NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rolling fwd an hour meter

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
aokcaldwell View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aokcaldwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rolling fwd an hour meter
    Posted: August-16-2008 at 3:06am
My hour meter took a dump. Any way to roll the hours fwd.? I want the correct hours on the new meter.

Thanks,

Adam.
aok142
1999 NSS
GT40 Pro Boss
OM45GE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OM45GE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2008 at 9:14am
Nice to see an honest person! There's home for the world yet!

What year is your boat you want to do this one? I think the meters are driven differently on the computer controlled motors.
1989 SN 2001
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aokcaldwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2008 at 11:48am
I have a 95' Ski Nautique. I had to purchase a Faria hour meter as they do not make the original one.

Adam.
aok142
1999 NSS
GT40 Pro Boss
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2008 at 1:34pm
I always thought your suppose to roll them back lol,
hour meters are great for maintanance purposes, as for purchasing a boat i hav'nt believed one yet
"the things you own will start to own you"
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2008 at 1:56pm
Kind of related threadjack.   I'm seeing a lot of boats for sale from the early 2000s advertising unbelievably low hours. Beware. About half the boats I've looked at have had the hour meters replaced. The electronic guages in the early 2000s are known to fail and it appears that many of the sellers are less than honest. BKH
Livin' the Dream

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2008 at 3:54pm
adam just hook the meter up to the battery and come back after the desired number of hours have been added then install, might take a month but it will work...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aokcaldwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2008 at 9:11pm

I appreciate the help. I put my boat up for sale to upgrade (Air Nautique possibly) and when I told the buyer about the meter he got spooked! I had the original meter, the previous owner's number and the mechanic who serviced it. I told him the boat speaks for itself. Good luck in your search for a new boat.

Thanks,

AC.
aok142
1999 NSS
GT40 Pro Boss
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2008 at 1:37am
I'm not sure ,but I think you can hook up the computer on the motor and it will hold the correct time on the engine.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2008 at 2:03am
Joe, is right, just turn the key on, the motor does not have to be running!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aokcaldwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2008 at 1:17pm
Not sure if any Nautiques with GT-40's had ECM's modules until about 01' and I know that the key has to be on and the ignition button in to roll the meter. I've already tried.

Anyone?

Adam.
aok142
1999 NSS
GT40 Pro Boss
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2008 at 7:23pm
Your correct Adam. On the newer boats, the hours meter doesn't simply run because the key is turned. I've read a lot of posts with the same question and I've never seen anyone identify how to advance the hour reading on the electronic guage used in the 01s. Also, the from the chevy's you can look up the actual hours on the engine's computer. Not so on the Fords. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2008 at 12:47am
Can you disassemble and manually adjust the numbers.? Obviously this will only work for anologue.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aokcaldwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2008 at 8:06pm
Hey, I forgot to reply to the post! The meter has successfully been rolled fwd to the proper hours. Prior to installing the new meter I hooked a 2amp trickle charger to the posts and let the meter fly. Took over a week for 365hrs. Just make sure the polarity is right. The OEM meters have a +/- on the back.

aok142
1999 NSS
GT40 Pro Boss
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic