NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Craigs List finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 188189190191192 442>
Author
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2012 at 8:08pm
Nowhere in that ad is there any history of that boat,Cypress Gardens,Sea World,Weeki Wachee. Are you looking to get a Lego Land boat? Someone is going to end up with a nice boat,hope everything works out for you Don, hope to see your new boat at SJRR.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2012 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Ha! I was wondering I that was your boat. It's not in the diaries though.

Yes, it is not there. I am going to try to get it up in the next few days.

Donald   
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2012 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by skicat2001 skicat2001 wrote:

Beautiful 1980 CC Awsome! Denver NC

1980 CC 7500

I've seen that boat too.... Owner's a PIA but the Airguides are AMAZING!

I'd take it off his hands if I wasn't boat poor already..........
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2012 at 10:27pm
Steve,

The owner is also AMAZING !!!

Donald
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2012 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Nowhere in that ad is there any history of that boat,Cypress Gardens,Sea World,Weeki Wachee. Are you looking to get a Lego Land boat? Someone is going to end up with a nice boat,hope everything works out for you Don, hope to see your new boat at SJRR.

Gary,

If I told the history and heritage, I would have to hire armed guards 24/7 to watch the boat. Do not forget the Bush Gardens history. I may sell it back to the Pope family. Can you say G25 LEGO PROMO Boat. We will sell our home and live in the boat. Fun Summers bad winters.

Donald
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2012 at 1:40am
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

I am going to try to get it up in the next few days.

Donald   

I think I finally have a signature line
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2012 at 12:04pm
Don's boat is absolutely gorgeous and if he was willing to sell about 6 months ago it would be in my garage instead of my BFN. Whoever gets that boat is going to be one happy camper. Don, I hate to see you sell it but hopefully whoever gets it will love it and take care of it as well as you have. See you in a few months on the river!
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2012 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by bhectus bhectus wrote:

Don's boat is absolutely gorgeous and if he was willing to sell about 6 months ago it would be in my garage instead of my BFN. Whoever gets that boat is going to be one happy camper. Don, I hate to see you sell it but hopefully whoever gets it will love it and take care of it as well as you have. See you in a few months on the river!

If only; I am pretty sure my wife will not agree to 3 CC's, then again I could not have imagined she would agree to two...
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2012 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by cphase cphase wrote:

1984 CC in Windermere FL Not a bad price but looks like it needs skins.

1984 CC 2001 NO HR'S POSTED

This boat has been for sale for awhile, I remember seeing it listed when I was looking for mine.

You made the right choice Jeff.I would have bought yours instead of the 84.You have a really nice boat there.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2012 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

Beautiful 1980 CC Awsome! Denver NC

1980 CC 7500

I've seen that boat too.... Owner's a PIA but the Airguides are AMAZING!

I'd take it off his hands if I wasn't boat poor already..........

If I was in the market to buy a boat,I would jump on that one with out even turning the key. I love that color style blue.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2012 at 1:16pm

You made the right choice Jeff.I would have bought yours instead of the 84.You have a really nice boat there.

Thanks Lee!!! We really love it, its not perfect, but it runs really well and it's ours!
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2012 at 4:48pm

Thanks Lee!!! We really love it, its not perfect, but it runs really well and it's ours!

You bet.That 84 needed skins and some outside work.Yours looks like great.I think there is nothing wrong with it.It also makes it nice to have a title of a CC.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2012 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

I am going to try to get it up in the next few days.

Donald   

I think I finally have a signature line

Gary,

Good one, but do not worry about me, I wake up with a wooden stringer every morning. No composite needed.

Donald
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2012 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by dwouncmd dwouncmd wrote:

Originally posted by bhectus bhectus wrote:

If only; I am pretty sure my wife will not agree to 3 CC's, then again I could not have imagined she would agree to two...

Wayne,

It never hurts to ask. I have an idea, buy it an give it to her for Christmas.   

Since it will be a gift, she will have to accept it.

Donald
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2012 at 3:55pm
'99 176 (I think) for $9500

Looks like a nice looking boat.
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2012 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by dwouncmd dwouncmd wrote:

'99 176 (I think) for $9500

Looks like a nice looking boat.

Super "Small" Sport

Actually yeah, it's a very sharp boat, in spite of the misleading decals.
turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2012 at 6:06pm
Is that the last year they made a 17.5' boat?

Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2012 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by turningpoint84 turningpoint84 wrote:

Is that the last year they made a 17.5' boat?

It shows up in the 1999 Brochure but not 2000

ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2012 at 1:22am
A Grey Marine engine and tranny...

Grey Marine engine
jo-e90 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo-e90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2012 at 2:51pm
Great luster gel coat finish and very nice upholstery - even mentioned that it was a used boat.
1994 sport

1994 SPORT $9K
1997 Sport Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2012 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by jo-e90 jo-e90 wrote:

I mentioned along time ago and tried to start a new thread entitled "interesting online finds" but apparently only the interesting ones are on craigslist only. LOL

Or they just weren't that interesting.
jo-e90 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo-e90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2012 at 1:06am
1997 Sport Nautique
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2012 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by jo-e90 jo-e90 wrote:

Exhaust manifolds

There is a ebay thread that these should be in, not here in the CL thread.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2012 at 6:41pm
Extremely Interesting !!!

302 ci RH

Mention CCFan, and recieve an extra Holiday 10% Off !!!

Other Holiday trades being consirered: Merc outboards from years '65 thru '72 hp's 9.8 and 20.
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 12:46am
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2012 at 9:19pm
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2012 at 10:40pm

Custom UNcool

I emailed "uncool" asking him if the stringers were replaced. His response: " not that i know of". So, I would suspect there may be problems considering the age.

I responded asking when the last alignment was done. Here's his answer:

"Stringers looked fine last time I looked which was 2 years ago

it's been kept indoors since then when not in use

Never done the alignment but haven't experienced much vibration or anything that
would indicate a need for that.

I've owned this boat for about 3 years

Regards,

Matt Ragioli

It's too bad he hasn't the mechanical to realize a misaligned shaft will not vibrate plus not understanding alignment should be checked periodically.

WOW!!! he's not someone I would buy a boat from!!!

BTW, he's in the Atlanta area if anyone is interested. Phone # is 678.414.5991

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2012 at 1:53am
Pete, I'm guessing 90% of CC owners over the past 50 years never check alignment. I'd say it gets done when a tranny rebuild has been done, rarely otherwise.

I just don't like what he's done with the boat!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2012 at 1:54am
I have to say Pete, the guy's response seems an honest answer to me. Caveat Emptor. If you ask many owners on this site about their stringers condition in a similar aged boat you just might get a similar answer. This doesn't indicate ignorance or misleading. I guess it makes me wonder how often is alignment checked as a matter of regular maintenance?
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2012 at 9:15am
David and Jack,
I'm more optimistic and would say that around 80% of our regulars here do check their alignment on a regular basis. Yes, we have plenty of members who we may have heard from once and then disappear. They maybe sold the boat and I would agree that they may not have know the stringer condition nor checked alignment. I would however say that in most cases it does indicate some level of ignorance but in most cases are not intentionally misleading the buyer.

I asked the seller of this boat if he know the condition of the stringers since a 81 certainly is suspect of rot. He said he "looked" at them and did not indicate any method used to actually check for rot. This sent up a red flag for me and the reason I asked about alignment. A alignment check may indicate a stringer issue. He's had and used the boat for 3 years and I would think during that time he would have done more mechanicals.

Yes, I sure DON'T like what was done to the boat ether!    With that dash, I'd guess he covered up some holes from a PO!

If anyone is interested and looks at the boat, be real cautious. Do check the stringers and take a look at the alignment.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 188189190191192 442>
  Share Topic