Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Show Off Old Water Ski Photos!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
skierbrant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Show Off Old Water Ski Photos!
    Posted: March-01-2010 at 3:13am
I've got a ton of old ski photos and thought it would be fun to post them!
Liz Allen

Rolland Hillier (don't know who he was)

Here is an old Correct Craft (anyone know what it is?)

1972 Promo Ski Nautique being used in a Ski Show

My Dad Orrin Augensen after winning a trophy for tricks in 1967(notice his homemade trick skis! Pauly-Banana called them the Augensen3000!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2010 at 3:22am

Pauly-Bananas old '68 Nautique (I think he is pulling me!)

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2010 at 12:51pm
Awesome pics. Like Stepping back in time! Musta been a cool time with all those cool CC's and Dynes!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2010 at 1:05pm
What's with the trimming of the binding up by the toes on one side?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2010 at 1:13pm
Cool pictures!

The old CC in question is a 1st gen Ski Nautique... probably a 65-67 judging by the steering wheel and bow light. With that motorbox, I bet it was Chrysler powered.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2010 at 4:15pm
I think the bindings were suppose to be custom fit. Left and right foot only. There was a local guy that used to make them, Bill Kosloski. (Not sure if I am spelling his name right).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2010 at 4:16pm
I guess the boat does look like similar interior that Pauly had in his '68. Just looks different without the windshield.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2010 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by skierbrant skierbrant wrote:

I guess the boat does look like similar interior that Pauly had in his '68. Just looks different without the windshield.

The giveaway is the raised character lines on the bow of the boat. 1st gen for sure.

Is that an orange '72 promo? It looks more like a yellow '71 promo with the cursive lettering on the side.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2010 at 4:51pm

I think the bindings were suppose to be custom fit. Left and right foot only. There was a local guy that used to make them, Bill Kosloski. (Not sure if I am spelling his name right).

that is so true!!!
I once tried tricks, a friend had one and borrwed to me, only problem it was for a goofy rider...I gave it a try anyway...2 problems for me: riding in a slipery like soap ski and the worst goofy foot
first and last time i ever tried ts...

I´ll look for someold pics in the albums and post them here!!1

<a href="">1992 ski nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2010 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

The giveaway is the raised character lines on the bow of the boat. 1st gen for sure.

Is that an orange '72 promo? It looks more like a yellow '71 promo with the cursive lettering on the side.

Not sure about the color. It could go either way! These were scanned into my computer from old color slides. They have been sitting in albums for years!
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2010 at 7:26pm
Id like to make a bench out of those trick skiis! Match my chairs perfectly
Take your work seriously, not yourself.
Boat Pics
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2010 at 7:50pm
No old skiing pics on this computer, but here's our old Skier! I know I've got some pics of my old man driving the boat, mullet flapping in the wind!

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 1:35am

A brown haired Jbear, it is March now...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 1:40am
Originally posted by 75 stang 75 stang wrote:

Id like to make a bench out of those trick skiis! Match my chairs perfectly

I wish I still had those old tricks! First pair I learned on! I have an old Wake Tech 69 wakeboard that would make an excellent bench!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 1:44am
Originally posted by adamt adamt wrote:

A brown haired Jbear, it is March now...

Your Dad was crazy! NO DRY SUIT?!!! I have skied in 35 degree water before but the air temp was in the upper 50's. I did wear a dry suit!! I'm a wimp!
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 2:09am

His attire slightly resembles The Fonz when he waterskis...

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 2:14am

Speaking of which, what is Richie driving in this video?!? looks like a nice boat.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by adamt adamt wrote:

looks like a nice boat.

Besides the fact it's a MasterCrap!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 2:12am
That was a beat your A@$ MasterCraft!!! Who was the jumper? Wasn't it Wayne Grimditch?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 2:20am
Pauly-Banana Trickin' back in the day!!

Fine looking group here-from left to right,
Skier-Ox, Daddy-O, Skierbrant, Pauly-Banana, Steve-O

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 2:23am
Can't forget a picture of the Moms!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 2:25am
Me and SkierOx at age 7 and 12.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 2:30am
Me

SkierOx (don't kill me for posting this one!!!)
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 1:12pm
No problem, everyone has a beginning point! I love the chair inside the 1972 for watching off the boom. Great pictures, the colors look really good for the age of the pictures!

Also, I like my life vest better than the orange one that you got stuck with!

I have Pauly and Marilyn working on theirs!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 4:16pm
Awesome pics!

Any more of that 72?
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 5:43pm
Here's me getting up behind the 77 SN, in probably 87. Incidentally this lake is VERY close to the lake we currently have property on in Eagle River.

Here's the crew, the old man on the transom. Circa 1987. This boat is responsible for all of this CC sickness. This boat was Chevy powered (I remember the "OMC" risers) and was the Chain Skimmer's show boat in 77 or 76. Belonged to family friends who stayed in Eagle River all summer and had all of their kids in the ski team, all original 'Skimmers.

2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by skierox skierox wrote:

I love the chair inside the 1972 for watching off the boom.

Chair? We all sat on the engine cover! That is the pylon sticking up in the picture (remember it was like almost taller than the windshield!)

I will dig up some more pix of the '72!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 8:25pm
[/QUOTE]

Love the boat!
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 9:10pm
Now I see, what I thought was the arm from a seat is the pylon ring finger! Ouch! True how could a chair really fit in that area! Everything seemed bigger back then, because we were smaller!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 9:53pm
I posted this video a few years ago in BKH's "first boats" thread. It also has some skiing in it and I guess its been long enough to allow a "repost"
No show skiing and predates our 66 mustang...but still, some old days ski footage.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic