NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Seat heater elements

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2019 at 10:31am
Many oem’s including MC and presumably CC offer heated seat options, so I don’t have the same concerns as Mojo. A quick google search revealed plenty of aftermarket kits that are appropriate for wet environments (boat, motorcycle). I will absolutely be pursuing these myself when it’s time to reskin my Bfn (to compliment the hot air heater I’ve already got). Also curious to hear anyone’s feedback on specific brands... good thread!
kylem428 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kylem428 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2019 at 10:23am
I put a seat heater kit in my wife’s 4-runner a few weeks ago so I have a little experience with them. They would be really easy to install on a boat seat if you already have the upholstery apart. Also, they can be cut length-wise. My understanding is that the heater element is carbon-fiber. That said, they are encased in a fabric which doesn’t look waterproof, so shorting out with a wet seat condition could be an issue. I got a 2-seat kit (4 pads total) with switches off eBay for $80 for reference.

Kyle
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2019 at 10:14am
First time hearing of anyone doing this... I'm no engineer, but I wouldn't want to do with anything where water and electricity would come in contact with anyone in my boat.. People in boats are for the most part "wet". Especially ski boats..

I would invest in a standard hot air heater made for that application and stay clear of wires any water.....

Just my 2 cents..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

slmskrs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slmskrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2019 at 11:01pm
Has anyone installed seat heaters in their boat? I'm in the process of getting new skins for my '97 SN and am looking for recommended brands. Hard to tell which are good and will hold up. I've actually been using a $20 car seat heater that straps on the seat and it works fairly well. But since I'm doing the upholstery, I am going to do the driver seat cushion as well as the observer seat cushion and back.

Anyone with any experience installing them? In particular, the seat cushions have two different pieces of foam with different heights and skin material runs between the two foam pieces to the frame to pull the seat material down in the gap. Not sure how I'm going to d elements there although I understand you can cut the elements to shape (in one direction only).

Anyway, anyone with experience with this?

Thanks,

Gordon
Gordon '97 Ski Nautique, GT40
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic