either. Thanks anyhow.

Do you happen to have my phone numbers?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2007 at 2:40am
We are in, as long as Reid brings that shot/ski down with him!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2007 at 10:13am
John I do not have your numbers, However my cell is 727-612-4772 call any time bj
hasbeenskier
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 1:54pm
BJ, I'm finally back on track with this after finalizing our accommodations. It turns out that we've rented a three bedroom cottage at the Welaka Lodge and Resort just 5 miles down the road from you. We'll be arriving there Wed AM, 2/13, and leaving Tues, 2/19. We plan to hit the water somewhere different on Wed afternoon, Thurs, Fri, (race track Fri nite for truck race- last yr we never made it past Hooters across from the track; won't hurt my feelings to repeat), more boating on Saturday, big race on Sunday, little boating on Monday, then leaving Tues. i.e, lots of boating and exploring.

The cottage we have is right on the river with a nice dock and two covered slips with dockage for another boat or two supposedly. We'll be bringing 3 boats with our group of eight people.

Is there by chance another motel/hotel in town there in case Jmurph, Nautique John, and possibly others may want to come down?   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 3:53pm
Great Idea!! I would love to come down. I am in Jax, so not a far trip. At least for the weekend. As you can see I am pretty new to the site, but would like to start putting some faces with names.
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 8:51pm
Reid,
Did you get an e-mail from me regarding the rental house several doors over from me?

azeus17:
Great bring it on down. I imagine most of the folks are going to make it for the week-end.
hasbeenskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 10:21pm
I am going to the lake tomorrow and I will obtain info on local lodging establishments this week-end and report nexr week.
hasbeenskier
MarineSRT8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarineSRT8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2007 at 7:21pm
Hey BJ the boat wont be done yet but as long as work does not get in the way I will def come down to hang out. Judging by the pictures you showed me at your house the lake looks beautiful and ready to be cut to pieces!!!
"Some people go an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem"

-Pres. Ronald Reagan-

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2007 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by hasbeenskier hasbeenskier wrote:

Reid,
Did you get an e-mail from me regarding the rental house several doors over from me?

BJ, sorry for the late response as i missed your post. Anyway, i haven't rec'd an email. If you send another, best use my office email as opposed to going thru the site. It's easy to remember: "reidp@bellsouth.net"

You may have already rec'd a phone call from me by the time you read this.   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic