Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Show Your Pride-Show US Your HORNS

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Pauly-Banana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly-Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Show Your Pride-Show US Your HORNS
    Posted: October-20-2009 at 12:49am
Boy, I wish that I had ordered horns on my 1968! I would have been honking the horn all the time on the river while passing my ski buddies house "Chicken Little." They would have needed to be chrome and as big as I could get. Big trumpet, as big as a trombone! This may have cut 5 mph on top end!
82 Nautique 1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82 Nautique 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2009 at 7:22pm
Thanks, will give him a call
Original Owner " Dennis"

1982 Nautique
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2009 at 5:27pm
You might want to try Bruce at N3boatworks at phone number 317-845-9253. He has alot of stuff from the old Southwest Correct Craft! Hope that helps, you never know!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82 Nautique 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2009 at 4:45pm
The otherNautique in the back is my buddy's 86.

I have 1 horn that cracked and broke. They both still work, however they need replaced.

I would really like exact match. Several years back I checked with Kieth at Midwest CC and he could not find one.
Original Owner " Dennis"

1982 Nautique
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2009 at 2:28pm
82 Nautique 1,

What a great boat! The interior looks like a combination from 1986-88! Perfect, and the carpet with the super clean engine! This is a great looking boat that has been well taken care of. What is the issue with the horns? Are they damaged or that they just don't work? Also, I noticed the rear end of another Nautique in your picture. What year is that one?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82 Nautique 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2009 at 1:33am
I am interested in a set of the horns, I could not find exact replacements. My 82 came from Midwest CC as well. If anyone has a set, let me know.

Thanks
Original Owner " Dennis"

1982 Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82 Nautique 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2009 at 1:32am
I am interested in a set of the horns, I could not find exact replacements. My 82 came from Midwest CC as well. If anyone has a set, let me know.

Thanks
Original Owner " Dennis"

1982 Nautique
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2009 at 1:22am

Well I know I should'nt say it but, I have to get my horns to work
on my boat...

I know I just opened a door !! could be worst like hornless....hehe

Dave
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2009 at 11:37pm
Bruce,
Its not about the electric or air (btw...air is the only way to go on an old boat ) I just dont like the look on the 64 for some reason... and I LOVE air horns!

What boat you need air horns for?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2009 at 11:26pm
Steve, If you have a pair of those horns, want to sell them? Or better yet trade them for an appropriate electric horn that would have been an option for your '64?
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2009 at 11:10pm
These are the air horns on my 68 cuda, right after I bought the boat. Im guessing they are the originals..

Not the best pics,but boat is in storage...

They will definately stay on this boat and the 66 cuda, but somehow, I cant come to mounting a set on the 64.

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2009 at 10:50pm
Sam B. are you talking about the foam sticker with the red white and blue Ski Nautique on it?
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2009 at 10:21pm
Wee Misewer
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2009 at 10:03pm
CC, being from France, does that make them more horny?
"the things you own will start to own you"
Sam B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2009 at 9:53pm
Skierox, I sent you an email about the red white and blue stickers. I would like to buy one!!!!!!
Loud pipes save lives!!

2011 Green Lake Reunion Best of Show.

Sam's 73
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2009 at 9:44pm
Mine are from France

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2009 at 3:56pm
Eric bought his 1986 SN with horns and deck rails, he took them off though. Anyone looking for horns might try asking him.
Pauly-Banana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly-Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2009 at 3:44pm
Thought that you guys would enjoy seeing this picture from the 1983 brochure! This was a 1982 with the same horns on the front! I also noticed that the boat of the month has chrome horns on the front! Hopefully he will add those to this post!

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2009 at 3:20am
Yes he is......very strong and muscular. Would not wanna tangle with him even at his age. Still has his practice going but I think he is gonna retire soon. Very cool guy to know.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2009 at 3:01am

dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2009 at 2:01am
Is Doc still a muscle man. I remember seeing him when I was a kid. He was a big motor scooter!!
83Ski
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2009 at 12:33am
Originally posted by skierox skierox wrote:

He missed third place at a nationals tournament by 20 points to Dr.J.D.Morgan!

Very interesting thread. No horns on any of my boats but......

Imagine my surprise when upon going to our new Church in Lake Wales Florida I was talking to a member or two when they asked me what I was interested in...said "water skiing" of course and they said that Doc Morgan was a member. Wow. Had been reading about him and seeing his picture in Water Ski for years. Got to meet him. Cool guy. Almost 70 (yikes) now. Never got to ski with him...he has had a hip replacement but he did cut off a bit of skin cancer on my face. Is always after me every Sunday about staying "covered up" while on the boat.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2009 at 11:31pm
I'd like to find some chromies for my '82.
My Blue 82SOLD!
skierbrant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2009 at 4:21pm
Excellent! Thanks Ox!
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2009 at 1:13pm
Brant, I agree totally! By the way, I have three of those stickers in my collection of cool Correct Craft stuff! I will send you one!
skierbrant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2009 at 2:10am
Originally posted by dwcar dwcar wrote:

Here are Bills (82) and Jacobs (73)from our river gathering this year.

Heres one boat that I always have liked and wanted. The Red, White, and Blue Ski Nautique! I used to have some puffy stickers that had that boat on them. I thought I still had some but must have used them all when I was a kid. Sharp boat!
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2009 at 1:50am
Billy

You say "If you look at my qualifications, newbie still sounds good.I have kids older than a lot of the members here. I have 2 CorrectCrafts,one is older than our our eldest member and the newest is 45 years old.
Yea I like newbie............". Wrong, I was 11 when your 1949 Dart was built.
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2009 at 10:50pm
Funny that this post came up, I just got ahold of these yesterday, pretty close to my originals but the mounting base is a little bigger. Even the chrome matches the rest of mine.

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2009 at 5:14pm
Davidg
Yes, we use to ski the course! Only possible time was early in the morning because of boat traffic! I believe that was Steve's ski school who is friends with Jerry or may be Roger Wahls and Jim Peterson's (both heavy MasterCraft people). Over the years, Jerry owned 9 Ski Nautiques over many years! When I went to his ski school he had a 1977 red and a 1977 blue and a basement full of trophies. My impression was that this guy had it all!!! He missed third place at a nationals tournament by 20 points to Dr.J.D.Morgan! It made my day when he called me about his 1984 boat, but was shocked about no skiers had yet skied behind it.
I have been up at Medicine Lake with the Zman. I believe that area is called the North... something which is in between weeds or lilly pads on both sides, but goes a long distance. People on the lake seem to cooperate very well in using that calm area of the lake. My last trick tournament was in Crystal Minnesota in 1990. I was able to take home a third place medal. Afterwards I started learning how to show ski from my good friend Skierbrant! Good skiers need dependable boats with dependable speeds! The throttle on this 1984 is very smooth, as good as Pauly-Banana's 1983 for holding slower speeds. Good Speed control for guys like Jerry and Pauly-Banana make all the difference in the world when pulling skiers that are trying to accomplish something out on the water.

Thanks for the questions and keep the Horn pictures going!      
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2009 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by skierox skierox wrote:

The boat was already on order and deposit already sent to mwcc! He kept the boat, used it for sight seeing on Prior Lake, MN all these years.

Scott...first of all, GREAT looking '84. I love the clean look of '84's, and that color combo is really cool.

We used to live in Plymouth, MN back in the '86-'87 timeframe. Skied alot on Medicine Lake which had a great little bay for skiing. I found a guy running a ski school down on Prior Lake who had a submergible slalom course. Sweet system!! All you had to do was flick a switch and a slalom course emerged. Flick it again, and it disappeared. Took all of about a minute round trip.

He had an '83 or '84 Ski Nautique that looked just about like yours. That was my first experience skiing behind a Ski Nautique. Fond memories! Did you ever see that course or ski with the gentleman that owned it?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic