NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mullets, Bad Hair Styles, 80’s

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mullets, Bad Hair Styles, 80’s
    Posted: August-16-2006 at 4:03pm
Seems like we can talk about anything on this site. I just want to clear things up with my "mullet". It was very tame. The back was a little long, but that's about it. Yes, I also had a Flock of Seagulls look with pink top. My cousin Eric(2001 Cuz), who's busting my chops was no prize himself. You will see him with fluffy hair and goofy glasses.

Ken 1987

Ken 1989

Ken 1992

Eric - Just a goofy hair style

Anymore bad hair or 80's pics?

Ken
backdeep1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backdeep1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2006 at 7:45pm
Whats wrong with a mullet? Had one back in the day and thinking of bringin er back.

Business up front.

Party in the rear.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2006 at 9:00pm
backdeep: Never lost mine. Still got 'er and wear it proudly!

Ken: You are brave posting those pics of your self! Is the lovely lady Patricia?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2006 at 9:11pm
searching for pictures in the closet...you know I want in on this one...
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2006 at 9:17pm
I'd be scared of what I might find in my closet, if ya know what I mean, Dude. Don't go in there anymore, I got it locked up!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2006 at 9:49pm
     Ken,
Cool shades dude.Amazing how you look back at what was hip then.I miss the 80's too,had the time of my life in high school,wish I was back there armed with the knowledge I have now! At least you included half of Vanna in that pic.I don't think CCxHYPERLITExx had any idea when he wrote "read this,you'll laugh" that it would lead to this thread!Rock on with your bad self

Mike

Other than loosing some hair,Eric hasn't changed a bit
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2006 at 9:52pm
I really can't believe this thread is still goin'

CCxHYPERLITE was on here constantly for a few days but now nothing. You know how quick those young guys get bored!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2006 at 10:08pm
I'm in the closet, but I'm not coming out.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2006 at 10:35pm
john I think school has limited his computer time this week maybe he'll have some free time this week end to get caught up
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2006 at 10:45pm
All right, look what I found:

The Dude in first boat. 89.

circa 1990
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 10:03am
I don't want to get myself in trouble with my wife. John, that previous picture was a friend prior to meeting Patricia. The photo is just an example of the Flock of Seagulls look. Here's my lovely wife I just scanned in.

Ken

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 10:14am
Okay- this is getting a bit too personal..
Loved the '80's- I had spiked up hair and skateboarded everywhere. Us redheads never look cool- no matter what decade
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 10:15am
Ken,
Hell the hair was fine back then... It's all good.. It's the "Rainbow" tied belt that had me worried there LOL !!!! All kidding aside, I think the Don Johnson look is still alive and well in Miami.. Right Jbear??

John, come down to Key West with us next month. Me and another Biker buddy from Madison, WI. will just be hanging out with the wives, drink'n and laughing.. We're going to pick up some Road Kings and cruise the Keys on Sat....... Bring Mrs Jbear.. Love to meet ya !!

Moj'
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 10:45am
Hey, you don't need to worry about that rainbow color belt. It's all good. I wasn't representing anything, just having a good time with my lady friends.

Hey, Dude, have you come out of the closet yet? I see you were digging deep yesterday. Let's see that mullet of yours. The 80's were great. I get a kick out of the movie, The Wedding Singer. Did we dress that goofy then?

Ken
WackyWillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WackyWillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 11:28am
That look is pretty retro. Got any pictures of ya talking on the CB radio with that mullet? Your killin me! I'm gonna put my G-string on and head for the water.
JJ's seein' it right.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 11:49am
Dude, your pictures didn't come out. You have me at the edge of my seat here.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 11:52am
Jim,

Do you own a speedo? We've shared those pics in the past. I'm not a fan of speedos.

Ken

82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 12:52pm
Please let this thread die.......
Life is Good.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Hey, you don't need to worry about that rainbow color belt. It's all good. I wasn't representing anything, just having a good time with my lady friends.

Ken

I was just blow'n ya some crap there Ken.. I used to have these knit fabric ties with matching colored fabric belts.. Man was that quite the look !!! hahaha,,, 80's were funny times..

Moj'
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 1:49pm
Not a problem, Moj'. You made me laugh about the rainbow belt. I look back now and say what was I thinking? Pretty funny stuff. I'm a huge 80's fan, specifically music. You can see how much of a Nautique fan I was by some of the pictures in the background. I was 14 years old in that first pic. Vanna White and Mustang's we're cool too! It would be nice to be young again. Speaking of young, were's Will been, the Hyperlite kid?

Ken
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 2:03pm
see previous post. I edited and I think the pics are working now...
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 2:27pm
That's great, Dude. Love the mullet. Do you still have those glasses?

Ken
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 3:16pm
That's one of the reasons I like that pic. The glasses would make anyone look good. I have them in the garage, they're safety glasses.

I can't believe I had the hair that long. I'm mullet-free now baby, and it feels great!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 6:42pm
82tique: This post is never gonna die! To much to laugh about. I know Stang has got some pics that belong here.

Mojo:Yeah Moj, I still got lots of them clothes, they are in at Bingo down here. Send me some particulars as to the Keys. You guys gonna rent bikes? Down there? Where ya gonna stay? To cool to meet ya and your buds. I always ride with mrs. jbear, she's nice to lean on and she always carries my favorite mints. I am having a hard time keeping her off her bike tho.

Ken: WOW is all I can say as to Patricia. Did ya tell her your parents were rich or some other "tale" to get her out with you?

Dude: What kinda boat? Looks cool. Nice hair.

Funny thing about all this is; you guys are all laughin' at these old pics and you all seen my pic; I still look like its the 80's. Mrs.jbear di throw out all the speedos and my awesome Leisure suits. Powder blue with white shoes and belt. Pure white suits. Wow I wish it was 85 again. I'd only be 34! Brown hair again.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 9:12pm
    You guys are killing me with this stuff.Speedos?No thanks!Thongs&G-strings,definately on the ladies,definately not on WackyWilly.Way to cover yourself with the pics of Patricia,Ken-good call ! I have seen stickers on cars that look just like that belt.I guess if we didn't all get older,we wouldn't have anything to look back on.It's all good in the end,life at it's best.Maybe mullets will make a comeback and you veterans of the mullet(the dude,jbear,ken,and anyone else i forgot)can be the ones to make it happen.Start growin' boys,I'll check back with you for fresh pictures in 6 months

Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic