NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

93-94 Nautique Deck

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Ronstar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 93-94 Nautique Deck
    Posted: May-20-2007 at 9:14am
Hello all,
We have a 93 and a 94 Ski Nautique in Australia that both have the same problem and I thought someone out there may be dealing with the same thing. Both have a soft patch in the deck port side aft. Just under the rear lounge in exactly the same spot and same size. Nothing major, feels like the glass is lifting under the carpet. Has anyone had this problem, if so did you cut it out and re-glass it???
Cheers.
93 Ski Nautique
07 210 Team
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2007 at 7:21am
Adrian, I don't know if there is foam under that area of the floor or not. I'm sure someone else on this site will though. My first thought would be to try injecting some foam through some small holes placed were they can't be seen. I would do this before cutting open the floor. I don't know if you have a produce called "Great Stuff" foam down there or something equal. It is a moisture cure polyurethane expanding foam used for sealing cracks and holes around the house. I have added lengths of poly tubing to the end of the standard nozzle to reach deeper than the standard. The foam could be injected and then a piece of weighted plywood placed over the area to keep it flat untill the foam cures. It being a polyurethane is real sticky stuff that will stick to just about anything.

You should post some pictures of the area you are speaking of.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Ronstar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2007 at 9:11am
That’s a good idea, never thought of foam injecting. I have injected resin in other jobs so this should be similar. We will be doing the 94 first as we are replacing the carpet soon. Just waiting for a quote for carpet. Has any one had the same problem??
93 Ski Nautique
07 210 Team
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2007 at 2:12pm
Since both spots are in the same place, it could be from impact loading when getting in the boat. Do you or you passengers always get in the boat the same way in this area? If so, that is probably the cause. To prevent this from happening in the future, try to remember to tell your passengers to step into the boat, not jump in.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic