NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NEWS FLASH, PINK’S AT LAKE GEORGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 5678>
Author
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2008 at 3:11am
Mr. ReidP, I will meet you on the lake at HIGH NOON on 8/13/08.

Just a little note:
The boat hull number is 13
I joined this site on the 13th
And I will be on the lake on the 13th.

SPOOKY
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2008 at 2:44am
Sounds like Jerry is gonna be busy. Don't make him go to all that trouble...just bring up the Red & White boat and have your way with them bowtie guys.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2008 at 2:43am
And the top speed is?
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2008 at 2:36am
Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

Now, lets see if he takes the BAIT!!

Hook, line, and sinker. Isn't it nice to have another trouble maker like Mr Hendricks on this site? And especially one with connections!!

Meanwhile, the little (original Orange Crush) Mustang in my tag below will have a 429 Boss in 2 weeks if that's what it takes to beat Dave. What am I saying?; I'll bet 235 Holman Moody Ford horsepower can take the 409 Bowtie just as it is. Now see who the real bait biter is......
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2008 at 2:30am
It must be 79Nautique signature line week...I better get one. Should not be to difficult.

I always liked those graphics Tim altho I am not sure to many others did. BTW...nice looking rig.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2008 at 1:35am
Now, lets see if he takes the BAIT!!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2008 at 1:28am
To answer about the Lighting Boat, just 1 was made for Ford. For a photo shoot with the matching truck. I am not sure were the boat is now.

To answer about the ski pylon, Hollywood it's Black Anodized.

And to answer reidp, I never said I was in the race. UNTIL NOW

Don't forget the 14 reason's down south.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2008 at 7:45pm
How in the world did I miss this thread until now!!??

Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Reid, what boat are you bringing up? Does this change your plans?

Well, just like GL this year, I wasn't planning to bring anything fast,......until now. But I know when I've been called a chump.   
OH, IT'S ON!!

Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

How many lightning boats were made?

Can't say how many were made to date, but we're about to make another starting tomorrow, just to smack down Dave. But do you think it might take away from the whole LG event if Orange Crush 409 isn't the top dog? Well I don't care. I'm bringing a GT-80!!
ReidP
1973 Mustang

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2008 at 4:27pm
Gotta love those BMW's, had a 5 series some years ago.

Now if we can get JBear to drive it would be a "Jim Beamer" in a Beamer!
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2008 at 3:50pm
Quinner, about the one in the diaries: doesn't a Nautique look even better when towed by a Beamer?

HW, that combination rocks!!
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2008 at 2:58pm
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2008 at 2:48pm
Alrighty there Timmy,

I do seem to remember CC or someone raffling off/giving away a Lighting Boat / Truck combo?
There are some of these out there somewhere, would be cool to see one.

Also a few years back at the Chicago Boat show they had one of those PCM Supercharged motors on a stand. Awesome looking.

Injection is nice.. But I'd rather be Blown!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2008 at 2:28pm
How many lightning boats were made?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2008 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

There is one in the diary's

393 Stroker

Nope, different boat. That 393 boat originally had a GT40 that took a dump. Same red/white graphics though.

No Lightning boats ever made production as far as Im aware. I inquired about it with PCM back in '00-01 when I first heard about it- they told me that it never made it out of development. IIRC, it was a 5.4L modular Ford engine with a supercharger. Pete, I never saw a review of one since they were just prototypes- but I bet they screamed. I think the reason they never took off was due to the lack of marine parts for the SOHC Fords. Greg's right- they were used for ski flying. Ive never seen one in person, but sure would love to.

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2008 at 12:57pm

Does anyone remember the SN boat built in 2001 with the FORD LIGHTING MOTOR, SUPER-CHARGED.

It was Red & White as well, fast colors.

That boat was at Sea World in Orlando in November of 2000. I saw it screaming across the pond. It was way louder than any of the other boats there. They were not using it in the shows, but said it was a hot prototype CC was working on.

Godfather, what about the test ride?

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2008 at 12:54pm
There is one in the diary's

393 Stroker

skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2008 at 11:29am
The one you used at the Masters for the ski flying? --- I remember that boat!

Have some pics of it in the photo album just in case I forget what the red flash looked like. So far I haven't had to go back to the album.

Pete- You are getting too technical here. That thing was awsome on the trailer & water!
Greg

86 BFN
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2008 at 11:15am
I will ask the pit crew and get back to you later.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2008 at 8:10am

Does anyone remember the SN boat built in 2001 with the FORD LIGHTING MOTOR, SUPER-CHARGED.

Dave, I do remember seeing a review on the boat and remember it wasn't the greatest. The torque curve with the blower just didn't match what's needed in a ski boat. What were the peformance details?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2008 at 3:34am

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2008 at 3:10am
Right you both are Bruce & Pete.

Gotta agree as to Reids boat too...and Raindogs. Those boats were meant to be Red and White!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2008 at 5:19pm
John I know you're kidding, and old guys does=old boat. That Classic of Reids got to be one of the nicest CC in existance.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2008 at 8:11am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

must be old guys=old boat.
john

John, I think you may have a point here!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2008 at 12:48am
Bruce: At least you're the kinda Dad that has them boating and skiing. For that you'll never be sorry.

BTW: Hope you know I was just kidding.

My favorite is the Mustang too....must be old guys=old boat.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2008 at 7:46pm
I'm pretty sure I could build/buy a faster boat (sure won't look pretty) than the Orange Crush, win the title then turn around and sell it and still end up ahead. Someone want to lend me $20k?
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2008 at 5:55pm
Reid's classic is a '62, 46 years old.
Tim D
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2008 at 5:12pm
"Double up"... is that anything like "running a train" up here? or are we talking about the wakeboarding 'double up' ? haha

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2008 at 1:02pm
He's in Reid's crew so you can assume he's probably getting in position to hit the double up.
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2008 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

I hope for the sake of that guy lying on the motor box that you guys didn't run across any rollers/chop during that drive... ehhhh

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2008 at 12:30pm

BUT CAPTAIN, I'M GIVING HER ALL SHE GOT!!!!

Let me tell you a little story, the orange Crush was tested with 2 people in the boat.

And we used GPS hand held and don't forget the ZERO OFF in this boat.

And then it was tested with the driver (only weighing 168lbs).

I was on the dock watching this beast, I am saving the first ride with Keith at LAKE GEORGE. And we will be back when we run out of gas!!!

Is somebody gunna be there with a GT-40 to line up with this bad boy?
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 5678>
  Share Topic