NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

89 project for sale

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 89 project for sale
    Posted: August-16-2006 at 11:43pm
G'day guys,
Came across this one for sale on boattrader.com & thought someone might be interested.

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/5/7/85424757.htm

It's located in CA. Add says that the engine was overheated & seized. Sounds like a nice little project.

I'm actually interested in it myself, but logistics are a bit of a pain in the butt. What do you guys think of the asking price.?
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 12:44pm
89 Nautique

That's a great find. If I was closer, I'd offer $3,000. Looks like it's in decent shape.

Ken
jholton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jholton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 1:57pm
This Boat has been for sale for a long time on craigslist for 4+ months it is in San Diego, Mission Bay area. You can see more pictures of the boat on craigslist. If you were really interested Mission Bay is very close to the San Diego airport.
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 8:22pm
Yeah doesn't look too bad. Interior looks good. Looks like previous owner tapped into raw water intake for a ballast system or something which is prolly what cooked the motor.

I don't know how you guys negotiate purchase in USA, but would offering 1500 below the asking price be an insult.?

Maybe it is a little over priced if it's been for sale for +4 months.?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2006 at 7:09am
Originally posted by Chopper Chopper wrote:

Maybe it is a little over priced if it's been for sale for +4 months.?

That seems to be the case to me. $4500 for a boat that you know is DOA seems steep.
great78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote great78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2006 at 4:53pm
looks interesting. I'll take a shot and see what they say.
great78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote great78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2006 at 5:31pm
okay, here's the deal. pvt party is selling the boat and was quoted $6k to rebuild engine and put everything back together. He said he turned down a $3300 offer as he is still on the fence with the rebuild and sell himself. So not real motivated at this point. Too bad!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic