NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

gt-40 heads and performance

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2006 at 10:47pm
Stang-I have an extra tach if you need one, its never been used, its out of an 85.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2006 at 11:14pm
That might work for now...how much?

I would like to find a chrome teleflex nos...I see them every now and then.try to keep the orig. look...can an old tach be recalibrated?
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2006 at 11:47pm
You can have it,just pay the shipping its a black VDO.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2006 at 11:55pm
Can't pa$$ that up! That would be great! Any parts you are looking for?
stang

The Super Air

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2006 at 11:58pm
STANG -this one has a swich on the back for 2-4-6-8 did you check to see if yours is on the 8? I dont think you can recalibrate.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2006 at 12:02am
hold on ill make a list(lol)
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2006 at 9:27am
Let me investigate!
stang

The Super Air

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2006 at 9:55am
some are universal and have a switch others are spicific for the number of cyclinders, I belive most factory CC gauges don't have the switch at least on the older models.
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2006 at 10:07am
What could the tack be set to, to make it run low? 10?

Anything but 8 would read too high.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2006 at 10:41am
I don't have switches on either of the teleflex tachs(looked on both 72's ..identical tachs)...however there is a stem that sticks out on each tach...I wonder if it turns for calibrating...anyone know?
stang

The Super Air

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2006 at 11:12am
teleflex should have a rotary dial @ 4 oclock at the rear.yours should be set to 8c/4p=8cyl. or 4 pole[outboard]. the new tachs do have a calibration screw located @ about 10 oclock,but you have to have a "master or known to be correct" tach to adjust yours to.........tachs are cheap insurance for your motor.plan on spending 100.00 for a good one or bite the bullit and buy quality,Gaffrig or Auto Meter.....boat dr
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2006 at 11:35am
I did see a rotory dial...it's resessed and could be turned with a small fladhead...I did not see any reference to settings...no markings. I will guess here...the tach is preset to 8c only and the screw is for fine adjusting? Boat dr...what do you think?
stang

The Super Air

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2006 at 7:37pm
Yeah 79 is right the old ones are more simpel,and boat dr is also right about the outboard settings.how would know were to start to recalibate,how could tell what the idel is?but if you want this one for a test - my email is-MADDMARXX@AOL.COM    #321-231-6041
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic