NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Adding states to location?

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding states to location?
    Posted: April-15-2008 at 11:17am
Is there any way to add the state to the location part of the profile? Would there be an objection? I often see guys asking where others are from (except for Kristof).
Just a thought.

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 2:52pm
Steve,

You must have been reading my mind. I had he same question in my head for some time now... Guess you beat me to posting it

It would be nice to even see from wich city you guys are... as I like geography, I can have a look on Google Earth...

Always nice to know where my friends here come from

Kristof
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 3:05pm
You can list your location on your signature line
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
93SNautique View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93SNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 6:26pm
Steve,
I think it is a great idea to add it to the profile.

It would also be good to be able to search by location. That way you would be able to find other members who boat in the same places you do.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 6:33pm
Right now I am sober.
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Right now I am sober.

Boy, that is an unusual state for you isn't it Hollywood?
Greg

86 BFN
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 8:06pm
Its easy to put it in your signature. If you want people to know where you boat .
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93SNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by p/allen p/allen wrote:

Its easy to put it in your signature. If you want people to know where you boat .

My thinking is that only a small percentage of CCF members post on a regular basis. I live in Missouri. I wonder how many other CCF's there are in Missouri. If people put their locations in their signature, i still wouldnt know. If it was part of the profile, and could be searched, then I may be able to do things like find some more ski partners!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 8:35pm
You can search by state in the diaries.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93SNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

You can search by state in the diaries.

I have searched the diaries. But there are about 4 times as many members as there are diary listings, so its a very limited list. In fact, a lot of the diary listings are old "sold" listings. I know of a few active posters who dont have a diary listing.

But no matter. I give up. No one seems to want to do it anyway.

79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 10:10pm
I support adding at least the state we are from to the profiles. You can always choose not to enter your state if you do not want folks to know.

I think Keith will need to make the change, as now there is not a way that I can see to input the state or city/town.
Work to live, not live to work.

Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 2:21am
I think this is a great idea. I think the info would be useful on certain posts where weather or seasonal use is in question to the reader.

But, I think everyone already knows what state I'm from...
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 2:27am
Originally posted by 93SNautique 93SNautique wrote:

I give up. No one seems to want to do it anyway.

Don't give up man. Send a note to Keith@Correctcraftfan.com. I'm sure no one is against the idea. It's just a matter of how difficult will it be to add this feature. BKH
Livin' the Dream

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 1:30pm
City and State would be a great addition to the location options. As mentioned if someone did not want to divulge, they don't have to. The signature line works however when you register "location" is there, seems a natural place to add that function if it is possible. What do you think Keith and Brad?
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

What do you think Keith and Brad?

I think it's a very good suggestion.

Technically, not sure how difficult it is to implement. The forum software is canned software that comes with certain basic features/ options. The locations you see in the dropdown were likely ones that came with the package.
Thinking outloud here, a simple table update would change the available choices in the current dropdown. But, adding City and State to the existing profile would most likely involve custom coding.

I'll check with Keith on this.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
-Brad
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 2:44pm
Brad

I think a good start would be states, which would at least have a limit of 49 on a drop down. Ohio doesn't count.

Go Blue
Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 3:21pm
Steve,
Great suggestion. It's done. I've also added the ability to add the thumbnail from your Diaries listing as your Avatar.

Click on the Profile image above to edit your profile. Once there, you'll now see a 'City,State' field as well as a 'Diaries' field. Enter your city,state and then your Diaries ID to add your Avatar.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 3:24pm
Niice!! well done as always keith.

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 3:34pm
Awesome.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93SNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 3:47pm
that is incredible.
thanks for the modification Keith!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 4:10pm
Very cool addition Keith. You knocked that out in about 10 minutes. I've hoped we could have some kind of location info for a while.

Tim, when your avatar first appeared it was a nice 70s nautique. I was trying to weigh the liklihood of you hitting the wrong number versus your going out and getting a new boat in the past couple days. The odds were pretty even
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 4:36pm
Excellent as always Mr. CCF.com!
79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 5:05pm
Maybe I need some help. I updated my profile with my City, State and added my 4 digit profile ID but the only thing that shows up on my posts is the updated signature. I'm probably missing something simple but what's up?

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 5:15pm
No, it seems to be working fine Gabe. Sometimes you'll need to do a hard refresh (hold [Shift] key and push [F5] key) inorder to see changes to a previously visited page.

-Keith

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 5:16pm
Looks fine to me!
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 5:21pm
BTW - If you visit your Diaries listing and then click on 'Modify this Post' link, you will now see in bold, "Your Diaries ID is ... ". This should help people easily identify their Diaries ID number.

Thanks,
-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 5:28pm
if your ID is only three numbers then you need to add a 0 to the begining of it.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 5:33pm
Chris,
You shouldn't have to. If your Diaries ID is just three digits that is all you should have to enter. The same is true for a one or two digit Diaries ID.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 5:35pm
OK it's all working now. For some reason I had to log off and come back on for it to show up for me.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 5:37pm
Keith
Well done!
I know it will help the "Where are you located" questions when guys looking for parts. Hopefully it will also get guys together who are in close proximity.
Great added bonus of the pics from the diaries. Now I've got to get better pics of my boat.

Thanks,
Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic