NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pics of your tow vehicle?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 29>
Author
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2013 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by Smithfamily Smithfamily wrote:

If anyone is looking for a good "tow vehicle", I have a nice 1996 Suburban 4x4, for sale CHEAP! $2900. 146k, Third row seats, cold dual ac, runs great. PM me and I will forward pictures. Everything works, I bought a newer one. In Orlando.

That sounds like something JoeinNY would buy... except for the whole "everything works" part! Got any pics? Any rust?

Funny I thought the same thing, except it doesn't have nearly enough miles...and the third row of seats would have to come out to make room for recreating equipmunk.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2013 at 4:48pm
Most people who have installed a locking differential in a front axle have learned why this is not a factory option and now keep their thumbs outside the steering wheel.
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2013 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

Most people who have installed a locking differential in a front axle have learned why this is not a factory option and now keep their thumbs outside the steering wheel.

They make steering stabilizers for that exact reason. :)
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2013 at 5:10pm

If anyone is looking for a good "tow vehicle", I have a nice 1996 Suburban 4x4, for sale CHEAP! $2900. 146k, Third row seats, cold dual ac, runs great. PM me and I will forward pictures. Everything works, I bought a newer one. In Orlando.

That sounds like something JoeinNY would buy... except for the whole "everything works" part! Got any pics? Any rust?

That's a decent price. We sold a 96 Suburban 4x4 about 1 year ago for $2k. 219k miles. AC and defroster did not work. It had 1 rust hole in left rear rocker panel and I'm sure more about to come out.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2013 at 5:30pm
My truck has a limited slip but it has stability control that cannot be disabled. This ruins any hopes of sideways smoky fun.

If you can get it sideways it throws the truck into an weird uncontrollable slide because the system assumes you don't know how to drive and cannot correct wheel input properly for yaw angle.

No fun but I have to live with it :(.

Then again who actually does that on a daily basis driving to work besides me ha.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2013 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Then again who actually does that on a daily basis besides me ha.

Just you and all the high school guys.
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2013 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

That's a decent price. We sold a 96 Suburban 4x4 about 1 year ago for $2k. 219k miles. AC and defroster did not work. It had 1 rust hole in left rear rocker panel and I'm sure more about to come out.

No Rust! Paint on hood and roof faded. Blue with silver sides, blue leather, two rips in front seat and one in middle rear. I would not be selling it if I did not get a 99 with a tricked out interior. Girls call the the 96 "ghetto" ( I said sure, ghetto you here and ghetto you there..)and the 99 "Uptown"! Problems uploading Pics, again?!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2013 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Then again who actually does that on a daily basis besides me ha.

Just you and all the high school guys.

I will teach Maddox how when the time comes. You'll be a worried dad.
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2013 at 8:05pm

2006 Ford Territory AWD 4000cc 265Hp (194kW) straight six with VVT. 6 Speed ZF auto. Runs duel fuel petrol or Lpi direct liquid LPG (propane) injection.

Has run trouble free for 237K Klms (140K miles).

Kapla I looked at the new Ford Ranger also they are a nice package same running gear as the Mazda BT50 utility (truck) in Australia. 3.2 litre diesel with 147 kW(200 Hp) and 470 Nm torque(346ft/lbs) Although engineered and tested in Australia by Ford they are both manufactured in Thailand.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2013 at 8:21pm

No Rust! Paint on hood and roof faded. Blue with silver sides, blue leather, two rips in front seat and one in middle rear. I would not be selling it if I did not get a 99 with a tricked out interior. Girls call the the 96 "ghetto" ( I said sure, ghetto you here and ghetto you there..)and the 99 "Uptown"! Problems uploading Pics, again?!

Blue and silver? Nah, that wouldnt work for Joe.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2013 at 9:14pm
No rust on a mid 90's Suburban? Up here it's hard to find one that doesn't have rusted lower doors, I think it's a combination of poor inside door drainage and just the tendency for this generation GM's to rust.

My '97 Suburban diesel was on the verge of having bad rust when I sold it with 225,000 mi, the new owner did a body swap and it lives on! I have a '98 Sierra dually diesel crew cab at work, in good shape, and just bought a '98 Sierra 3/4 ton extended cab diesel, looking for a plow rig. These 6.5 diesels, with a few mods, really tow very well given the relatively low power output compared to modern trucks.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2013 at 9:55pm
I had a 91 S 10 with almost no rust after 11 Chicago winters, by then it had all fallen off :)
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2013 at 12:02am
My 73 Scout had manual hubs with 4L-4H-N-2H next to the 3-speed on the hump. Classic old style-no synchro in first gear so had to be at a dead stop to get into 1st. Best 4wheeler I ever had, that thing was unstoppable....

Halvey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halvey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2013 at 10:31pm

2013 Avalanche (My upgrade from the '96 Cherokee)
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2013 at 10:37pm
JD1010 and the Avocado Queen

Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2013 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

Blue and silver? Nah, that wouldnt work for Joe.

NO RUST FLORIDA PRIMO, Joe??
Js
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2013 at 11:19pm

Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

have always liked my tow packages to match..

john

not a Ford, but keeping with jbears matching theme...

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
oznautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oznautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2013 at 11:24pm

My 2012 Mitsubishi Triton
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2013 at 1:03am
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

have always liked my tow packages to match..

john

not a Ford, but keeping with jbears matching theme...

this is so cool that it don't matter that its not a Ford...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2013 at 2:42am
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2013 at 2:53am
Not to be outdone by Chris, heres a pic of my (sometimes) tow vehicle that also doubles as a cherry picker.

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2013 at 10:00am
Duuuuuude.....Nice Cherry!...Where can I find a tree like that?
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2013 at 11:11am

I was thinking about that boat the other day, what are you doing with it? Or what have you done?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2013 at 11:46am

'68 F250 Camper Special original California truck I purchased from original owners daughter and 1976 Southwind. Parked in front of Bayview Motel in Green Lake WI this summer.

Truck and my son's '96 Mustang GT (which I borrow when I need the sports car fix).
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2013 at 11:47am
One of the most well matched rigs! Nice garage door Dave!
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2013 at 11:58am
Dave, 'bout time you get a pic of the old F250 posted...

Good looking rig!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2013 at 12:05pm
Thanks Zach and Steve!

My computer was back at corporate for an engine overhaul, or something like that, and I have been on the road too. So, finally got a chance to get the pictures posted.

That garage door is more of a PIA to maintain than the Southwind

Steve....I saw pics of your classic Chevy on this thread. Very nice looking truck! You need to post a pic of that truck hitched up to your '73 SN. That would be SWEET!!!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2013 at 12:07pm
Dave, that's a beautiful rig! Love the F250's! I still kick myself for missing out on a 79 a few years back.

Adam, it's patiently waiting stringers in the barn with the others. I'd like to get it flipped over so we can sand off the bottom paint but haven't had time to make that happen.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2013 at 12:12pm
and then sell it to me
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2013 at 12:16pm
You want to throw the old 351 from the Martinique in there?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 29>
  Share Topic