NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Suffering from Withdrawal

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suffering from Withdrawal
    Posted: November-26-2008 at 2:45pm
Does anyone else go through severe withdrawal over the winter months??? This is my first winter with a boat, and I catch myself daydreaming about driving, skiing behind, sitting in, staring at, or basically doing anything with the boat.

Maybe we should start a support group so we could express our feelings...
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2008 at 3:04pm
Craig, yes we have a phone list. Kinda like a HOT LINE,but about boats and not our other addictions.
The guys up North moan about the snow and the guys in the South bitch about the heat.
Don't be shy .............Boat dr
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2008 at 3:08pm
Already having withdrawals? haha, wait 'til February...hopefully with your withdrawals doesn't come the crabbiness that mine comes with... it's no good for anyone!

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2008 at 3:26pm
When they aren't in the water, there's always boat projects in the garage or shop!!

Craig,
Kick your wifes car out of the garage (or yours - mine is outside!!) add some heat if needed and you can always find something to do with the boat. Get a wood CC to work on. It does seem to be a current trend!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2008 at 3:33pm
Doc...I'll take the heat over the cold any day...you know you would too so quit rubbing it in

Pete, I probably got enough work to do on the '85 before I worry about getting a wood CC. What I do need is a bigger garage or a shop. Hard to work on the boat when it's 2.5 hrs away.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2008 at 4:05pm
time to catch up on some bedroom sports
"the things you own will start to own you"
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2008 at 4:18pm
Catch up?!!?    
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2008 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

The guys up North moan about the snow and the guys in the South bitch about the heat.
.............Boat dr

And some just Bitch....
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2008 at 4:22pm
I doubt I will be going through withdrawals with my Mustang project...
You gotta find someting to do in between the seasons. We race dirtbikes on the ice.
And, of course, the abovementioned sport. But that is year round ! Like Greg said, "Catch up?" Seriously. Prioritize!
Mike N

1968 Mustang

86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2008 at 5:05pm
Usually by Feb. I have to go see Dr. Scarpa in Winterhaven for some Professional Help!
πŸ‘£ Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2008 at 8:15pm
My boat is also out of the water and in a warm and dry garage... If it weren't for my bicycle accident (yeah, I got run over by a car ), I would already be giving her some love winter treatment...
I'll just have another 8 weeks to wait untill the cast comes of my arm...
On the other hand... I'm lucky all the rest is still in working order, so I don't have any catching up to do on the above mentionned subject
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2008 at 10:28pm
   Oh Yeah.

I'm about 6 weeks in to winter down time and I'm already getting ugly.Got some new wakeboard bindings today,which didn't help at all. I may be taking a trip down south sooner than later. Snow forecasted for Monday up here. Fortunately, I'm up to date on my other activities

Take care of that arm Kristof.

Mike     
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2008 at 10:34pm
Craig, I feel your pain.
Eric, sorry but I think you need a support group of one.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2008 at 7:09am
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

Take care of that arm Kristof.

I will Mike, I will...
I hope it will heal soon, cause the slopes in Autria are calling me!

BTW I'm watching a rerun on Discovery Channel about JD Webb jumping over a fountain on a wakeboard... Good to see he does it behind the Correct boat
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2008 at 12:24pm
the weekly average is up already, good thing im not Kristoff, couldnt switch hit then
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2008 at 3:18pm
C-Bass - I second the others'comments about getting your boat into a shop of some sort.

I was in your shoes last year, as I had bought in the fall & then stored it out of town for the winter.

By Feb. I couldn't take it anymore & trudged 100 yds through 3ft snow drifts (uphill both ways, BTW) carrying tools just so I could get my CC fix.

Glad I did, as I got a jump start on the repairs it needed.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
β€œBeer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2008 at 11:26am
Originally posted by C-Bass C-Bass wrote:

Does anyone else go through severe withdrawal over the winter months??? ...

That would be me. When the last toy comes out of the water, I am very sad. But I must say, having the Mustang in the garage to fiddle with has really helped out.

As far as making up on "things"....my sweetie is leaving tomorrow at 5am and will be gone through New Years (military). You guys can fill in the blanks. :)

Yeah....sad today. I will look forward to you all keeping me amuzed and smiling through the holidays. Way too much going on in the world right now.

And guys...please keep "Blinkey" in your prayers for a safe return.

Chelle'
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2008 at 11:52am
this really does su-k, no cars on the road this morning, i felt like the only idiot going to work, should be an easy day though, starting to hear the x-mas jingles on the radio, I little sore from playing guitar hero with the family lol, you shouldve seen that....all in all, it was a good Thanksgiving, Blinkey's in my prayers.
I need to put them Brownies in my prayers too, Ive been hearing the name Bill Cowboy or something to that effect lol, have a good day gotta go make the doughnuts
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2008 at 2:11pm
Not the only one. I will be working as well. BKH
Livin' the Dream

tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2008 at 12:14am
I went to work this morning also, but only to finish winterizing my boat. I'm contemplating shrink wrapping it because I lost my indoor, heated storage. I'm hoping that I can find storage, where I can work on her over the long, cold winter. I have a two car garage that is 45' deep, but I can hardly fit two cars in it with all the kid's stuff. My wife doesn't want the boat in there for the winter, so I may have to pay for winter storage. How much do they get for wife storage?
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Sam B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2008 at 12:24am
I think that depends on your income and how many kids. Try this in the spring and see if she changes her mind for next year. Good luck!

Loud pipes save lives!!

2011 Green Lake Reunion Best of Show.

Sam's 73
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2008 at 1:16am
Now that's one I don't recall being mentioned in the Kama Sutra.
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2008 at 1:43am
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

How much do they get for wife storage?
Steve

Auh, I think it's roughly half of everything! LOL
πŸ‘£ Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2008 at 2:55am
Originally posted by Sam B Sam B wrote:

I think that depends on your income and how many kids. Try this in the spring and see if she changes her mind for next year. Good luck!

I can't tell, is that the Jbear again?!? I thought he did it barefooted!!!
-Adam

1973 Skier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2008 at 10:56am
I could go to town on this one. lol
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2008 at 12:26pm
Ok, just one, i wonder if suction has anything to do with this
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2008 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by adamt adamt wrote:

Originally posted by Sam B Sam B wrote:

I can't tell, is that the Jbear again?!? I thought he did it barefooted!!!

As a matter of fact Adam...I have done that act....it is called the human towbar and we used it in our doubles act. I did it on skis just like the Bananna man.

john

PS to 86BFN: After Scarpa visit with me and Eddie...we foot in Winter Haven (year-round) and we can get a dinner and a few cold ones.
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2008 at 9:52am
I thought that was called, "We just happened to be skiing too"
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2008 at 9:59am
jbear, sounds good I'll buy! might not happen this year thou, sending child off to college so gearing up for that. I do appreciate the offer. I love Winterhaven, could live there after retirement. I envy you guys, it's snowing here now.
πŸ‘£ Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic