NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ice Out - Open Water 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2012 at 5:55pm
No Pete, just a basic cantilever. Owner is actually out of town, I am going to row out there tonight and survey it, try and determine how deep it really is and also place an additional marker as I am not sure how well that rope was attached before it went down.

No Plan yet Chris, he will most likely need to send a diver down to tie off and maybe have the local pier installer come out with his duck boat crane to hoist it up. Guessing where it dropped is about 30' deep. The pier section that also went out we can probably hoist by hand.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2012 at 5:09pm
I sure hope the lift wasn't a Shore Station hydraulic! Besides getting a diver to go after it, he may have a certain agency going after him!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2012 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

Glad to hear the ice is out. Now when do we ski??? Next week, we will have light to 7PM or later, that's all good!!!

+1, let's ski.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2012 at 3:26pm
Glad to hear the ice is out. Now when do we ski??? Next week, we will have light to 7PM or later, that's all good!!!
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2012 at 3:25pm
I'd pump a bunch of ping pong balls down to it like the mythbusters and float that B back home!
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2012 at 3:16pm
WOW! Whats the plan for the rescue?
connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2012 at 2:37pm
Can you say BRRRRRR! cold water.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2012 at 2:05pm
March 7, 2012 our lake is officially open water!! This is the earliest ice out in my memory!!

Crazy thing did happen this AM, my neighbor never takes his boat lift completely out of the water, just drags it to the shore where it freezes in. Usually not a problem except this year, LOL. This AM it floated out with the ice, made it about 2-300 yards from shore before it went down, roflmao. While we were working on getting the John boat launched to attempt a rescue one of the guy's kayaked out and tied a ski line with a buoy to it. We now know where 30 foot above his boat lift is, OUCH.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic