Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cleaning Breakthrough!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
workky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote workky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cleaning Breakthrough!
    Posted: October-13-2004 at 7:55pm
do you just apply this stuff and rinse it off?
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2004 at 11:54am
And deffently stay up wind. I use a pressurized bug sprayer to apply it, it runs about 10 bucks at lowes.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2004 at 11:51am
Been using it for years to clean the haul on my boat. Just spray on wait for it to quit bubbling then rinse with water, if it isn't clean re-apply.
IrishFooter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishFooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2004 at 1:32am
Here it is guys- I tried the muriatic acid cleaning tonight. Wow! I was wetsanding for some time to clean up some things in vain. I decided to spray on the muriatic acid and in seconds, yes literally seconds the boat was spotless, glistening white. That being said some precautions- *** PLEASE READ ON***
1. Acid will cause burns- protect skin with rubber gloves
2. Acid will harm mucous membranes ie eyes, nose, respiratory tract- as such protect yourself with a respirator and goggles
3. In no way am I promoting the use of acid and especially to those of you who are ignorant of its hazards- I have a lot of education (years of inorgamic, physical and organic chemistry) that allows me to feel pretty comfortable using the acid.
That being said be careful but it does work better than anything I have ever seen!
1979 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic