NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hyrdrolic cam

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hyrdrolic cam
    Posted: October-27-2007 at 12:11am
Does anyone here have a problem with putting a hydrolic cam in are ski boats. Now now before the name calling starts, just asking opinions as it getting to be winter time for some of us and the site seems to be a little slow and short on new topics.

How would the hydrolic cam compare to the flat tappet cams. Obviously the hydrolic cam will allow the lifters to bleed down at low rpms. Does anyone see this as a problem, will it effect the performance in a ski boat? Thinking maybe a hydrolic cam would relieve our oil problems on whether or not they have the right additives.

I am assuming Reid, Boat Doc, TRBenj, 79 and numerous others will have something to say about this.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2007 at 12:28am
Jim, are you speaking of a roller cam, with roller lifters, as they are both hydraulic lifters to compensate for mandatory push rod to rocker arm clearance.
A flat tappet is just that, and a roller is as the name implies.......You are pulling my leg HUH??????
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2007 at 12:30pm
Jim, I think you're confused as all our stock boats run hydraulic lifters. Maybe your question is refering to solid lifters opposed to hydraulics.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2007 at 4:40pm
The boat doc caught me, just trying to keep you guys on your toes. Was bored at work and wanted to see who was going to be the first to catch it. I hope I didn't confuse anyone, if I did I am sorry I wont do it again.

But on a more serious note I am thinking about converting the BFN to a roller cam.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2007 at 2:28am
Well at least you ain't hooked on REMOVE when ya get bored at work.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2007 at 3:12pm
No you get fired for that kind of stuff at work. They monitor are computers pretty heavy for that. But CCFan doesn't trigger any red flags so I am good t go.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2007 at 3:38pm
roller rockers? ya got me
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2007 at 3:42pm
there goes two minutes of my life I'm not going to get back...
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic