NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

73 Correct Craft Skier?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 73 Correct Craft Skier?
    Posted: March-13-2006 at 7:21pm
I just found a skier about 2 hours from my house. the top is white and the hull is all blue with some nice looking custom correct craft lettering on the sides. The interior is all new with blue and white stripes blue carpet and a back seat it also has a nice tiqe swim platform. Someone put a newer windshield on it and a newer ski pole. It has a good looking 302 in it. I will be looking at it this saturday and I was wondering how these boats pull and how the wake is. It will be used all summer for slolom, wakeboard, kneeboard, barefoot, and just crusing. Ive herd that the smaller correct crafts will easily do over 50mph which would be more than enough to barefoot. I've never been behind anything but a 351 inboard I would assume that the 302 will have pleny of pull on a deep start because its small. They are asking 5000 for this boat and if I like it I'm thinking about making a 4500 offer. This price sound right? I was in the market for a 70's ski nautique but this boat caught my eye and so did the price. It is a much nicer boat than the nautiques are of the same years for the same prices. My dads first boat was a 74 nautique so I really want a 70's correct craft.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2006 at 7:43pm
I had a 72 Skier 302. I don't ski so....It was fun and very fast.Handled like a Corvette on water.I sold it for 4500.00 and the guy that bought it was very happy.Good luck
Scott
ccskier16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccskier16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2006 at 8:02pm
Mine is a bit tired so it doesn't have much high end speed ,so barefooting doesn't work very well anymore (time for a rebuild during my lengthy restoration). It has a hard wake, but a very nice table for trick skiing. Price sounds fair. Rotten stringers and wet foam should be a big conern from experience, the whole front half of mine was soaked. Anyway, it's a great little boat with a nice overpowered engine in it!
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2006 at 8:09pm
   Most of the older CC's will do up to 50. Without playing with the engine, most wont do over 50 as a rule, but faster than the newer ones.
                                Jeff...
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2006 at 8:10pm
Thanks for the info. Is the wake hard and flat or is it to big for slalom. I will be using it for a practice boat all summer Im sking for ball state this fall.
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2006 at 8:13pm
    The faster the better, and minimum of weight helps. A full tank of gas, and 3 adult people (plus the cooler) will give a good size wake to cut through.
                           Jeff....
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2006 at 8:15pm
Thats cool. My dad has a 92 prostar 205. It has a pretty nice wake. I can deal with the hardness but the hight is what sucks. I usually play around 34 mph so I would assume that it would be pretty flat around that speed.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2006 at 6:12am
Hey Phats,
Is it down just Southwest of Indy? White/blue with striped seats?

Moj'
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2006 at 12:41pm
Thats it Mojo. what do you think about it?
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2006 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Thats it Mojo. what do you think about it?

Phats,
Decent motor, ran well. Interior: 8 out of 10. Brightwork: needs rechroming. Hull: A disaster in my book. The deck looks like moguls, patched up, you can see the glass cloth through the gellcoat. Someone botched it up good... The bottom hull, crazed and chunked, but original. Trailer is original and OK. If you want to rebuild the hull and put the time and effort into it, it's OK, but not for the doe.. I didn't think it was worth the money, and the owner will not budge !!! Picture look nice, but up close....
2 hours away is fine, buy maybe for $3000-$3500 tops.
Just my 2 cents.

Moj'
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2006 at 3:26pm
Wow sounds like junk.I talked to the owner today and he said that it was orignal gell coat and that when he baught it he replaced the stringers the interior and the motor was rebuilt before he got it and he put 175 hours on it. He said that he repainted the trailer and put new wheels, tires, and axel on it. He must be pulling my chain. He said he had it for sale for about 2 months. http://www.idlezone.com/html/boats.html   that is the marinas website check it out. When did you drive the thing? The pictures must make it look really nice. Where are you from Mojo. The owner said that nobody had come to look at it. Was he an older guy?
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2006 at 3:35pm
I drove almost 5 hours to see that boat in October last year.. It does not have the original gell coat up top !!! If it does, it was made on a Friday, because it looks like crap !!! The boat has been with that dealer for months... Yes, the motor ran well, but all in all, there was no way the boat is worth $5G !!! There are plenty others to look at for that price range that have better hulls !! It also has an added scag on the bottom that had caulking all hanging off it..

Unless you strike a deal for a lot less, or want that exact boat, and you don't mind what it looks like, the "to each is own"... I walked away from it for the price..

Moj'
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2006 at 3:41pm
Thanks for the info man. I just thought if it was all that he said it was it would be a good deal. If it was as nice as he said it was I was going to try to get it for around 4000. Do you have any leads on 70's correct crafts for around 5k that might make a good boat? There is a 74 nautique on here for 5000 in Toledo Ohio. Just like my dads orignal boat. Thats what im actually looking for but I would take any nice Correct Craft.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2006 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Thanks for the info man. I just thought if it was all that he said it was it would be a good deal. If it was as nice as he said it was I was going to try to get it for around 4000. Do you have any leads on 70's correct crafts for around 5k that might make a good boat? There is a 74 nautique on here for 5000 in Toledo Ohio. Just like my dads orignal boat. Thats what im actually looking for but I would take any nice Correct Craft.

Well, that's why I made the drive.. The pics look good, and don't get me wrong, for the right price it is a good boat.. He wouldn't even entertain an offer off his asking so I kept looking..
Yes, I do have a lead on a 78' Tique. drop me your email and I'll give you more info on it. d.dorsen@worldnet.att.net
Moj'
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic