NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interior Pictures & Boat : SN

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Andrew McBride View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew McBride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interior Pictures & Boat : SN
    Posted: February-06-2006 at 1:16pm
Finally! Here are the pictures I have promised to many of you. You can follow this link here and see some pictures of the interior and the work that has been done.

http://photobucket.com/albums/a312/almcbri/Ski%20Nautique/?sc=1&multi=1
Andrew McBride
83' Ski Nautique
"Under Construction"
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2006 at 2:18pm
Very impressive restoration. Nothing like a "brand new" 23 year old boat. Serious head-turner.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2006 at 2:28pm
Very nice. Keep updating those pictures!
bwooton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwooton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2006 at 2:43pm
NICE!!!!!!
Thanks Bobby

there's no replacement for displacement
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2006 at 3:21pm
Andrew,

Nice detail on the motor cover. Looks like the stripes are raised? Did you do the interior yourself.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2006 at 3:40pm
Good job! Nice colors
Scott
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2006 at 6:58pm
Ditto what 81 said, awesome job on the interior. Whole job looks great.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew McBride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2006 at 9:29pm
"Looks like the stripes are raised? Did you do the interior yourself."

Alan,

The stripes are raised a bit. I did not do the interior work, there is a lady near my home that does amazing work. She said she was cussing me while doing the engine cover but was happy with the finish. I couldn't be any happier with her work.

I have some Ski Nautique decals that are silver-gray in color that will be going on the boat. Then I am going to tint the window. The 351 engine goes in next and a little tuning and then it is ready for the lake. I am kinda a slow builder with college being in full force, but I should get a little time over spring break to make some progress!   

I do have a question if anyone knows about this. I am not really happy with the aluminum trim piece that goes around the inside of the boat. Is there a plastic like piece that anyone has used in place of this?

Andrew McBride
83' Ski Nautique
"Under Construction"
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2006 at 8:08am
Wish I had a garage like that to work in.....looks like an freakin aircraft hanger.

Nice work, look forward to seeing some pics of it on the water.
Life is Good.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew McBride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2006 at 3:37pm
Thanks for the reply's guys, this website has been a big inspiration to my build.

That is my parents shop, it is 50x80 round top. We chose that style of building due to the Tornado's we have here in Oklahoma. A lot of work to assemble but they are solid buildings.

Andrew McBride
83' Ski Nautique
"Under Construction"
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2006 at 3:57pm
All that work on the boat and no lakes to put it in. I hope you get some rain soon. I've seen photos of the dry lakes in OK. Looks pretty bleak. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2006 at 4:03pm
Andrew,

Do you plan on putting graphics on it? If so, what are your plans? That will be the finishing touch. I wouldn't go too wild. I recommend the '97 - '98 Ski Nautique lettering, almost the same as the 2006 lettering.

Ken
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew McBride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2006 at 5:26pm
Do you plan on putting graphics on it? If so, what are your plans? That will be the finishing touch. I wouldn't go too wild. I recommend the '97 - '98 Ski Nautique lettering, almost the same as the 2006 lettering.

Ken,
I believe the graphics I have are from a 99 nautique. I can't remember exactly. They are silver-gray in color. I bought them from NW Correct Craft.

Bkhallpass,
   yeah it is really dry out here and fires have been terrible. I hope to see some good showers soon.   
Andrew McBride
83' Ski Nautique
"Under Construction"
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2006 at 9:29pm
Hey Andrew...bring that thing to green lake! No shortage of H2O there...deepest in WI...I think there are 200+ feet deep areas!
BTW...nice work!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew McBride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2006 at 3:44pm
Stang 72,
Where's Green Lake located? There is a lake I have been going to since I was 8 in Mountain Home, AR it is called Norfork. Beautiful waters and great coves to ski in. It tends to get a bit crowded during the weekends though, but during the week its great water!

I am sure most of you run your boats in crystal waters, here in Oklahoma our water is pure red! You don't wear suits with white in them, they turn oklahoma red in no time
Andrew McBride
83' Ski Nautique
"Under Construction"
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2006 at 3:56pm
Andrew,
Green Lake is in South Central Wisconsin.. 1-2 hours from Milwaukee in the "Land of Sky Blue Waters"

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2006 at 6:49am
Andrew,

Nice Nice Nice......You and that boat of yours will look good on Green Lake!! It should be alot of fun, bring it on out with the rest of us boat freaks!!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2006 at 7:35am
Originally posted by Andrew McBride Andrew McBride wrote:

I do have a question if anyone knows about this. I am not really happy with the aluminum trim piece that goes around the inside of the boat. Is there a plastic like piece that anyone has used in place of this?

Andrew:

Yes, there is a plastic version of the edge treatment that I think you are asking about. My '93SN uses black plastic. I am sorry that I cannot give you advice on where to find the trim other than a CC dealer. I would bet that they sell it in bulk.

Your boat looks great. IMHO, coaming pads would set the interior off. A nice pad that transitioned down into the side of the rear seat and the stripe pattern interupting the length would look awesome. You would also not have ot worry about the edge protection.
slalomguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slalomguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2006 at 8:15am
Andrew that is one sweet rig. Was it hard to remove the windsheild?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew McBride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2006 at 11:56am
Originally posted by slalomguy slalomguy wrote:

Andrew that is one sweet rig. Was it hard to remove the windsheild?

No, it is simple. All you have to do is remove the plasic piece in the bottom of the window-(this may be different for other CCrafts's) Then there will be screws holding the window in place. After all the screws are out then the two side windows pull out from the windshield. I would recommend having a buddy help you. I did it on my own, but another guy would come in handy.
Andrew McBride
83' Ski Nautique
"Under Construction"
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2007 at 2:51am
Im pretty confused on this boat, wich year/model is it??

It looks like a 80-81, but it has some 2001 details, I cant get it.
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2007 at 4:46pm
Your boat pics are really nice !!!!

Mike
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2007 at 8:45pm
Good work! Question, Paint or gel?
hasbeenskier
James67ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James67ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2007 at 5:20pm
Love the job you did.

I'm a chesehead as well!
In the process of re-doing 67 ski nautique

the engine was replaced with a 440 chysler
and the cover is a hack job, I need to make a new one

where did you get the interior done?

did you build a new engine cover?
thanks for your help.
Restoring 67 Ski Nautique
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2007 at 8:01pm
Im pretty confused on this boat, wich year/model is it??

It looks like a 80-81, but it has some 2001 details, I cant get it.

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2007 at 9:42pm
Based on his signature I would Guess it is an 83' Ski Nautique.

Andrews Signature: "83 Ski Nautique Under Construction".
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2007 at 9:54pm
Yes Quinner, But check the boat's keel at the transom, it doesnt have the extra V compared to an 80-81 SN.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2007 at 11:02pm
Luchog,

Good point, after looking a bit closer at the pic's the bow scoop/vent on andrews also appears to be glassed over similar to the 70's era, the bow scoop/vent on a 2001 hull would be running up/down the bow, who knows, it will be interesting to hear what year it really is.
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2007 at 11:21pm
but then, it has the "wings" on the sides looking from the stern, that's what confuses me!!! Also check the platform brackets.
marks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2007 at 12:25pm
Luchog,

I think it might really be a 1983 Ski Tique. They had the old style bow vent, a step chine like the 2001s, but not the extra V.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic