Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to remove windsheild from 2001

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to remove windsheild from 2001
    Posted: August-24-2005 at 2:49pm
Has anyone removed the windsheild from a 2001 model?
I search some old posts, but still need some more details.

Are t-bolts used on the 2001?
Is there a silicone seal or gasket of some sort that needs to be removed and replaced?

I'm guessing that it is atwo person job,do i just lift the whole windsheild straight up to remove it?
I'm removing the windsheild in an effort to buff out the dash area thoroughly.

My boat is a 82 2001,
Thanks for any advice.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2005 at 4:05pm
It can be a one person job. Each section should come off by it's self. At the base of the windshield should be a plastic strip that covers the screw heads/bolts remove it and you should have access to the hardware to remove the windshield.
marks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2005 at 3:49pm
82tique,

I have an 89, so I don't know how similar it is to your 82. However I removed my windshield just a few months ago to replace the weather stripping between the window and the deck. Mine was held on with screws into the fiberglass. They are behind plastic strip covers just as 79nautique said. The weather stripping appeared to be nothing more than foam rubber weather stripping that you can buy at home depot.
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2005 at 4:50am
How do I remove the plastic strip covers? Do you just pry the covers out with a flathead?Is the window just held in by screws?

marks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2005 at 9:38pm
The plastic strips are tough to remove without doing some damage to them. With mine, I put on some latex gloves and was able to slide the cover just enough to expose one end. I was then able to pry up the end with a small flat-blade screwdriver. It damaged the end some, but when I reinstalled them, I was able slide the damaged end back under the frame.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic