Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My first Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dcoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My first Nautique
    Posted: September-14-2007 at 11:22pm
I just drove 900 mile to buy a 97 Super Air Nautique. Factory tower, ballast and tandem Nautique trailer. I am in the hotel in Orlando right now getting some rest and then driving back to northern Maryland. Veruy excited. I really was after the 89s but knew that we would want more room. I want to thank everyone on this site. So much support here. More than I had with my Wellcraft. It needs some minor cosmetic attention. I hope that when I get this boat home and start to clean, replace any items that might be broken, that this boat will become "me" as oppose to the previous owner. Look forward to posting. Thank you again
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2007 at 12:46am
Congrats, and welcome to the sight. Make sure to post some pics as soon as you get it home!

Rob
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2007 at 12:48am
Have a safe trip.
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2007 at 12:50am
orlando, better stop and see jbear and MM...
SeattleFordFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleFordFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2007 at 1:38am
Congrads on the purchase. Surely you will be happy with your purchase, even if it sits in the shop, in need of repair, like mine, since the entertainment of having one of these fine crafts is on this site.
Travs

Where there is a will, there is a way, and where there is a way, it usually costs more money.

1980 Ski Nautique
69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2007 at 1:48am
Dan,

Congratulations! Where in MD are you based? I am in St Mary's but put in at Reagan National Airport.

Mike
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2007 at 2:55am
Great boat. We're anticipating pictures and your story about how you found it and got it. Welcome!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2007 at 3:49am
Like the Dude said...story and pics please.

You also should not visit Orlando without seein' me, MM, and Eddie.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2007 at 2:07pm
Sorry Eddie I forgot to insert your name when I said he should see jbear and MM..
dcoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2007 at 11:51pm
You guys are awesome. I live in Manchester, 69 Mustang. My son wants to go to St. Mary's College real bad. They have a boarders club, Wakeboar and Snowboard.
I left Orlando this morning without seeing you, MM & Eddie. So sorry. I got 1 1/2 hour into my trip and flat tire. The tires were cracked and I lost 2 hours spending $300 on all 4 Chinese tires, don't ask. I just was on 95 and hit a tractor trailer piece of tire. It got dark and did not see it. Lost one of the chrome rings off of the rims. Where do I get one of those. I just got into Rocky Mount, NC at a hotel. Plan on getting on the highway around 7:00 am. This boat needs a little tlc. It is amazing when an owner has so much money and they just do not appreciate a work of art. Post pics soon and will be in touch. Thank you guys
dcoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2007 at 12:01am
Quick story how I found. My wife and I have been hammering the ineternet for an 89. We fiqured one day we would get a Super Sport but not until the kids get out of college. Found the boat on the internet and it just was reduced to $22,995. Called the yacht broker and asked what is his bet price, he replied, $20,000. We thought that price was a good deal with the description and photos. So off we went and took 2 days and drove 900 miles. The boat was not as good as described but still a good deal. 323 hours just need some tlc. Need many things to make it perfect and "our" boat. When I am done, this will be almost showroom condition. I hate anything not perfect. Would love to be able to pull off trailer and store in my garage for winter. That is a little scary. I have never removed a boat from a trailer without water.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2007 at 3:55am
Dan; Hope ya made it home safe.

Another reason why we like it here...always a good story on most every new boat owner. Enjoyed yours.

Get them pics up.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2007 at 8:34am
dcoll
You can do a search on skibums boat when he redid it. He removed it from the trailer and left it in his garage on stands.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2007 at 10:21am
lifting your boat

Dan, This is really the way to do it. Use the lifting rings on the boat. I feel this is easier than making stands to match the bottom of the boat and safer than trying to get the boat off the trailer onto the stands.

Congrats on getting the boat.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic