NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CT mini reunion: Aug 24-26, 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 7>
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CT mini reunion: Aug 24-26, 2012
    Posted: July-18-2012 at 1:19pm
Ive mentioned it a few times on here, but figured it was time for a formal thread. The Benjamin clan will be hosting the 2nd annual CT mini the weekend of Aug 25, 2012.

Here is what can be expected:2011 CT mini

Not to worry, I have ordered some better weather than last year! Ken has promised us a repeat performance on the parasail, so that will be a real treat. Accomodations will be sparse, but we will do our best to make everyone comfortable.

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2012 at 2:59pm
Looking forward to it!
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2012 at 5:23pm
Count me in
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2012 at 6:57pm
Umm hell yeah... coming.. might even bring a boat. Guests, tbd asap.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2012 at 11:47pm
I'll be there with a guest and a boat! Anyone wanna buy a Martinique?
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2012 at 10:54pm
Tim,
I'll be there with the '63 Plastic Classic and will load it up with any Footers that are at least equal to the boat's age, and if we don't have enough, we can drop the age limit. This hull has yet to EVER (almost 50 years) pull a footer to my knowledge. But since I have run it a couple of hours (and enjoyed it's performance!!), I am almost not able to hold off till the CT Mini!! Who will join me?? I'm thinkin' it's got the 8a11$ for 6+! Needed, just a driver and a large "girl friend" in the back seat!!

I think more classics will be there as well, so there maybe a Kodak moment.

I'm also working on bringing my (formerly your) Tique, but my engine rebuilder is currently looking for a block to replace the one (that was welded but still has lots of cracks) in the boat. Not sure I can get it all together by then, but that story has another day, much like your '79 Barefooter.

If Joe from NY is NOT draggin' a boat, he can stop by Exit 26 of the NYST and I can load him up with a tow.

UT

IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2012 at 5:41pm
Holla.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2012 at 5:38pm
Todd, would a 64' qualify? If so count me in!!

We will be heading East the week before staying at our Lake house on Candlewood, about 30mi from Timmy's.

Timmy's on Fri & Sat, Look forward to it!!

Anybody around who wants to ski on Candlewood the 18th-23rd drop me a line, Timmy???
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2012 at 8:30pm
Let us know when your in town would love to get together during your week here about 20 min drive for me to candlewood. My cell number is on FB
-Phil
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2012 at 1:20am
Mr. Quinner Sir,

You are more than in!! I'm not that good at math, but I'm thinkin' that anyone born in the '60's qualifies hands down. My brother (Tim's father, Gregg) was born in the 50's and I'm tryin' to get him to man up and drop a ski.

Todd
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2012 at 12:47pm
Todd, What the heck is up with that, Gregg footed with all of us at the CCfan reunion on Lake George back in 08'?? Any chance we could dig up several pairs of cut off shorts and some ski belts, LOL,

Fill, I will call u for sure, look forward to seeing you and your pops as well!!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2012 at 7:37pm
Thursday midnight arrival, and then driving [with] CQ home Sunday.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2012 at 1:50pm
this is turning into quite a crew...
Tim (and I assume Greg?)
Hollywood
Joe
Quinner
i've never met Chris, Brian, Eric or Chuck but I can't wait...is Reid in the mix?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2012 at 1:55pm
Its def sounding more like a big crew lol
Myself, my GF, and my father.
Just praying for awesome weather.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2012 at 1:57pm
The Benjamin family compound will be the home base, so Gregg and Uncle Todd (Got Tiques) will naturally be in attendance. My place has a rocky shoreline and isnt as well suited... but there are a few more docks (and couches) down there for overflow.

I have been assured that Reid is most definitely in the mix.

Wheres Gottaski at?
Originally posted by GottaSki GottaSki wrote:

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I am planning to do another CT mini though... pencil in the weekend of Aug 25th. Details will be forthcoming.

Wahooo!!

Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2012 at 2:11pm
Tim, was thinking about setting up a tent.

I'll probably bring my brother and/or a buddy of mine.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2012 at 2:18pm
Sounds good, Brian. Pretty sure Ken will be in attendance, not sure if he's planning to bring the new boat or not.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2012 at 2:21pm

Sounds good, Brian. Pretty sure Ken will be in attendance, not sure if he's planning to bring the new boat or not.

New boat?! I actually haven't seen or talked to him in a little bit.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2012 at 3:46pm
I think I'll be rolling in friday late afternoon/early evening, may even caravan with Joe, since my boat will be at his place the week before anyway. I think I'll have one girl with me, maybe two...the prettier they are the harder they are to predict. Plan after that is to roll out Monday morning, will bring a tent but plan to play it by ear.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2012 at 4:18pm
Looks like my +1 is coaching a volleyball practice till 11 or so on Friday, so I would suspect the caravan possibilities with Iaughtnaut are exceedingly high- leaving around lunch or a little before. Hoping Chris(Storm34) and Picture Pat stick around owasco lake for the morning watersports session on friday while the girls are assembling themselves, but with a new boat to meet who knows if Chris will be able to slow his roll that long.   

As for Quinner (also Chris) - sounds like you are driving over and should be stopping by my place the weekend before?
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2012 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Looks like my +1 is coaching a volleyball practice till 11 or so on Friday, so I would suspect the caravan possibilities with Iaughtnaut are exceedingly high- leaving around lunch or a little before. Hoping Chris(Storm34) and Picture Pat stick around owasco lake for the morning watersports session on friday while the girls are assembling themselves, but with a new boat to meet who knows if Chris will be able to slow his roll that long.   

As for Quinner (also Chris) - sounds like you are driving over and should be stopping by my place the weekend before?
well now this plan's starting to come together, cause I think the flight that I have mine on lands around 11:00 or so on Friday in Rochester...
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2012 at 6:43pm
scratch that, 12:46...I get off the red eye fro Seattle at 10:45, I'm thinking I'll just catch a nap at the airport, pick her up when she lands and then grab my boat and fall in line with you by your place around 1:30?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2012 at 6:57pm
It will be a solid 2 pm depending on plane arrival but we can work it out.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2012 at 9:10pm
I'm trying to make it, will do my best. Lots of stuff going on that last week before school starts here, plus we may be moving my oldest into her college dorm on Sunday (freshman year), not sure yet.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2012 at 1:24am
I'm a solid "maybe" at this point lol. Would love to see all of you guys as its been almost two years. Got a 4 day family camping trip the weekend before and don't know if I'll be able to pull the following weekend off with my work load...I'm working on it though.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2012 at 1:28am
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

I'm working on it

Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2012 at 5:25pm
I'm in. Coming in on the same flight as Hollywood and hitching a ride back with Quinner.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2012 at 5:57pm
No problem Johnny, we got a spot for you right next to aunt Edna!!
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2012 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

No problem Johnny, we got a spot for you right next to aunt Edna!!

Must be on the roof rack then.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2012 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

New boat?! I actually haven't seen or talked to him in a little bit.

Yes, new boat. After searching high and low, I located a 1999 Ski Nautique in Virginia. It has 440 hours on the GT40. 2005 Ram-Lin trailer with little use. I had MacCallum's Boathouse go through the boat and give it a tune-up. Love the super soft wake. I just can't get used to little exhaust noise, mostly transmission whine.

I should be at Tim's Friday night or Saturday. Leaving for Las Vegas Sunday again this year.

My two girls:

Photo prior to me picking it up:

Interior with extended pylon:

GT40 freshly tuned up with 440 hours:

Ken

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 7>
  Share Topic