NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Competition Skiers

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2007 at 7:03pm
Backfoot,

What team did you ski with? My son skied with the Aquanut's for many years, the State Tourney in Wisconsin Rapids was always my favorite event of the year, always some really great teams and ton's of fun. The Aquanuts ran 3 225's on one of thier Dyne's for many years, they have cut em back to 175's or 200's the last couple seasons.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2007 at 9:32pm
Backfoot; Ok so you are right next to us. When do we meet up for a cold one?

Where do you ski here? We usually put in at the ramp next to Harborside but those lakes are kinda busy.

You are most correct about the show rush, nothing like it. I wasn't ever really any good at other sports, skiing was it.

We've been here 3 years in June. Got here just in time for all the Hurricanes in '04.

Bet I'll be seein' ya soon! All the young guys on this site are gonna be jealous; I'm gonna meet your daughter before any of them! Eat your hearts out you PLBC guys.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 8:48am
Quinner, I skiied with Badgerland. It was awesome. Still have a lot of close friends that ski with them. Just about the time I left, the team really downsized. A lot of the old guys left and they struggled for few years. They're coming back though and should be a contender again soon.

Jbear. Definitely have to hoist a few. I would love to see the '80 up close and personal. We live two houses off of Lake Elbert. Don't go on the chain too often because it can get pretty busy but it's nice to cruise or to go see the Gardens show from the water. Harborside is good eatin' though which is nice. I usually go to Elbert, Ned, Ruby, Daisy, Rochelle, Buckeye or anyplace else the water is skiable and no traffic. 407-733-3599 is my cell number. Give me a buzz and we can arrange to hook up someplace.
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 6:57pm
I learned to ski behind a 79 SN, it was cool. I was 5 when I learned. I was little so I liked tubing the best. Then when I was 13 I learned to trick behind a master crap. Then at 16 I learned to slalom and kneeboard behind a 88 SN 2001. Now my goal is to learn to foot this year if my dad can find time to show me. He hates going because he wants to ski but his shoulder wont let him. So I am hrd pressed to get him to the lake. He can really drive a boat though. He hates to drive mine though because he thinks he taking fun away from me that I should be having in the driver seat. Anyway my dad was also friends with a guy named Dude well that was his nickname I will check on the spelling of his real name before I put it on here. At any rate Dude was inducted into the barefooters hall fame just before he past away.
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 6:58pm
he ran the ski team at Ford Lake out Michigan for many years.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic