NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chicago beers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1516171819 45>
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2011 at 9:31pm
My son stopped by the Glenview House and gave me a report. Not white table cloths, but black!!! I guess that means it's half way "up scale"?? The menu pretty much still consists of fancy burgers with some mid priced entries. The old bar is gone which really is a shame since the old one was truly a antique (I'm sure they sold it and got plenty for it!!). But, the new bar is larger . Upstairs, there's a separate "whiskey" bar!! A few tables still by the front windows but most are upstairs. Elevator!!! The old pool room is now the kitchen - that's good because god only knows what they found when they tore up the old kitchen!!! Dave, (moj), I forgot to ask him if they still have the BB chicken pizza you always liked. I'll ask him tomorrow.

Guys, we still need to put one of these CB's together!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2011 at 2:31am
OK you Chicago Guys.

Time for Chicago Beer night. Thursday August 11th.

I'll be in town. I'm staying downtown on Grand, but that
doesn't matter. I should be able to take a train or cab wherever.

So, where's the location.

Look forward to hoisting a frosty lager.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2011 at 8:36am
Brian,
I'm up for it but it does depend on the location somewhat. Since you'll be "downtown", you can connect up with CQ for the train trip. Hey, do they still have the bars in the club cars anymore?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2011 at 1:00am
Brian,

I'd make the drive, but I'll be in WY, MT and ID that week. The same tour of duty that brought me to your doorstep last year has me elsewhere this year.

-Steve
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2011 at 1:25pm
So will it be just Pete and me? Or, will others be joining?

BKH
Livin' the Dream

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2011 at 1:36pm
I have never met you Brian, and I would sure like to make it out if the schedule allows. I have a guy coming in from corporate that day, not sure if I have to entertain him or not. Where is it going to be? Time?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2011 at 2:43pm
That would be great David. All the times I've met up with the guys it has been somewhere north of Chicago, Glenview, Skokie, something like that. I'm open in terms of time and location. BKH
Livin' the Dream

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2011 at 3:26pm
Here is an idea......not sure who all is coming out, or available, BUT, a fun summer place to have CB's would be out at the Broken Oar here in Cary. Its right on the river, and there is some great wakeboarding action going on. Good eats and drinks outside by the water. I am sure we would see some classic Correct Crafts too. I hear there is an old blue Mustang that plies the waters from time to time.

And, if there is a great demand, I would even be happy to bring the old Southwind out and launch so we could even do a little cruising.

You could catch the Metra Northwest line (Chicago-Harvard) out of the Ogilvy Transportation Center and get off in Cary (about an 1 1/4 hour trip). I could pick you up and drive you to the Oar so the festivities could begin. Then, you can catch a train back downtown too. They run every hour. Round trip may cost you ~$10-12.

Cary is also not too far for most of the guys in the Chicago area, except for Alan who lives fairly far south/west. It might even be close enough for Steve Workman (62 Wood) to come over.

Thoughts guys??
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2011 at 8:32pm
Brian,
This is starting to look like yet another "Chicago Beers" flop!! Now, I can't make it!! I just found out yesterday that a close friend of the family died at 90 and his wake is Thursday late afternoon and evening. I hate having to go to these things but since I'm the only member of the family in the area for the summer, I must go and represent everyone else.Take Dave's idea up! He's cool and I'm sure you'd have a great time with him.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2011 at 10:21pm
OK Pete, thanks.

Any other Chicago guys going to be available on Thursday?

BKH
Livin' the Dream

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2011 at 12:07am
Brian, I was really hoping I was going to be able to hook up with you guys. I was struggling to find the date, I must have missed it when I went back through the dates. But if it is indeed this Thursday 11, August I will be up north for the last long weekend at the in-laws cottage. Ouch that hurts to say... Let me know if its a week from now, that would probably work.

Steve
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2011 at 12:29am
Sorry Steve, this week. Thursday the 11th. You'll have more fun on vacation anyway. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 1:07pm
I'm here I can be in Cary by dark.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 1:38pm
The Oar could work for me if I could hitch a ride back to LV with someone, or what about kickin it up a notch and doing Blarneys Island for the boat races? Brian could get back down town via the Fox Lake line? Any Chance Gary and David could get up there via Boat?
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 2:35pm
Well, I am leaning toward putting the boat on the river tomorrow for a customer lunch I will be having at the Oar. Always a good relationship builder. So, it would be a blast to take the boat up to Blarneys. But, a long way to go by boat, especially if one has had a few adult beverages and Johnny Law is prowling the waters.

Assuming I do have the boat at the Oar, anybody up for a little recreational skiing to limber the muscles up in preperation for the 12 oz curls? I have a brand spanking new set of HO combos .

When I am not running the course at 41 off at 34 mph, I do enjoy some combo skiing.

Gary....Bringing the boat up to the Oar??
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 6:27pm
Anybody interested in coming to the Broken Oar tomorrow evening, here is a link to info on the place.

The Broken Oar-Cary, IL
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2011 at 12:56pm
Hi all! Just wanted to make sure you all got the word in case anybody was planning on showing up at the Oar this evening, it looks like CB's has been moved up to Blarney's Island on Fox Lake for the boat races.

Quinner....please clarify if that is not the case.   
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2011 at 2:28pm
Yes David, that is correct, the train options back downtown for Brian did not work from Cary.

Blarney Island Tonight for the Drag Boat Races

Blarney Island
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2011 at 7:59pm
Well,
Fill us in on what happened!! I'm still pissed I had to go to that damn wake!! But, the wife told me I had to so you know "the rest of the story".

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2011 at 12:14pm
BKH rode out to Fox Lake on the train with Quinn and all his downtown buddies, met up at the Port of Blarney. BKH and I both voted to eat on the island but Quinn insisted on eating at the Port. By the time we got out there there was only ONE race left. Oh well, it wasn't exactly about the racing anyway. Following I took BKH to Twin Lakes for a couple night cappers then home, then back on the train downtown in the morning.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2011 at 3:14am
Not extravagant, but still a good time. BKH
Livin' the Dream

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 10:04pm
My neighborhood crew hit Blarney's Island this past Saturday. Blarney's is where the last CB was held, although I couldn't make it up that evening. That place is such a good time. Saturday afternoon is THE time to be there. Can't imagine what Saturday night brings though. Thought I would share a few pics....

Hey....theres that old green Ski Nautique that has been discussed on CCF before.

The cruise down to Grass Lake.

We're here!!

Hey...who let this guy in??

The crew (me in straw pimp hat which will come in very handy soon).

High energy band, and the girls love to dane.

We don't get many like this into town.

She is quite the dancer!! She is giving my wife a lesson here.

She sure didn't get her moneys worth with that top. I hope Hollywood doesn't moderate this one.

More of the locals.

Wardrobe malfunction!

Hey, it matches the bikini.

You meet the nicest people on Blarney's.

Okay Miss, you are free to go. You have the required personal flotation on board.

Sorry Bruno....couldn't help myself. You shouldn't let her dress like that in public. She is going to stop traffic!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 5:16pm
I just got a call from Chris Mars (sp?) and he's planning on coming in from Iowa to Chicago next week. How about getting a CB's together?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 11:58pm
I'm down with that.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2011 at 1:55pm
I'll be in on the 17th but have a work function till 9pm that night. Should be able to stay around after the workday Friday.

If not this time, I'll be back for a few days in the first weekend of December.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2011 at 2:12pm
Where are you staying Chris? Still out in Lisle ????

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2011 at 10:03pm
It seems as though i will be staying downtown wednesday night the 30th. Anyone interested?
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2012 at 12:17pm
Next Tuesday Night 1/10/12 *** Beers ***, Tilted Kilt, Roselle. I can pick up anyone @ the Bartlett station (train wise)..

Chicago guys lets bring in the New year with a few cold ones. First one is on me !!!!

Who's in ???

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2012 at 12:47pm
looks good to me
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2012 at 4:29pm
Damn...flying to DC that night. Otherwise, I'd drive down.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1516171819 45>
  Share Topic