NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AT&T project Lightspeed

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 567
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2007 at 10:28pm
Gary, I found the article in the Trib on line. Here's the link:

bulky boxes

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2007 at 10:02pm
Pete,thanks for the heads up,I haven't seen it yet.Not knowing what the article says it's hard to comment.What I do know is there is only one per neighborhood,usually very close to the main cross connect box(called a SAC, can't for the life of me remember what that stands for,and was working in 4 of them today) and they are about the same size,3' wide 5' high, depending on the density of the area.The villages are correct,the state passed a bill that the Illinois Commerce Commission has control,before that bill,the company would have had to get agreements with every village and pay each of them a fee.My cable bill just went up again and I'm losing another channel,that makes 4 this year,so it will be good to give them a run for the money.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2007 at 7:20pm
I know we have several phone employee members here so I thought I would bring this up. There is a rather large article in todays Chicago Tribune about project Lightspeed. Evidently the equipment enclosures are on the LARGE side and it has quite a lot of people upset. It's one of those "not in my front yard" problems. Several villages are stating that there is nothing that can be done because it is within AT&T's contract that they can put the equipment anywhere they want!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 567
  Share Topic