Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1978 351 w rr

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
draire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote draire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1978 351 w rr
    Posted: July-04-2010 at 12:48am
Thanks a million for the Schematic. Took only a couple of minutes to get everything wired up properly once I had that.

One thing I note is that it takes a few minutes to warm up the engine; otherwise, when I apply full throttle it wants to die. So, I must pump the throttle a few times to keep from stalling. Once warmed up I have no more problems.

I will post pictures soon.

Have a great 4th!
David
Drairedavid
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2010 at 9:46am
David,
Are you getting power to the coil with the ignition switch in the crank and run position? If you have a point set (no conversion), pull a file through the contacts to clean them up. A finger nail file will work great. Here's the wiring diagram out of the CCfan reference section. Do some browsing - it's got lots of info in it.

Tell us more about the boat and welcome to CCfan. Any pictures?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
draire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote draire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2010 at 7:47am
Off topic

I am a new owner of a 1978 Ski Tique. Am in need of a wiring schematic for the ignition switch.

Also, am not getting any electrical to the Plugs. Have had the Coil tested and it meets specs. Definitely have battery voltage. Any suggestions what my problem might be?
Drairedavid
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2010 at 8:50am
Originally posted by rstuart rstuart wrote:

i'm shooting to get my boat as close as i can 78 cc southwind20

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
rstuart View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rstuart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2010 at 2:24am
thank you tom i've been wondering about that green but i guess i'll try to match it as best i can in a high heat i'm shooting to get my boat as close as i can 78 cc southwind20
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2010 at 1:59am
Well, my 78 PCM 351w motor was dark ford blue, everything but the exhaust manifolds were this color. The manifolds are a nasty green color.

I painted my manifolds black because they were hideous in the stock color, and my performer intake is now Silver, with black GT40P heads.

Here is the motor before , basically as it came from the factory.

78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
rstuart View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rstuart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2010 at 1:41am
could anyone tell me or post a pic. of the proper engine and manifolds color.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic