Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1965 COrrect Craft American Skier ???s

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
weissrr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weissrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1965 COrrect Craft American Skier ???s
    Posted: October-20-2007 at 3:28am
There is a 1965 Correctcraft american skier on Ebay #330177276633 ends on the 23rd. I was wondering if some of you experst could help me out on a price I should offer. I saw the boat the paint is a 5. The motor is a 8. It is a special order version I think, it has the 289 mustang intercepter engine in it and runs smooth. Prop and botton is in good shape. The boat was hung most of it's life by the hook wear I saw. The manifolds look to be the originals. I was wondering also how many of these special versions were sold. Please take a look at the Ebay Auction and help if you can....Thanks
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2007 at 4:34am
weissrr,Don't mean to bust your bubble,there is nothing special there. Stock motor, ski pole is not OEM, nor the front seats,not sure as to the Morse control box.Could ahave came with a dash shifter and a floor mounted throttle.Pitot tube mounted in the wrong place,and missing the compensator.
Finding the original bench seat will be a little tough, tho the buckets give more room.Is the rear seat there?
What about the floor and the stringers, these will cost more than what you can buy the boat for,how bad do you want it?
If all the above checks out, and you realize it is not a one off , and there are some key parts missing,2500.00 or 3 thousand tops..............
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2007 at 10:06am
Rick, Who came up with this "special" edition? I emailed the seller regarding the original front seat(he does have it) and to figure out what engine he really had in the boat. He emaied me that he did find it was a 289 and if so would be the 190HP and not the higher he thinks. He did give me the engine ID # but my Interceptor book is older so I can't look up the exact specs. The seller didn't seem like he was trying to misrepresent the boat but may not be that informed. He hasn't made it to our "ebayhole" category yet! Did the description say the boat was painted? I didn't catch that. I'll go along with the Doc on the price.

Edit, Here's the engine ID #: GW21R524516

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2007 at 10:35am
Boat doc, 1:30am? up alittle late
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2007 at 11:01am
Here's a link:

65 american on ebay

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2007 at 12:05pm
Funny how I was instantly able to recognize his location based on one picture of the boat with the house in the background.

Thanks for the link Pete, on some of these threads I wouldn't even give it a look w/o a link.

I'd have a hard time paying $3k for that boat.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2007 at 12:03am

No bids on it yet at 2Gs..If he has the original front seat, sure looks like it would be worth that.... esp. if it was water-ready.

Probably not the best time of year to get primo dollars out of her, but might be a good time to buy?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2007 at 9:49am
It also may be the Champagne color deck. It was never a popular color and is really pretty boring. To me anyway!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic