NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Classic owners Reunion

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 6>
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2005 at 6:09am
Scott,

Congratulations on the Torino. Man, I wish it was me, that was definitely the boat on my wish list. Some day. Enjoy it. I think you've got a very unique classic there.

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2005 at 6:43am
Way Cool torino Scott, Get to work on it we all plan on see'n Ya there at the reunion!! Maybe you could by an old ford torino to pull it to the lake with? LOL See ya there...
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2005 at 7:55am
Hey, Ive got an idea!!!!
It wouldnt take a lot to have a couple of "regional reunions". I like the Green lake Wi idea myself, but the guys in Ohio,Ky, Mo,etc could put together someting in their areas also....
Heck , do them different weekends and maybe we can make a "summer" of it!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2005 at 9:39am
Early summer spot and a late summer spot...perhaps!S.midwest and N.midwest???
Lets get the first going and maybe a second could shake out!!!
Wood...once again...you can have them all! Think BIG
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2005 at 10:21am
OK Keith,

Time to step up. I think you need to start organizing the New England chapter reunion. Obviously somewhere in the New Hampshire Lakes region. I bought my Tique in Wolfeboro, home of the NH antique boat museum... A likely target. Unfortunately I'm up here but the Tique is in NC. Ok everyone, how about a Lake Norman reunion. Just kidding. Just jealous because midwest is a little out of range for me and I would really like to be there. (Maybe I could talk scott out of his torino)
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2005 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by stang72 stang72 wrote:

Scott...just checked out that Torino you bought...very cool indeed! What needs to be done to get it ready?
Scott
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2005 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by stang72 stang72 wrote:

Scott...just checked out that Torino you bought...very cool indeed! What needs to be done to get it ready?

Stang, Hopefully cosmetics only...scratches, gauges etc. and a qt of gelcoat maybe. It just has to look good because we still dont know how to ski. That's why we went with the v drive...more room to eat and drink! We are hoping to attempt skiing this summer...that should be funny!
Scott
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2005 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by 67nautique312 67nautique312 wrote:

Way Cool torino Scott, Get to work on it we all plan on see'n Ya there at the reunion!! Maybe you could by an old ford torino to pull it to the lake with? LOL See ya there...

Paul, sounds like its going to be a great time! Dont know if the wife, kids, Gamecube and DVD player will fit in a Ford Torino...would I still look cool in a 2001 Ford 15 passagner white (looks like a church bus) van?
Scott
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2005 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Scott,

Congratulations on the Torino. Man, I wish it was me, that was definitely the boat on my wish list. Some day. Enjoy it. I think you've got a very unique classic there.

I really thought it was cool looking. I will enjoy it more in the spring when it starts up and runs ok. Because when I bought it, it was winterized and I didnt want to rewinterize. So...I took the guys word that it runs great. We shall see...
Scott
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2005 at 6:10am
Be warned. I understand they are quite loud (and that's a bad thing?) It is my understanding there is so little space between the engine and the transom that the exhaust manifolds practically hook directly up to the exhaust ports.

Reminds me of another boat I was tempted to get when I was looking for my tique. I saw an ad for an old donzi 2+3 with a v-drive. I thought it was a misprint or that the guy didn't know what he was talking about because I thought donzies only came in I/Os. I went to look at it and sure enough it was a v-drive. Very hip and unique boat. Tempting, but the engine was a basketcase in the guys basement and since I am not overly mechanically inclined, I passed.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2005 at 6:56am
Hey scott,

Hell i dont think it really matters what you pull it with everybody will be drooling over that boat!! Loud pipes save lives!! Ha Ha

67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2005 at 7:08am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Be warned. I understand they are quite loud (and that's a bad thing?) It is my understanding there is so little space between the engine and the transom that the exhaust manifolds practically hook directly up to the exhaust ports.

Reminds me of another boat I was tempted to get when I was looking for my tique. I saw an ad for an old donzi 2+3 with a v-drive. I thought it was a misprint or that the guy didn't know what he was talking about because I thought donzies only came in I/Os. I went to look at it and sure enough it was a v-drive. Very hip and unique boat. Tempting, but the engine was a basketcase in the guys basement and since I am not overly mechanically inclined, I passed.

Scott
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2005 at 7:31am
75 Tique
the guy I bought that Torino from, said it was loud.Hey where did you get that picture? I've been looking for other pictures of Torinos to see if my 75 has been altered. For example.. there are two Nautique stickers on the boat...that does'nt seem right. also, one large air scoop in the engine hatch over the carb.

Scott
Scott
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2005 at 7:39am
I always wanted to try one of those vinal repair kits..so I did on a very Small hole (about the size of a pin head). now I got a melted area over that small hole about the size of a quarter
Scott
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2005 at 7:59am
The photo I posted above is a v-drive Donzi (I just posted that in case anyone didn't believe me) The Torino is pretty allusive as far as getting pictures. In the 68 and 72 brochures there are pictures of the Separator version (with the bat boat windshields). The 75 brochure shows the separator with one windshield. Not sure of the difference between Torino and Separator, but you don't see any brochure info here about the Torino. Couple other Torinos in the diaries. Tryan's in TN (whatever happened to Tryan?) and one that was sold in RI (near me, I looked into it but it had been sold ) Wonder where that one is now. Anyone know?
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2005 at 12:41pm
Everyone,
I love the idea of having CorrectCraftFan.com regional in-water reunions. I could even makeup shirts if there's enough interest. I tried starting a New England version two years ago but the site wasn't getting enough traffic then.

I can setup registration pages for each region through the site and add space for photos and stories post-event.

We need a single point-of-contact / event person for each region and we'll go from there. Any volunteers?

I'll take New England (but would welcome any help).

-Keith

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2005 at 9:04pm
Thanks Keith! Where would we all be without ya and this site. Come on guys, stepup, nows the time to get these dates decided upon so we all can start making our plans...john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2005 at 7:57am
Regonal events!!! registration page..outstanding!

I will volunteer to help in the midwest region...i'm about smack dab in the middle of this first outing...cental IL.

I think it would be very likely that turn out could be as many as 20 - 30 boats in any region!
Heres a thought(some Ideas)...6 regions...N.East, S.East, N.Midwest, S.Midwest, N.West , & S.West.
The Southern regions could host early summer (cause it's warmer)...Northern regions , late summer.
The interest level in the midwest has been strong enough , that I believe , two locations would both have good turn out.
I will suggest that if in the midwest, we want two locations (N & S)...they be Green Lake Wi(Mojo's suggestion)) & Beaver Lake (Pauls suggestion).
What do you think!
Paul...will try to call today !
stang

The Super Air

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2005 at 9:18am
Stang, just a guess, but I'm thinking turnout
in the midwest would be the strongest. perhaps it would be more effective to concentrate on the 1 or 2 geographies where you have a lot of interest right now. If those go well, might generate intersest elsewhere.

The thing is, here in California, there were only about 20 boats for the Correct Craft reuinion, and that was with lots of mailers, promotion by the dealers, etc.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2005 at 9:32am
Stang,

If Green lake is selected I would help out any way I can. I take some time off work between x-mas and new year and would offer to take a drive up (about 2 hours)and pickup a bunch of the areas travel guides. I could get a list of hotels, campgrounds together and mail out to those interested. I found a campground on the net that looks to be right on the lake and would like to check that out for myself anyway.

If the site is determined before x-mas let me know and I'll plan a day.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2005 at 10:10am
My vote,
Ky lake, Barkley
Beaverlake sounds good. How far is Marktwain from cincinnati
P.s. I don't know if they allow leather speedos on ky lakes. Stang, check in to that
Scott
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2005 at 2:25pm
BKH; Hard to believe, only 20? When we were in Ohio we would always have in the area of 100 to 110. Here in Orlando this year we musta had close to 100. Cool time just walkin around lookin at boats and tow packages. Make you air reservations now, was April 23rd this year.....john
"Loud pipes save lives"

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2005 at 9:55pm
BKH...I guess you will have to fly out this way.I'm about 90% sure I will bring a second boat!If your comming I WILL have two...ReidP...possible fly in??? It would be great to see you both!!!

62wood ...enjoyed the phone conversation and thanks for the help offer!

Tried calling 67nautque312 today...must be out on the town
Try again Sun.

Big question here...if we have two summer outings...one at Beaver lake (Ozark country) and the second at Green lake Wi....Who can go ??? anyone up for both? Can we make two happen or is one better???
Please give some quick feedback!!!

Anyone that wants to know more about Green Lake...Contact "Mojoman" he knows it well...62wood has looked into it some also.
For more info on Beaver lake...contact 67Nautique312. These are two beautifull lakes that have much to offer!!!
stang

The Super Air

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2005 at 9:59am
Stang and JBear,

Very kind offers. I will have to see what date and location is chosen, and match against the work schedule. At this point, I have the most important element, wife is interested. So, we'll continue to monitor and see what happens.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2005 at 10:50am
BKH; Interested wife is always a good thing. How is the back?...john
"Loud pipes save lives"

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2005 at 6:45pm
I've attended either the OH or FL reunions every year for the last 7 years. It's right at 500 miles to either of those locations from Charlotte. So I'm good to drag one to anything close to that and maybe a little further, ESPECIALLY with the opportunity to splash the boats as opposed to sitting in a parking lot. And I never seem to travel alone. Somewhere in Kentucky sounds great, but I'm game regardless. Oh, and sorry about the b-ball game last night Wildcat fans. I'll know better than to bring a light blue boat to the bluegrass lakes.    

And Stang, the new ebay Classic splashed today as well. Ear to ear. All it needs is a new front seat bottom. I've only got an hour on the 390 Ford big block which hadn't been run in 3 years, but it seems to be an original Interceptor from everything I can tell, and it runs good and strong. I'll try to get some picts posted.

If you fly out BKH, you can commandeer(sp) one of ours. I'm stoked!

ReidP
1973 Mustang

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2005 at 11:41pm
Just got back from playin a hockey game...still do that...no teeth lost! Few beers after...and time to check the posts!!!When it gets cold here...gotta keep active!Trike...how's the hockey going???

reidp...good to hear from ya....can't wait to see that classic posted. That 390 should push that hull ...fast fast fast!If you need any dimentions or pics of the front seat....let me know...my wood frame and seat bottom is original and in great shape.If ya can...email some pics , like to see it....it's those damn classics that got this thing started in the first place!!! Paul needs to post some more pics of his 63...it's KILLER!!! fine job he did!

Paul...how about that motivational photo...you know which one!!!!

Kentucky lake ??? Beaver Lake??? for the Southern MW region....both are good locations!

stang

The Super Air

The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2005 at 7:55am
Beaver Lake sounds good to me. My summer schedule would only allow for one trip, and that one depending on when. I think this is one of those things that if we can get it off the ground we can move it around from one summer to the next to accomodate different people.
Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2005 at 9:23pm
ReidP,

Again, another kind offer. Great group of people. I'll do my best to see if I can't get out there and meet you all.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2005 at 1:35pm
Hey All,

Gary and i had a conversation on the phone today (tue.) and the final date was made. Drum roll please..............................JUNE 24th 2006 I hope this works for everyone? Now the location i will leave to a vote and majority wins.... Please leave your vote for either green lakes WI. or Beaver Lake AR. Either place will be and awesome place to get together and plenty of accomidations for lodging and tourism!!And both lakes are very low traffic. This thing is a first time thing and i think a few years later and alot more input on this site, we can make several site reunions every year and hopefully get all of the CC family out to meet and show off there toys (The one with the most toys wins)Please no hard feelings if this thing doesn't work for you but we will eventually have one that will fit your area!!! Either place is cool with me, Both will be a long drive for me but no big deal, I will not miss this thing,You all sound like a great time so place you vote and i will see ya there! Once we make the final location we then can talk about Photos t-shirts and future reunions... Oh and stang i will get those motivational photo's on here but someone will have to show me how to do it. I might be mechanicaly inclined but computer illiterate..

See ya all and thanks for all the input
Paul,
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 6>
  Share Topic