NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Craigs List finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789 442>
Author
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2008 at 3:53am
Pretty funny, and a pretty good deal as well:

'83 2001 in New Hampshire
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2008 at 9:19am
Trip, it sounds like the boat is a far better deal...didnt request her pics though
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2008 at 2:06pm
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2008 at 7:29pm
$1200 - It's worth more than that parted out!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2008 at 12:08am
There is 66 CC Tahoe for sale, located in lake Tahoe. Kinda pricey at 10K, but a pretty rare boat. BKH

66 Tahoe
Livin' the Dream

k.o. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k.o. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2008 at 2:56am
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

There is 66 CC Tahoe for sale, located in lake Tahoe. Kinda pricey at 10K, but a pretty rare boat. BKH

66 Tahoe

i never knew that a mustang ferrari engine existed
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2008 at 3:17am
Originally posted by k.o. k.o. wrote:

66 Tahoe

i never knew that a mustang ferrari engine existed

Kind of confused me as well. With some of the wealth in Lake Tahoe, for all I know he had the motor rebuilt at the Ferrari dealer. Who knows. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2008 at 12:14pm

With some of the wealth in Lake Tahoe, for all I know he had the motor rebuilt at the Ferrari dealer. Who knows. BKH

Too bad he couldn't afford a camara to show some pic's
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2008 at 6:42pm
1957 CC Atom on CL

1957 Atom

I don't know if this boat is known or not.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2008 at 9:58pm
Peach colored Mustang in OR.

Peach Mustang
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 11:57am
That is cool, don't believe I've seen that color before.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 1:40pm
HW, that boat would match your white shoes and pink polo nicely. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 3:23pm
That's a funky peach color.. I think that's pretty cool also..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 4:30pm
In the first photo, the motor cover looks like it has a molded in contour for the H/M snail risers. I've never noticed this before. Is that typical for boats with the H/M motors?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

In the first photo, the motor cover looks like it has a molded in contour for the H/M snail risers. I've never noticed this before. Is that typical for boats with the H/M motors?

Yes it is typical for that vintage with the HM's from what I have seen and asked about.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Yes it is typical for that vintage with the HM's from what I have seen and asked about.

While the box was likely changed to accept the H-M manifolds, it was installed over all engines once the switch was made (68ish?). Reid's '69 has the humps in the box, and that had an Interceptor.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

While the box was likely changed to accept the H-M manifolds, it was installed over all engines once the switch was made (68ish?). Reid's '69 has the humps in the box, and that had an Interceptor.

Heres what I think is an overpriced project 68 Mustang in the Chicago area with that cover.

I talked to the dealer a week or so ago and asked condition of stringers, he didnt know..from what I understand its been setting out for at least 5 years.. .I offered 500...he wasnt amused , he didnt even counter my offer.. oh well, I really dont need another. Unfortanately, its probably worth more as parts?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 5:37pm
While we're at it... here's a "better-deal" project for one of you "easterners".. this 66 'cuda SS would probaby be in my barn if it wasnt so far away. The boat's been for sale around a year that I know of. I think it used to be advertised for $3600...the $1999 is looking a little more realistic. Joe or Tim, your both a little low on projects, are'nt you?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 6:06pm
We've all seen Reid's camper give birth to a Mustang, but a house boat crapping out a Ski Nautique?

Ski Nautique powered houseboat!
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

While we're at it... here's a "better-deal" project for one of you "easterners".. this 66 'cuda SS would probaby be in my barn if it wasnt so far away. The boat's been for sale around a year that I know of. I think it used to be advertised for $3600...the $1999 is looking a little more realistic. Joe or Tim, your both a little low on projects, are'nt you?
]

I called about this one and if the trailer had been ok to pull it to NC, it would have been in my garage. Guy at the marina, selling it for the owner said the trailer has a bent axle and it would need to be trailered to NC. I checked, and the trailer and all was going to add another $500 to the cost.

The Marina guy, forget his name, is very helpfull and even called me back to check on my interest. I hoped that he would drop the price another $250-$500 but he did not.

He said that if it does not sell, he will buy it from the owner and put it through his shop to restore and then sell it.

I am not totally off the fence with this one because it is the Cuda SS that I would like to have. Just cannot make a decision..

He did say the the boat could go in the water today. Just needs buffing and clean-up.

Someone talk me in to this deal   
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 8:07pm
Critter, give me a call and will discuss another option.
I have a buddy that will build you a new axle w/ hubs and ship to you or to the adress where the boat resides.A whole lot cheaper than a new trailer or rental to haul it back.............Boat dr......1-318-386-2825
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 8:31pm
I could also help you with this for some gas money I could probably be convinced to drop down there and pick it up and hold it for you until the new england reunion so you could kill two birds with one stone picking it up and attending a great event. Could also probably get a trailer axle made and you up and running by the time it needed to go back with you. Steve that offer goes to you as well if you want to get serious...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 8:33pm
OK Roger... Here goes..

First off , do you know how rare this is? I've never confirmed this , but Moj was checking on another SS last winter, and was told by the factory, that seven had that option in 66!?!

I paid in that area(and happily I might add) for "spot" the wonder boat(my 66 cuda SS), with the motor out of the hull and needing a complete re-gell. It does have a factory trailer, but it too, has a bent axle.

I know this needs some TLC, but the SS' are pretty hard to find, especially complete and running! I havent seen good interior pics of this 66, but thats no big deal..the frames are all plywood.

Soo, To re-cap, here we have a 1966 Barracuda SS in running condition , complete with the console, for less than two Gs....Geeeze, what are you waiting for!?

btw, did you ask about foam and how the stringers are?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 8:37pm
Did I mention that I have access to a car hauler I could borrow to get it the three hours from jamestown to here, just a thought since I would love to see it go to a fan and it would probably save me 10k if one of you buys it instead of me.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 8:53pm
Oh BTW, it sure looks like buffing and clean-up would make a BIG diifernce in it.

Here's a pic of my 68 cuda as I bought it in May..

heres a pic of it at GL... Its hard to see, but notice the trailer reflection in the front of the hull. I havent wet sanded it yet...all I did was spend 3 or 4 hrs compounding it...still needs some work, but a lot better than when I got her..

Thanks for the offer Joe, but two new projects in 6 months is my limit!

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Thanks for the offer Joe, but two new projects in 6 months is my limit!

Joe, In other words, Pam said no!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 9:42pm
Pete,
I DO WHAT I WANT - WHEN I WANT!!!!

as long as she doesnt care..
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2008 at 12:09am
Thanks for all the positive responses.

And I really appreciate Joes offer to pick it up... This site is just full of great folks.

I talked to Boat Dr earlier.. he called me rather than wait for me to call him.
He suggested that I have an axle shipped to the boat or take it with me in my truck.
I had not even thought of this....
Not suprised though, as I told Dr, I did not see his post because I am replacing the Springs and converting to electric brakes on my SeaRay Trailer as we were speaking... not having a lot of fun outside in this 90 degree heat.

I then called Reid and talked to him again. He and I talked about this boat earlier but still did not make a decision.

Anyway, I have decided to call them tomorrow and see if it is still available. And if so, go get it this weekend. I will go up on Saturday with an axle in the bed of the truck. Along with all the tools I might need to swap it out.
I plan on calling them in the morning to get the Sring measurements and the actual axle measurements.

Again, thanks for all the positive direction.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2008 at 2:28am
Originally posted by critter critter wrote:

Anyway, I have decided to call them tomorrow and see if it is still available. And if so, go get it this weekend. I will go up on Saturday with an axle in the bed of the truck. Along with all the tools I might need to swap it out.
I plan on calling them in the morning to get the Sring measurements and the actual axle measurements.

Again, thanks for all the positive direction.

critter, I cant see how you could go too far wrong with the deal.. (I'll try to break the news gently to my wife that her next project is going to someone elses home )

btw , did they say how bad the axle is bent?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2008 at 3:23am
While talking projects...heres a 65 'cuda ss on ebay...

so many boats...so little time...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789 442>
  Share Topic