NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fall Midwest Mini-Reunion

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 456
Author
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2006 at 8:33am
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Alan , did you make it down to Ottowa over the weekend? how was it? The couple time Ive ever been around the Fox/chain..been pretty busy..Moj probably knows if any part is better then another?

Steve, Ottowa is this weekend, Boot Camp. There will be some awesome riders out there and I hope to learn a little since it's all new to me.   Plus, we may camp friday night and that's always a good time no matter where you are.

Mojo, if you saw where we launched the boat from 2 weeks ago I'd have to say we can drop the boat in anywhere with the motorhome, I was actually a little nervoius it was about to become a houseboat Real shallow ramp and had to back in farther than normal to float the boat. Went back just a few feet too far and into the sand. We made it out fine but I was really thinking tow truck.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 10:48pm
Hey guys,
Just got back from a long wekend in Michigan...without the boat.. , oh well..
Depending on when/where...Id be up for a quick get together!   

Alan , did you make it down to Ottowa over the weekend? how was it? The couple time Ive ever been around the Fox/chain..been pretty busy..Moj probably knows if any part is better then another?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 9:06pm
I think you guys should all look again at the pic posted by Hollywood and then check out the link to his Boat Club. I did and gotta admit, these guys know how to do some serious partying. Best part is they are not afraid to take pics of everything. No worry about incriminating evidence here.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 7:45pm
Anyone willing to let a couple of free loaders ride along and go for a quick ski, my wife and I would be willing to drive a couple hours for a fun day on the water. Where is Powers? Labor day is out for us..we'll be in Nashville
Next year, I'll definetly owe you guys a ski at GL, or wherever we end up. Now, if only I had unlimited money to fix the 97

Rob
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Any chance of good water for dropping in the course?

Across the street on the small lake "probably". Local tubers will probably complain though. There is a cop boat on the small lake but rarely comes out, along with all the other boats on the lake. If you want to come out one of these weekends before we can try and see what happens.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 4:58pm
I think Powers works out location-wise. The chain may just be too huge, and too crazy. Any chance of good water for dropping in the course?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 4:53pm
I plan on attending Boot Camp this weekend w/o boat, but I know Ken will be there bumpin' his SAN.

I was just throwing Powers Lake out there. Yes there are 2 launches, one free one pay. The pay one has parking but it's limited. I always use the free one, it's much better. You can park by me for free, plenty of lawn space. Then walk down to the docks while swerving around geese sh*t on the lawn and jump on the boat. Shoal areas are well marked and never a problem. Lake size is ~450 acres and VERY clean.

I don't own property but all launches and our dock area have porta-potties for emergencies. Local town has 1 small motel, but there are plenty in surrounding areas (15 minute drive) if you really wanted to stay.

I've got no problem with the chain, but it does get crazy out there on holiday weekends. Powers will be busy, but we hang out most of the day at the Rock bar. Bring a heavy anchor or use some augers to twist into the bottom. Augers work much better, I might be able to find a few extra you do plan on coming.

If it's not Labor Day weekend, I'll go anywhere else in the area, but we usually have lots of people up that weekend. Although most of us are in our 20s, many parents like to attend this event as well. You can even meet Hollywood and PLBC's mother.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 4:38pm
Not to thread jack but we're gonna head out and check these guys out saturday Midwest Militia Boot Camp we may camp there Friday night if we can get out of work early enough. They run a few of these events each year and I hoping to get some tips to help us out for our reunion next year. This could be a pretty cool day Saturday if anyone's interested in tying up for a float.flyer
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Count me in if the date works.

You can buy 1 day ($10) or 5 day ($20) passes for the chain.

$10 sounds pretty good, we'd be up for that. probably not labor day weekend though, that place gets pretty darn busy.

Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 4:30pm
Boats-Beer-Brats and in Quinner's/Hollywood's case Broads...

Anyway.. Powers looks doable.. Here's some questions since I've never been:
1. Is it super shallow? Ken's whole story has me freaked now...
2. Are the ramps super crowded, or do they shut them down after so many boaters?
3. Are there sand bars or places to rest in the water and partake in some frosty ones?
4. Is the ramps suitable for Alan to launch the 81' with his 30 foot trailer?

Just wondering???
Moj'
David Adams View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Adams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 4:18pm
so kool. So you do all bring your boats right?
1974 Mustang
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by David Adams David Adams wrote:

I am a newbie located on Lake Delhi in Eastern Iowa,about # 1/2 hours from Chicagoland. I would really love to attend this reunion. I do know of Fox Lake near Chicago but do not know of Green Lake. Is Green Lake in Illinois? Do you all bring your boats? I hope to see updates on time and place so i can attend. Any info would be greatly appreciated. See Ya Soon

Welcome to CCFan David.... Green Lake would be about 3-1/2-4 hours from you in central WI. Just had the First Annual Midwest CCFan reunion there a few weeks ago. Powers Lake is inbetween the Chain of Lakes and Lake Geneva..
Stay Tuned and see where this goes.. Love to have another CC owner out there enjoying these events..

Moj'
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 3:54pm
Count me in if the date works.

You can buy 1 day ($10) or 5 day ($20) passes for the chain.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 3:33pm
For the most part Dana and I are in for G/L but Powers lake would work and isn't as far, doesn't matter which as long as there's a bunch of us going. We'd be up for Blarney but I think we'd need to buy a $75 permit for the chain and for 1 day I don't think I'd want to do that.

What weekend doesn't really matter, we're pretty flexible
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Originally posted by Mojoman Mojoman wrote:

Kick out some ideas.. Fox has never been my favorite place to boat, but......

...I haven't been to Blarney Island yet.

You guys could come to Powers Lake on Labor Day weekend. We'll be holding down the rock bar with PLENTY of cold ones. Across the street is a small lake perfect for some morning/evening ski runs, although it's $20 to launch.

I'd love to go to Powers- "Live the legend". Labor day weekend is out for me. My company is moving to a new location that weekend and I have to make sure our entire computer infrastructure makes it safely. I'll be camping at the office the whole weekend.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Adams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 1:56pm
I am a newbie located on Lake Delhi in Eastern Iowa,about 3 1/2 hours from Chicagoland. I would really love to attend this reunion. I do know of Fox Lake near Chicago but do not know of Green Lake. Is Green Lake in Illinois? Do you all bring your boats? I hope to see updates on time and place so I can attend. Any info would be greatly appreciated. See Ya Soon
1974 Mustang
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Adams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 1:56pm
I am a newbie located on Lake Delhi in Eastern Iowa,about # 1/2 hours from Chicagoland. I would really love to attend this reunion. I do know of Fox Lake near Chicago but do not know of Green Lake. Is Green Lake in Illinois? Do you all bring your boats? I hope to see updates on time and place so i can attend. Any info would be greatly appreciated. See Ya Soon
1974 Mustang
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Mojoman Mojoman wrote:

...I haven't been to Blarney Island yet.

You guys could come to Powers Lake on Labor Day weekend. We'll be holding down the rock bar with PLENTY of cold ones. Across the street is a small lake perfect for some morning/evening ski runs, although it's $20 to launch.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 12:53pm
Joel,
Are you thinking perhaps the Fox in Sept or still in August?? Other than that around us in the Chicago Metro area, we'd need to go to a Southern or Western River.. But I'm game...

I know 81 Naut and 62 Wood were talking about Green Lake again in the fall, but we'd propbably have a better chance of a bigger turnout if it was down here somewhere..

Moj'
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 11:44am
Thought I'd start this up as a placeholder for a fall get-together of the GL reunion group. I know this came up in conversation several times at the GL reunion, so I'm just following through here. This would be nothing formal, just a get together. It doesn't have to be at GL, but it would be great to learn more about the lake and whatnot to prepare for next year. Depending on the amount of people, maybe we could do it around Chicago. I'm open to any ideas. I know for sure we have to get Rob back on the water since his 97 has left him high and dry. Any ideas, suggestions, sites, dates, input?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 456
  Share Topic