NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

87 BFN b4 Eric

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2007 at 7:37am
BFN, your barefootin will have to wait till next summer, remember..... i safety test all boats for at least 3 months and it just happens those months will be June July and August
"the things you own will start to own you"
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2007 at 8:29am
Eric, It a dirty job, but someone has to do the sea trials,got to make sure all is well.And sometimes getting all the bugs out just takes time..............boat dr
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2007 at 9:03am
Boat doc, you ever hear this saying..... Its colder than a whitches tit? its so f-in cold my windshield washer fluid froze when it hit the window. I had to break the ice in the toilet this morning
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2007 at 9:17am
Eric, not to bring up any subject that would tend to show the superior brain size and the intelect of the group of Homo Sapians that make the North their home............BUT..
Even ducks and geese fly south for the winter, Ever wonder why.........boat dr
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2007 at 9:51am
For the hurricane season?

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2007 at 10:08am
NO, NO ,NO,NO they fly North for the hurricane season,only the dummies stay here .Hurricane season starts June 1 and lasts till Oct.31,Kinda puts things in their order don't it........Mother Nature Ain't Dumb
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2007 at 11:27am
Very funny Eric, the check will be wainting for you when your finished safety testing it.

AS for the spot on the boat, I know I have never hit anything with it. That doesn't mean something wasn't hit when I wasn't in the boat.

Sometimes I stay on sure to visit with the friend of mine that lives on the lake. So it is possible something happened to it that I am not aware of. But that spot were all the gel coat is gone above the prop. Had been repaired before I bought it. I think the repair was not of good quality and washed out.

Footing with the boom, well I might give it a try this summer. Going to have try deep ups a few more times first. But for sure if I don't have it by GL, I'll be taking some of you guys up on the offer of lessons.

Oh yeah anymore bad news Eric?? Hopefully not. Eric do you think it is possible for the shaft to have been bent from when I bought it? I have only put about 110 hours on it since I bought it.
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2007 at 2:37pm
Great boat! Gotta love those Barefoots ;)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me"
gn6027 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gn6027 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2007 at 5:18pm
87BFN,
The color of your boat looks to be exactly like my '87 Ski Nautique. I've never seen another one that is same red as mine (now, other than yours). I've seen marron elsewhere, but not the red.

Its just an awesome color combination. Wonder if the red was a limited offering???

Glen
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2007 at 6:46pm
Of all the 2001s, it seems that '87s are more rare all together.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2007 at 7:05pm
I dont even have to put a dial indicater on it to see that its bent, its not a gradual bend, it takes alot of force to bend it where its bent and not to know it, its possible it was bent from before you bought the boat, I dont know, I will save it
Eric
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2007 at 8:23am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Jim we all learned the hard way, no boom, no suits and lots-o-pain. No need to be a hero....take advantage of all the stuff they use now-a-days. No need to do it the hard way, right Larry??

john

Absolutely. James. Don't make it hard on yourself. I've taught a number of people. Before I hooked up with them, some were headstrong and decided the only way to learn was to try deepwater starts. I disagree with that. Too many subtle things like body, leg, foot position to try to get it all right. Start out on boom or dropping ski to get used to barefooting before trying deep water starts. I think you will progress much faster.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2007 at 9:26am
I tried everything, sitting on a kneeboard, bozo shoes, the poles the only way
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2007 at 9:27am
Any serious footer will tell you the boom is the way to go. A few of our buddies don't like the boom and insist on going LL. Their form is garbage and won't progress like Larry pointed out.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2007 at 11:44am
If you have a boom absolutely use it. Start on the boom, work your way to a 5' line and eventually long line behind the boat. There is no shame in learning via a better technique and like the others said you will progress sooner.
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2007 at 11:55am
I learned by only using long line/deep water, it took me a summer 1 1/2 summers to finally get it completely, but i did it, but yeah i would definitely say if you have a boom, USE IT! no point in eating more sh*t then you have to... you'll have plenty of time for that once you get on the long line.

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 1:57am
My x wife tossed my boom in the trash, yes she was a b!tch..
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 7:50am
MM, some times you have to let go of the things you love, it starts the healing process, did she like to ski? lol eric
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 9:47am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

MM, some times you have to let go of the things you love, it starts the healing process, did she like to ski? lol eric

Just to be clear... you're talking about his ex wife, right? haha

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 11:35am
of course
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 12:42pm
Alright, good to hear. i just wasn't sure, bc I'm not sure how much you can love someone who throws away your boating gear.

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 6:20pm
that is never a good sign definitely a divorceable offense.
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 6:36pm
Did she throw it away before or after the divorce?
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 6:37pm
Eric[Dr.Phil],sounds if we are talking about a past life, the one before your preasent wife and kids.
Took 4.5 yrs. but the best thing my ex ever did was divorce me, took a while but the one that took her place is a 10.She loves the water as much or more than I, can out ski me as well.
Makes good crew on a Hobie or loading "her" Correct Craft on the trailer........boat dr
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 7:07pm
I think she had a pole phobia possibly? so in her sub conscience in some strange way by throwing the ski pole out....
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 3:53pm
87BFN, where is this Eric located? I just bought an 85BFN and may need some help on some gouges in the hull.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 4:10pm
Tullfooter, good timing- I was having a hard time finding pics of 87BFN's boat. The info in Eric's profile is:

Fantastic Finish Marine, Inc.
2455 Pearl Rd.
Medina, Ohio 44256
877-369-6693
330-273-8291
Fax: 330-220-1711
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 4:20pm
TRBenj, thanks for the info. He's a little further in Ohio than I was hoping. I will keep the info just in case. I'm in southeast Mi, just bought an 85BFN and looking for resources. Looks like this site is going to be a good one.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 6:03pm
tullfooter sent you an email check it out, there is a guy a little closer in michigan if distance is a problem. let me know if you want his number, comes highly recommened from friends of mine that used to sell CC's.

But Eric's work is well worth the drive.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic