NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Mid-west member

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Mid-west member
    Posted: November-18-2008 at 5:55pm
I figured I should go ahead and sign up since I've been a stalker for several months. Back in July we purchased our first boat, a 1985 SN 2001 with the 454. My wife and I have always wanted an inboard, and pretty much as soon as we got out of college and could afford it, here we are.

I've already seen the huge amount of knowledge on this site, and appreciate all the help I'm sure you'll all provide...and I'm sure all the $$$ you'll talk me into spending. We live in Columbus, IN, so howdy to all the Hoosiers. Looking forward to wasting many more hours at work reading posts.

-Craig
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2008 at 6:07pm
   Welcome Craig.

Lots of useful stuff here.Obviously you know what it's about if you've been a lurker for a while.You'll have to be sure to get that boat to a reunion next year.Lots of guys out there in the midwest to hook up with....just watch out for Quinner It's nice to see one more Chevy powered boat on this site of blue oval junkies.

Mike

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2008 at 6:24pm
Welcome, you should post a few pictures of your boat and wife.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2008 at 6:32pm
Welcome Craig! Looking forward to seeing those pics!

Now, who knows who the real seabass is?

"Kick his azz Seabass"
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2008 at 6:39pm
Welcome to the site Craig.
I figure any additional Midwesterners only improve any group.
Glad to see that "IN" after Columbus.
GO BLUE!!!!!!
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2008 at 6:41pm
Welcome Craig,
Yes, you can't join without pics..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2008 at 6:44pm
Speaking of, I never saw sanity's pics but from the responses it sounds like I really missed out. Sure sounded pleasant on the phone!
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2008 at 6:44pm
Welcome aboard fellow Hooiser boater!
Congrats on you purchase. We'd really like to see some pictures. Did you enjoy your boat this summer?

Love them 454s. there's no replacement for displacement!
đź‘Ł Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2008 at 6:49pm
Craig- stalker or lurker? Either way, welcome!

Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Now, who knows who the real seabass is?

"Kick his azz Seabass"

Had to look that one up, CQ- I knew that was from D&D, but didnt realize Mr. Neely made a cameo.
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2008 at 7:31pm
Probably more stalker...I knew I'd eventually join up, don't know what took me so long.

And don't worry, give me a few days and I'll get some pics....of the boat.

Tullfooter:...don't know if you'll think I'm much better (read: Purdue grad)...go Boilers!

86BFN...did I enjoy my boat this summer? Hmm...do bears sh#% in the woods. Hell yeah!
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2008 at 8:08pm
C-Bass

For some reason, Michigan vs Purdue doesn't conjure up the same emotion as Michigan vs Ohio State, even though a loss is a loss.

Steve

454's Rule!
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Bryan89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2008 at 9:34pm
Where do you boat? I am just north of you outside of Franklin In. I skied at sawmill lake down your way this fall your area is really nice. I have heard that Columbus is thinking of building a city owned ski lake. Do you know anything about it? Lets see the boat!
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2008 at 9:46pm
Welcome Craig!

I always like attending the Ohio State vs. Indiana game in Bloomington. It's Ohio State's away "home" game. The O   H   I   O cheer is almost as loud there as at the shoe. The IU fans are always gracious we have a great time!

Gary
Sam B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2008 at 12:38am
Welcome Craig!

Hope to see you this summer the indiana guys are going to try and have a get together this summer. Not sure what lake yet. Any input?

Sam
Loud pipes save lives!!

2011 Green Lake Reunion Best of Show.

Sam's 73
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2008 at 2:47am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Welcome, you should post a few pictures of your boat and wife.

Seen lots of boats on here...how about a few of the wife.

Funny how we all got these cool old boats and smokin' hot looking wives...must go together.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2008 at 7:58am
Hopefully Craig has stalked the site long enough to get a good idea that everyone asking for his wife's pictures aren't perverts!! 13 replies and 4 requesting pictures to check out his wife!!!

Craig,
Welcome to the site. Don't forget the pictures.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2008 at 10:25am
Welcome, we need more members in the area!

Originally posted by Sam B Sam B wrote:

Welcome Craig!

Hope to see you this summer the indiana guys are going to try and have a get together this summer. Not sure what lake yet. Any input?

Sam

I am surprised that A reunion has not been held on the northern In. lakes by Midwest CC. Though given the population around here in the summer, skiing is kind of rough most weekends.
Take your work seriously, not yourself.
Boat Pics
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2008 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Sam B Sam B wrote:

Welcome Craig!

Sam

Sam..this will be my first year boating down here around S. Indiana, so I don't we're up for any suggestions. Someone mentioned Sawmill...I know where that is, extremely nice private ski-lake. This summer we kept the boat up at Rochester, IN at a relative's who lives on Manitou. We didn't even have a vehicle to pull the boat with yet. But you know...get the boat first, figure out the rest later. We recently purchased a tow vehicle and will be able to go to other lakes this next year. Looking forward to it.

Pics of the boat coming tomorrow. If someone wants to start a new "Pics of the wife" thread...I'll throw a few up.
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2008 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Bryan89 Bryan89 wrote:

Where do you boat? I am just north of you outside of Franklin In. I skied at sawmill lake down your way this fall your area is really nice. I have heard that Columbus is thinking of building a city owned ski lake. Do you know anything about it? Lets see the boat!

Yeah I've heard about that as well...that would be too sweet if it were ever to pan out.

Where do you usually ski at...Indiana lakes are usually toilet bowls on weekends.
Bryan89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2008 at 2:19pm
I ski at Cordry/sweetwater lake quite a bit. We had a family cabin there until October but sold it (my parents retired and want to live on the lake full time so I should have access sometime soon). My wife and I skied on the Ohio River out of Madison this September. It was great, flat water for miles and miles. That would not be to long of a trip from Columbus. We put in for free in downtown Madison. I ski in and around Shelbyville at various club tournaments and when I am invited. Not brave enough to take the '89 SN to Monroe yet.
sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2008 at 6:30pm

If someone wants to start a new "Pics of the wife" thread...I'll throw a few up.[/QUOTE]

And once again...I am left out of the category

LOL...you guys never fail to make me smile when I read through a few of your posts.

Welcome to the site!!!!

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2008 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Speaking of, I never saw sanity's pics but from the responses it sounds like I really missed out. Sure sounded pleasant on the phone!

HW,they always do sound cute over the phone and then when your dream of meeting them finally comes true, things don't always turn out the way you had envisioned.

However, in this case, being one of the lucky few to have caught a glimpes of sanity's photo in the few brief exciting moments that is was up, (the photo, that is) I can tell you the voice probably matches its owner.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2008 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

However, in this case, being one of the lucky few to have caught a glimpes of sanity's photo in the few brief exciting moments that is was up, (the photo, that is) I can tell you the voice probably matches its owner.

Shucks, I missed that one.   
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2008 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by C-Bass C-Bass wrote:

We recently purchased a tow vehicle and will be able to go to other lakes this next year. Looking forward to it.

Some pics of the tow vechile would be ok too.
does it have a 454 in it also?
đź‘Ł Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2008 at 8:19pm
These are the pictures right after we bought it. It was pretty dirty all over when we purchased it, inside and out.

1985 SN 2001, shown here on Manitou Lake in Rochester, IN. Everything is stock, and I intend to keep it just that way.

C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2008 at 8:22pm
Oh and yes....I removed all those registration stickers. Previous owner had them stuck over each other, never pulling the original off. The earliest one I saw was 1991.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2008 at 9:12pm
Sweet boat. I like the interior color stripes.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2008 at 11:53pm
Very Nice Craig! Like the colors also.
I was looking at a Barefoot with those colors, but it was to far away and to much$.

I have a friend on Snow Lake that has a SN w/454, but I don't think their that common.
đź‘Ł Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Sam B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2008 at 12:17am
Craig,

Awsome boat!!!
Loud pipes save lives!!

2011 Green Lake Reunion Best of Show.

Sam's 73
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2008 at 1:09pm
Welcome C-bass. Im up in new castle and we ski in northen indiana. Beautiful boat too mine is a grey on grey 86 but it wish it was a big block:(.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic