NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

floormats my but

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 6>
Author
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2010 at 12:17pm
i used to have a shovel head named   spot
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2010 at 12:22pm
Bruce, sometimes thats what it takes, go buy a piece of chrome at your local harley shop and tell me what that little gold tag says on it
"the things you own will start to own you"
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2010 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

People don't seem to bad mouth AMF Harleys now, but back in the day they were consdered poorly made and very undepenable.

I still consider them poorly made and very undependable. I don't even work on them. You just solidified my previous post Bruce. If HD had not done something, they would have never made it. People will only buy junk for so long......

Eric,
    I don't really think we can blame all of our problems on Bush either. The govt. in general has basically sold us out and it started a long time ago.
   On a side note, a buddy of mine just traded in his 2007 Duramax lease on a new one. He was going to buy it outright at lease termination, but it had such a high resale value that he did way better on trading in on a new one as he was able to use that as a bargaining tool(which he bought instead of leasing)after figuring all his write-offs thru his business etc. High resale on a used American truck is a good sign. They are expensive though. I think he said the sticker on the new truck was over $55k.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2010 at 4:20pm
I loved the old man, but not his kid,first impression, just by looking at him, stone cold drunk, the scotch type, his main advise came from Cheney who too looked out for his own interests (Haliburton) with the technology available they easily couldve sent in a sniper team and capped sadaam and his boys. i put the blame on the bush administration and what is killing our government is the total lack of bi-partisonship. money makes the world go round and i always thought to myself, what if i were put into that situation, what would i do? I tried to stay away from politics but couldnt take it after the state of the union and the boys on the left sittng on thier hands, this is thier president too and should do what is best for the country not for themselves
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2010 at 6:02pm
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2010 at 7:31pm
Threadjack...
Mr Lavine, I'm getting lost on reading this, for lack of better words, book of yours in this thread. As lost as your cell phone when I try to call you for a chat LOL!!
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2010 at 7:42pm
I'll take that one of three ways, me, the government, or yourself...and its not me so that leaves 2
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2010 at 8:37pm
Ignorance is bliss.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2010 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by hasbeenskier hasbeenskier wrote:

I ordered a 2010 Chevrolet H2500 11/2/09 and have not gotten a BUILD DATE YET!

You guy's are going to laugh at me for saying this but, when the now ceo of GM ran our place, every October they would shut off the supply system and we could not order a thing until after the 1st of the new year. Wire,phone jacks,tools,cable,you name it, to save money. Old habits are hard to break,I'm sure they will soon be able to get what they need to get your truck started down the line
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2010 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

I loved the old man, but not his kid

Blame Ross Perot for that election result!

Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

Ignorance

Why even comment if that is what you have to say Ryan?
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2010 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Originally posted by hasbeenskier hasbeenskier wrote:

I ordered a 2010 Chevrolet H2500 11/2/09 and have not gotten a BUILD DATE YET!

You guy's are going to laugh at me for saying this but, when the now ceo of GM ran our place, every October they would shut off the supply system and we could not order a thing until after the 1st of the new year. Wire,phone jacks,tools,cable,you name it, to save money. Old habits are hard to break,I'm sure they will soon be able to get what they need to get your truck started down the line

Wait much longer and it will be a 2011. I gotta give you credit, I'd have taken my business elsewhere already.3 months w/ no build date is unacceptable IMHO.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2010 at 12:00am
With regards to the HD2500, I am disappointed with the delay, but I am not in any hurry. The 2500 I work out of has 210,000 miles and still fine. I ordered the new one for assurance that my company has a stand by if one of the trucks goes down for any reason. I am not very excited about writing the check though.
bj
hasbeenskier
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2010 at 12:55am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Why even comment if that is what you have to say Ryan?

That's easy to explain. It was a means of expressing a point or making a statement that was NOT unsubstantiated, arrogant, uneducated, opinionated, biased, somewhat racial, or without forethought that my statement or comments could be taken offensively by other members of this forum. Nor would it contradict the very purpose or rules of this website's forum. Nor was it a means of trying to turn this particular thread into a pissing contest that this and other recent threads have turned into. Just simply a means of definition for others to easily understand.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2010 at 10:08am
I kept going back to the meaning of ignorance, intelligent but unaware, these seem to go 3 to 4 pages, when i was a kid you would hear things like, someday you'll be driving down the street talking on a phone, someday TV's will be 1 inch thick and you will hang them on the wall, every home will have a computer and you will be able to talk to eachother face to face..at the time i would say i was 15 or even 16 and just thought to myself that is impossible, never, all the things we could ever need are invented already. and we use them day to day, why would we need stuff like that?   that i think is what the definition of ignorance means.
ive been thru a couple recessions, this one is different, thru 18% home loans, I never thought i would see a black president, maybe ignorant. but as the end result this country was created, built to a super power, a beacon to the world because of the auto industry. we took a raw material and created a viable commodity and sold it creating wealth, strong government, 2 cars in every drive and healthcare that surpassed any in the world. personally if i was a single man no family, i wouldnt give 2 ***************s what happens, but i have kids and this is what they are going to be left with and they will see more changes than i ever seen when i was a kid
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2010 at 1:31pm
Agree, and thinking about that is unsettling.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2010 at 7:45pm

GM's PLAN to take the market back from Toyota

My wife had some excellent customer service at the Toyota garage today. Dropped the Prius off yesterday (20 minutes away)for an appointment that they contacted us about to have an update/recall done. She called today to check the status......We don't have those parts in stock yet,gonna be a few weeks. WTF? While it's here would you like us to rotate the tires for $19.95??......ummmm, No!

Mike

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2010 at 9:46pm
Mike, for what it's worth I too got literature stating that there was a recall concerning the stuck throtle thing. I would have likely had the same experiance had I not called them and bugged the crap out of them about it. They told me to expect a pink colored notice in the mail and at that time would be when to make the appointment to have it repaired. I'm not sure if that was the issue with your car,but if it is I hope this helps and saves you some time and frustration.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2010 at 11:44pm
   Yeah I'm not really sure why that was a fail on their part Ryan. It wasn't the notice in the mail she based the appt on, the Toyota garage actually contacted her and said she needed to bring it in. Why, if they didn't have the parts, I'll never know. I'm not sure if it was the gas pedal/floormats problem or something else as I don't meddle in her car business. That Prius has been a thorn in my side since I came home and saw it in the garage where the Mustang GT used to be parked .

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2010 at 12:15am
LOL, that was a sad day!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2010 at 9:29am
A guy who rents space from me bought a 2008 2500 duramax, about 2 weeks ago i noticed he wasnt driving his truck anymore, he swaps alot of cars from dealers and repairs them at my shop, long story short he traded it in for a 2010 camry, (his day to day workplace is at a GMC dealership) he got use to the 100k a year gig and the floor fell out. sn, im a kind gentle person and grew up around the UAW's and would never verbally fight or even fight about an issue like we are discussing face to face, But God damn did i ride this guy's ass all week. (jokingly) iwas saying "you what"? things to that order
Mike, I read somewhere that the Prius was being sold at a huge loss to American consumers to get thier feet wet first.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2010 at 9:31am
needless to say, i put a rack and pinion in a prius, you dont even want to know the cost
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2010 at 10:18am
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

GM's PLAN to take the market back from Toyota

GM should better take care of the 10.000 employees they are gonna lay off in Europe...
The GM plant in Antwerp (the most efficient in the world...) will be shut down and other plants in for instance Germany are gonna go through reorganisations.
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2010 at 10:56am
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

Yeah I'm not really sure why that was a fail on their part Ryan. It wasn't the notice in the mail she based the appt on, the Toyota garage actually contacted her and said she needed to bring it in. Why, if they didn't have the parts, I'll never know. I'm not sure if it was the gas pedal/floormats problem or something else as I don't meddle in her car business. That Prius has been a thorn in my side since I came home and saw it in the garage where the Mustang GT used to be parked .

Mike

Man, you'll be moving up here to the west end next.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2010 at 11:11am
I caught the tail end of the report on the fix Toyota is doing. Looks like a wear plate someplace at a mechanical linkage. However, the report continued stating that other testing has also shown problems with the electronics so that's the "fly by wire" I referred to.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
PAPA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2010 at 6:53pm
Ford and GM both outsold Toyota in todays reports.It's a beautiful thing!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2010 at 6:57pm
thats the best news ive heard in a year, hopefully its contagious
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2010 at 10:12am
as of this morning, software problems? but cannot pinpoint problem yet
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2010 at 5:07pm

What Flavor is that Jap Car Cool-Aid now?

Buy American as it may be your own job or business that it saves one day!!

These are mighty tough words coming from a guy with 2 junk American cars in his yard, one in the shop and a TOYOTA in his garage!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2010 at 5:43pm
Holy Half Barrel Timmy, just wet myself laughing so hard.

Looks like HW got a little payback for his unknowingly driving across Chicago-land in his Fleetwood with "Gay N Proud" plastered on his backside!!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2010 at 6:02pm

Looks like HW got a little payback for his unknowingly driving across Chicago-land in his Fleetwood with "Gay N Proud" plastered on his backside!!

Yes but didn't I hear the advertisment came off and was transfered to your Surburban at the train station??

Now both of you will literally need to check/cover your backsides. (body and auto!!)

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 6>
  Share Topic