Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

new impeller

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bsucics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsucics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new impeller
    Posted: February-26-2007 at 7:38pm
thanks!
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 7:35pm
no don't get excited about it. That will happen once in awhile but it's a manufacturing issue and not design. When they inject the rubber around the hub, if the hub isn't clean or has some dirt on it then it won't stick to the hub very good and fails prematurely. That's why alot of Fans have an extra one onboard for a quick fix if needed. You really only need a 1/2-9/16 open end wrench to change it oh and a screw driver or 5/16 wrench for the hose clamps.
bsucics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsucics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 7:31pm
Yes - I stand corrected!

With the replacement, should I be concerned about that skidim comment/look for a different one?
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 7:24pm
there's a metal hub there, you might have one that I.D. is turned black and that has some flash to it that makes it look like it's all rubber. Think about it for a second if it was all rubber then it would flex and tear around the keyway and not spin and pump water.
bsucics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsucics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 7:04pm
I need to replace the impeller for an 89 nautique, ford 351, sherwood. Found this at skidim: http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RP061015
but noticed the comment "We have seen this impeller spin on the hub, the flaps looked fine but the internal metal hub was separated from the rubber and was very hard to see". The one that I removed was solid rubber and did not have a metal hub. Is there a different impeller that I should use? Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic