Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Exhaust

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
skischall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skischall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exhaust
    Posted: August-26-2005 at 3:41am
My fiberglass exhaust mufflers on my 1985 Ski Nautique 2001 are worn, cracked and leaking. Does anyone know where to buy new ones or can I run a straight exhaust hose all the way to the back?
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2005 at 12:43pm
You can run straight hose all of the way back. Now it will be a little louder but not much by removing the mufflers.
jameski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2005 at 1:06pm
I replaced mine this past Spring. I called SECC and Woody said they don't make the originals any more, but these are the ones they have been using as replacements (They appear to be less restrictive than the originals and they sound great!):

current boat
94 Sport Nautique
previous boat
78 Martinique
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2005 at 1:38pm
I believe Skidim has both straight pipes and ones with an elbow. I used the ones with an elbow that angles up toward the exhaust manifold. You have to position the mufflers a bit further forward than original (which means replacing short section of rubber between muffler and transom outlet), but this allows the use of smooth (not corrugated), nearly straight exhaust hose between the exhaust manifold and muffler.
skischall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skischall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2005 at 11:22pm
Thanks I installd the primex silencer from skidim sounds and works GREAT.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic