Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

68 Mustang rudder and stuffing box

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
leprechaun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leprechaun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 68 Mustang rudder and stuffing box
    Posted: April-28-2008 at 7:54pm
Where might I find a replacement stuffing box and rudder for my 68 mustang. Local prop shop was no help.. I'm finding Denver is not the place to rebuild a boat..

Thanks for any and all suggestions
Shawn Groom
Westminster, CO
1968 Mustang
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2008 at 3:28pm
Try GlenL. https://www.boatdesigns.com/departments.asp?dept=35 And while you may not find the exact rudder you have now, they have ones that work well as replacements and one which I'm currently using shown in this picture: (And yes guys, I'm aware there's no cotter pin in the shaft) They should also have the stuffing box.

ReidP
1973 Mustang

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2008 at 3:34pm
it does seem to be a nylock nut though, your cub cadet is missing a lug nut, if you want something criticised this is the place lol. Reid all your pictures remind me of the highlight magazines you read in the doc's office and they should be titled "whats missing in this picture"
"the things you own will start to own you"
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2008 at 3:35pm
Shawn, For some reason, rudders have never been a easy thing to find. Very few people carry them. Stuffing boxes/ports are easy though!

Here's another one:
rudders

Reid, But it is a nyloc!! Watch out with the stainless to stainless. I'd hate for you to go through the galling/lock up problem I had! Nice prop!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2008 at 3:57pm
Reidp..............FINS UP.................
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2008 at 4:17pm
Eric, all of my pictures, really? Now you've got me so paranoid I'll never post another pict. That Cub's been missing that nut since about '67, when it was new, and I needed a nut for a boat trailer, when I nine. You've just about got me figured out where everything I own is old,....and missing something.      
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2008 at 5:01pm
im messin with ya reid, cause i got the same fear of posting a pic, if i do i make sure i check them twice....guy's will pick it apart, just like you added "I know the cotter pin is missing" just in case you didnt know
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2008 at 9:54pm
Yall leave me alone on the pics...either that or you're laughing quietly?!!?
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2008 at 10:53pm
i didnt mention any names, plural
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2008 at 10:56pm
Have you tried Buck Algonquin, they make tons of underwater gear including the fins for the older Correct Crafts.
Nautique Frk
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2008 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by nautique frk nautique frk wrote:

Have you tried Buck Algonquin, they make tons of underwater gear including the fins for the older Correct Crafts.
Nautique Frk

No rudders at Buck Algonquin! I was really surprised.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2008 at 12:36am
leprechaun, Do you have a pic of that thing. I may have one in my stash of CC parts.My E-Mail adress is on my profile .Boat dr
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic