Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1969 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bigwavedave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigwavedave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1969 Mustang
    Posted: March-09-2006 at 6:04pm
Redoing the interior. Should I remove the styrofoam beneath once I have the floor boards up? Will this cause and structural damage if I reomove? The boat has not been used for over 15 years. The seats were shot and need both driver and passenger seats. Any suggestions of what to replace with or pictures of the original ones. Any documentation on the boat would be great.
bigwavedave
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2006 at 6:59pm
IF...you replace all the flooring then I would definitely pour new foam. If you are stripping it that far down, definitely look at the stringers.
Scott
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2006 at 7:19pm
    Welcome bigwavedave to this awesome site! You have a great boat that will turn heads. Take the time and take care of her!!!

Jeff....
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2006 at 7:47am
My opinion on the whole to foam or not to foam question. First off always remove the old original foam, if its not full of water now it will be soon. Its got to go. Structurally you will never miss it, the foam is not keeping your hull from collapsing and isn't holding up your floor unless you have serious problems with one or the other. It does deaden the sound of waves slapping against the hull though. Should you pour new foam in, thats a double edged sword, it takes time and money and even though the new stuff is closed cell I still dont like the idea that its down there and can trap water in spaces and keep water from traveling smoothly and easily to the drain holes. However I have had to recover boats that sank while tied to the dock a few times (have a nice video of one on the computer but so far I haven't been able to get it smaller than 50 meg), the ones with positive floatation that keep the cylinders and heads above the water are a lot more fun to recover than those that are sitting with the prop and hull on the ground. I now have enough time and effort into this engine that I plan on having enough floatation to keep the engine mostly dry even when both plugs are out
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2006 at 8:49am
Here's a decent reference on replacing/repairing the floor.
Replacing Boat Floors
My 1974 Mustang 17

TroopTrack
: The Best Scouting Software

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigwavedave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2006 at 7:38am
This is bigwavedave admitting that I can't figure out how to respond to all you guys who have written me in regard to my original notice. If this happens to work, somebody let me know! Thanks, bwd
bigwavedave
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2006 at 8:35am
Hey Dave,

If you look at the bottom of this page, you'll see a box which says "Email Notify me of Replies." If this box is checked, and if you enter an original post, or reply, then you will get an email notice and copy of every response that comes in. I believe this
is what you're seeing.

These are not private 1 on 1 type messages, and are designed to alert you that someone has responded on this site to a topic in which you were participating. You did the right thing by coming back to respond.

If you get a private message from someone on this site, it will provide you with the sender's private email address, and so you should have little trouble responding.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigwavedave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2006 at 4:51pm
Thanks BKH! I'll learn this yet!
Bigwavedave
bigwavedave
Lake Bum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lake Bum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2006 at 12:30pm
Bigwavedave,

I'm currently doing the floor of my '80 Nautique, would love to hear how your project is progressing.
If it floats or flys, it always requires fixing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic