NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CT mini reunion: Aug 24-26, 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 7>
Author
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2012 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

My two girls:

WAIT WAIT WAIT! I thought you and Hollywood were an item? I know thats not hollywood in that picture. They look very similar but hollywoods hair is just a tad shorter than that, everything else looks pretty similar
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2012 at 1:00pm
Yeah, NO! Hollywood isn't quite my type. Life is very good these day my friend! Going looking at some new trucks this weekend. We shall see.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2012 at 1:00pm
That's an awesome boat Ken!!

I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2012 at 1:04pm
Thanks, Brian. Very happy with the boat. Allie is absolutely thrilled with it and already got behind the wheel.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2012 at 7:48pm
Ken
Nice ride. I noticed the carpet sag in the photos; my '95 signature did the same thing. I peeled it back and got Loctite spray adhesive sprayed both carpet back and side wall. Let it tack then carefully (it’s like using contact cement) reattach the carpet. Hasn’t sagged since.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2012 at 2:41pm
Timmy, where you at on the head count??
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2012 at 2:59pm
Beats me! Maybe we should get one going. If everyone planning to attend could let me know how many people to expect, and when, that would be great.

I'm planning to pick up a bunch of grillable items and a bunch of beer. Any and all food/beverage contributions would be much appreciated!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2012 at 3:07pm
Who's bringing the plates and napkins???
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2012 at 3:10pm
3 here arriving early Saturday morning probably be at the launch at 7ish. Bringing the my 206 this time. I am going to send my dad and Jess out on the boat to your parents house. Where will I be able to park the trailer? down at the barn where I parked last year?
Tim let us know any specifics on if you need us to bring anything food wise. Anything to help out.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2012 at 3:15pm
PicturePat and Storm34 (+1)

Pretty sure my boat is already in the water   

Originally posted by lfskizzer lfskizzer wrote:

Tim let us know any specifics on if you need us to bring anything food wise. Anything to help out.

Us as well...leave a grocery list or to-do list for us Thursday morning.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2012 at 3:20pm
Buick at the airport
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2012 at 3:49pm
Definitely me, may have Maddie, my cousin, dad and a neighbor or two as well, will let you know as we get closer.

Bringing beer, there is a meal in every can!!
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2012 at 4:07pm
I will bring along some hot dogs, sausage patties, and some salt potatoes. What’s the thought on beer, kegs? If you need help with logistics on that front let me know, if not I am always good for cash. I haven’t decided on whether I am bringing the boat yet.

I am hoping for no later than 5-6pm on Friday arrival. I am guessing me plus 1-3 others depending on who can get a hall pass for the weekend.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2012 at 6:24pm
don't know if Joe's counting mine in his headcount or not, we'll be rolling in with him Friday afternoon, me plus one, possibly two, won't know til I get to the airport probably, will have my boat. Can bring whatever, will surely have beer, just need a lit by tomorrow, cause this odyssey starts for me Friday.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2012 at 11:54pm
Still a solid " maybe" at this point. Heading out to go camping Friday AM so i'll know better by Tuesday of next week. I can take care of myself on the consumable end of things so don't worry about me. Hoping to bring the wife if I make it down, not sure if I can talk her into a tent two weeks in a row though. Won't have time to get back to the lake to get the boat if I make it, so I'll be looking for a ride if I show

Mike

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2012 at 11:56pm
Tim,

I'll be arriving Friday mid-day and am planning to stay at 52 Sandy beach Road and am bringing the Classic and lots of barefoot ropes. Scott is coming as well, arrival time TBD. He bought an X-terra to tow Ken Spurling's '86 2001, so one more mooring!!! I'll be helping out with beverages, food and grocery runs as we find out what is running low. Will be great to see the members, first timers and retunees!!1

Uncle Todd
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2012 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

don't know if Joe's counting mine in his headcount or not, we'll be rolling in with him Friday afternoon, me plus one, possibly two, won't know til I get to the airport probably, will have my boat. Can bring whatever, will surely have beer, just need a lit by tomorrow, cause this odyssey starts for me Friday.

To be clear I am not counting Adam, Kristie, or others in my preliminary headcount... I cannot be held responsible for that crew!

Hell, I would rather not be held responsible for my behavior either.

Basically one week out.. Lets see some people jump off the fences... this will be a really good time, in fact I will guarantee it. If you get there and don't have a good time I will personally refund your entry fee. Besides Ken broke his ankle skiing so we are going to need someone else for the parasailing exhibition this year.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2012 at 6:46pm
Me and my girlfriend will be there. It's not looking good for the mustang to join us but I'm gonna give it a shot. I'm traveling from Saturday to Wednesday so that kills my opportunity to work on the boat. I've really only got tomorrow night.
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2012 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Besides Ken broke his ankle skiing so we are going to need someone else for the parasailing exhibition this year.
dibs

I second not being held responsible for my crew. Or for Quinner spending an inordinant amount of time on or around my boat. Write it down, that's happening, haha.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2012 at 1:13pm
Its looking like we are going to have an excellent turnout! Only a few days away now...

In addition to all the usual stuff you'd bring to the lake, here are a few recommendations on gear:

1. Anchor... we have a lot of dock space and a few moorings, but I think we'll have more boats than normal!

2. Air mattress... We should be able to put a roof over a decent number of heads, so we'll take advantage of any and all floor space. Barring that...

3. Tent. Lots of dry lawn space!

4. Food/Beer. I'm going to pick up a bunch of essentials, but any additional food or drink brought will surely not go to waste. Plenty of grills and refrigerators around to cook and store stuff.

A note about parking... this is always a fun one.    Those of you who have come in the past have seen the driveway at the Benjamin cottage- its a little steep, and can tight at the bottom if there are a bunch of cars there. Those bringing trailers may be best advised to leave them at the top and walk down. Leaving the truck and trailer at the launch and living out of the boat is fine too!

Those who havent been here before... the lake is small (<200 acres), so if you come by water, you cant miss us. Obstructions are few, and generally well marked with buoys. Stay 100' from docks/shore, dont venture *too* far into the narrow coves and you'll be fine. The lake is shallow, with a sandy/muddy bottom. Water temps are currently in the upper 70's. See everyone in a few days!
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2012 at 1:17pm
Hi guys,
Cheney and I will be there! We should be arriving Friday evening.
Can't wait!

Thanks in advance to the entire Benjamin family for hosting what is sure to be another epic event!

-Brad
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2012 at 1:34pm
Tim,

Should I keep food to grillables? A friend of mine owns an Italian Restaurant/Deli and could probably hook me up with some foil trays of pasta/lasagna etc. Heating it up could be a bit of a challenge on a grill, but probably do-able.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2012 at 1:43pm
Aluminum sandwiches all weekend for me I do not plan on operating any craft besides Pauly's stand up jet-ski. With all this food talk I sure hope the septic tanks are ready.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2012 at 1:51pm
Brian, Goshen is a little remote, but we do have working ovens!    Trays of pasta and lasagna would be most excellent!

HW, feel free to use the outhouse (or woods).
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2012 at 2:08pm
Ok, good to hear. Eggplant Parmesan doesn't typically do well on the grill   
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2012 at 12:41am
Tim,

Just PM'd you and Chris Mars on him towing the Tique (with the new scarry fast motor) from Scotia, NY to Tyler. But anyway this looks to be a great weekend, and lots of fun, info sharing, and adult beverages. Looking forward to seeing all, incluing Bruce and Hollywood as I know somewhere back there they are brothers!!! I can see the resemblance!! They both drive Buicks!!

UT
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2012 at 1:14am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Todd, would a 64' qualify? If so count me in!!

We will be heading East the week before staying at our Lake house on Candlewood, about 30mi from Timmy's.

Timmy's on Fri & Sat, Look forward to it!!

Anybody around who wants to ski on Candlewood the 18th-23rd drop me a line, Timmy???

Hey Quinner,
I just put two and two together. I used to live on Candlewood in the Knolls outside New Fairfield. Where is your place at?
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2012 at 1:30pm
Man, It sounds like you Tim's is the place to be this weekend.. Sounds like you guys will have a blast... Wish I can make it out, so at least there will be someone responsible enough to talk to the police when they show up hahahaha...

Carrie and I are headed to the Key's this weekend for our 50th birthdays. Maybe next summer ?????

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2012 at 7:59am
Sure wish I could make this event that is close to home but three weeks in Italy takes precedent. Hope the weather holds out for you all. Maybe my son bwinn will take a ride over hard to say.

Jack
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2012 at 9:36am
Well, I get a text msg from reid telling me to pack a bag, catch a flight to Charlotte on Wednesday and drive up with him in the Race City RV. Sooooooo, guess I'm on a plane this afternoon and road tripping with Reid. I must be crazy.... Should be interesting to say the least. Ohhhhh, Bully will be making the trip as I still have custody of him.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 7>
  Share Topic