NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

At last...ready to splash!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: At last...ready to splash!
    Posted: June-27-2006 at 10:10pm
Well, after purchasing the 62 classic on ebay 1 1/2 years ago...it's ready for it's maiden v.

Hope to get it in the water this week!

The rebuild went well(other than the arm and leg I gave) and after 180 degr. backwards distr....a few wiring delemas...and learning a bit about that sidedraft YH carter....it's holding a good idle and firing right up at the turn of a key!

Ready for the water!

Paul....I know it's been a long promise but pics this week! See ya soon!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2006 at 10:56pm
Gary
Good luck with the 62! I'd love to see some pictures.
Scott
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2006 at 11:57pm
Can't wait to see the pics. What a terrific project for you and your sons. BKH
Livin' the Dream

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2006 at 12:14am
stang,
You get the "YH"s figured out ok? I havent come across the paperwork from the guy I bought my rebuilt one from...
Im also hoping to get the 64 wet this weekend also... man , we gotta hurry ..only a couples weeks to go
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2006 at 12:50am
Well it's been a learning experience for sure! Really glad we took it on!

Wood...YH figured out...heck no! I only figured out which screws to turn...It appears to be set-up well.
Get this...it would run and die after 30 seconds...crank it and go for 30 seconds and die...UNTIL I figured out the wire leading to the pos on the electric fuel pump was hooked up at the starter terminal(by me)...it was the only place it would reach and I did not know what that wire was SOOO it would get fuel pressure each time it was cranked and run dry Hard to diagnos when it works part of the time!
ALL is well!
stang

The Super Air

Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2006 at 8:51am
Way to go Gary !!! Can't wait to see it !! Hope this rainy crap moves out of here for ya this weekend... "wire's, we don't need no stink'n wires" LOL...

Moj'
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2006 at 2:14pm
Stang,

we all do that silly wiring mistakes!! Been there done that!! Although i cant say i've ever done that... W H E R E A R E T H E P I C T U R E S M A N ! ! ! Man i cant wait to see that thing!!!! just kidding gary i know you've got more im portant things to do than take pictures..... At least right now?

See ya at gree lake guys!!!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2006 at 7:24pm
Stang; I agree with Paul; Where are the pics man? You know it is a persons responsibility to keep all us nosy guys in the loop. Let us all drool over it and send you lots of "props". Seriously tho, musta been a great time with your sons.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2006 at 9:36pm
Way to go Stang, Good luck with the Maiden voyage, they have a way of being quite eventful sometimes. We'll have lots of pictures in a few weeks up north. Pick up my kids from the airport thursday night , Summer will then officialy start. yee haa
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2006 at 10:06pm
Ok Ok Ok...pics by the weekend!

Still want one of those scooped motor covers....anyone???
stang

The Super Air

fuelctrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuelctrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2006 at 11:40pm
I just read the wiring deal and that is funny. You just invented the first turn key carburator/fuelpump. Good luck on the voyage I wish I was with you in mine.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic