Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1994 Platform Question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
OBXSki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OBXSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1994 Platform Question
    Posted: June-20-2007 at 2:04pm
Hey to all:
I have owned for many years a '76SN and the platform is permanently attached. I bought last summer a '94SN and the platform is removeable by sliding it over to male vertical pieces of metal. I noticed that there appear to be small (maybe 3/16") holes at the bottom of both the male and female ends ... almost like there is supposed to be a locking pin to secure the platform to the boat. I have no pins. Are there supposed to be pins or something else that goes through those holes?
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2007 at 2:13pm
Yes, typically there are pins. You can buy them at almost any hardware store. Some folks have a little piece of cable from the pin to the platform bracket so that you don't drop them in the water. BKH
Livin' the Dream

OBXSki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OBXSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2007 at 4:28pm
Is it a pin that has a C-shaped clasp that reaches around and loops on itself? If it's not too difficult to describe, please do so. Thanks. Jay
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2007 at 4:37pm
That would probably work, but not necessary. They came with a simple pin. BKH

Livin' the Dream

OBXSki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OBXSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2007 at 4:44pm
Got it and MUCH thanks.
Your skill in posting a picture that quickly is admirable. Jay
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2007 at 7:13pm
you want a clevis pin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic