NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2001 Series Glove Box Covers

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2001 Series Glove Box Covers
    Posted: July-31-2007 at 1:24pm
If I were to make these available for $35.00 each, would you want one? To get the price that low I would have to make a minimum of 20 or so. I can drop the price more if more people are interested during the initial order.

Tim
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2007 at 1:41pm
What are you going to make them out of Tim?....Lexan, Fiberglass, Carbon Fiber, Acrylic?
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2007 at 1:48pm
Lexan or Kydex

I have seen a few variations, mine is smoke lexan/acrylic.

Do you have a preference?

Once we do the tooling, it would not be a big deal to have a couple different materials.

That initial price may drop by as much as half depending on the number of people, I just need enough to absorb the tooling cost from the get go.

Tim
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2007 at 1:58pm
No, I was just curious as I have already made a replacement lid for mine out of CF. I posted pics under glove box lid if you do a search.

here's the ref.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6032&KW=glove+box+lid
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2007 at 2:02pm
Yeah, I saw that. But the price of CF is so high and the time it takes to make them is not worth my time.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2007 at 2:20pm
I couldn't agree more. Messy job laying it up then sanding it down.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2007 at 2:30pm
$35 vs. $140+ no brainer, count me in for a backup...it's funny that this just came up, amy scratched mine saturday?!!?

mine is smoked plexi I think...and even from cc it took some 'fitting'
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2007 at 4:54pm
Oh god a scratch! Ours is tore off the hinge, and cracked across the width where the key/latch is. Kind of just "sits" in place, but does it's job.

If it fits properly I'd surely drop $40 on one.
Shredhead View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shredhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2007 at 5:07pm
Count me in for $40!
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2007 at 5:09pm
Yea Hollywood, a whole scratch   LOL   mine was only a hinge and a small sliver of plastic when I got the boat...the $140 cc replacement took some engineering as well...not plug and play

I smacked a mud dobbler and he dropped his mud ball right on top...amy was trying to help, but wiped it off dry   

1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2007 at 9:17pm
I need one for my 88' 2001 count me in too !!!
When will they be available ??????

Thanks, Mike
882001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 882001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2007 at 10:13pm
im down like 4 flat tires!

ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2007 at 1:56am
Count me in.Was about to order one from CC.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2007 at 12:55pm
I will pull my cracked one this weekend and measure it and start working on some quotes.

Tim
NAUTY-TIQUE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTY-TIQUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2007 at 2:10pm
I'm game as well, May be jumping ahead but I didn't see a payment method listed above, Will you do paypal when there complete?
keegan99usa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keegan99usa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2007 at 5:28pm
If it fits my 1991 i will be in for a black cover also. Let me know.
Thanks
Dan
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2007 at 5:37pm
Keegan, I think the glove boxes changed sizes in 90. Doesn't hurt to ask though.

Behindpropeller,
Are they going to be smoked like the originals, and will we have to swap our lock and latch units out from the old to the nw?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2007 at 5:51pm
Dan-

I can give you mesurements, so you can check.

87BFN- Yes, you will have to swap out the locks. I will plan on sending them out with a new locking ring washer though.

Probably will do 10-20 smoked and then another 10 in another color, depends what people want. Color is not as big of cost as the initial tooling.

Tim
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2007 at 6:05pm
I would be in for a smoked one for the BFN.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2007 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

I think the glove boxes changed sizes in 90.

I havent measured, but the 90-91 lids appear to be the same size as the 87-89. The latch isnt centered, though.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2007 at 6:55pm
I'd assume it's the same size, just don't drill the hole!
85Nautique View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 85Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2007 at 6:59pm
would you be able to do one for a 85 2001
I dig the black look!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keegan99usa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2007 at 7:17pm
Mine looks just like Tim's, except for the big crack and electrical tape holding it together, ;). It was like that when i got it.
One thing at a time, right boys?
Dan
87nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2007 at 8:50pm
I am in. How do I get one? What do you use for a hing, the old one?
Please post a picture.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2007 at 11:29pm
My mistake, thought the 90's were different. Guess it has been longer then I thought since I have been out on my uncle's 90 SN.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2007 at 1:27am
Originally posted by 87nautique 87nautique wrote:

I am in. How do I get one? What do you use for a hing, the old one?
Please post a picture.

I have not made them, wanted to see if I could spread the tooling cost out enough.

Yes, you would have to use your original hinge.

Tim
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2007 at 1:30am
Tim, can you make one for my boat too........

boat dr
Aemmer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aemmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2007 at 5:26am
I would buy one from you also. let me know.
88 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keegan99usa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2007 at 11:02am
Wondering the status on these? Do you have enough orders? I could use one anytime.
Thanks
Dan
BigAir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 1:51am
Yeah! Count me in for a smoked or black one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic