Forum Name: Off Topic
Forum Discription: Anything non-Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9589
Printed Date: April-27-2024 at 11:58am

Topic: This one is for the Europeans
Posted By: Kristof
Subject: This one is for the Europeans
Date Posted: February-07-2008 at 12:02pm
Hello, Goeiedag, Bonjour, Buongiorno, Dobar dan, Gutentag, Buenos Diaz,....

Just like to hear a bit from the European members on this great site...

-------------
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Replies:
Posted By: eric lavine
Date Posted: February-07-2008 at 12:34pm
How close is Austria to you Kristof?

-------------
"the things you own will start to own you"

Date Posted: February-07-2008 at 3:52pm
About 650 miles...

http://www.frappr.com/planetnautiquemembers - Planet Nautique Members' Map

So you can see where I'm at

-------------
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Posted By: TRIP
Date Posted: February-07-2008 at 9:10pm
Hey, koele boot heb je!

Groeten van een 'Ollander in Costa Rica

-------------
http://www.flyzone-cr.com" rel="nofollow - FlyZone Costa Rica Wakeboarding
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=8406&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow - 1997 Super Sport

Date Posted: February-07-2008 at 9:45pm
Dank je Trip!!

Zo zie je maar... een Hollander kom je nu eenmaal overal tegen

Je website ziet er veelbelovend uit.. hoop weldra meer te zien!

Groeten van een Belg in België

-------------

Posted By: boat dr
Date Posted: February-07-2008 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

Dank je Trip!!

Kristof, have you not read the RULES that apply to posting on this site ????

NO PROFANITY

-------------
boat dr

/diaries/details.asp?ID=4631 - 1949 Dart
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1533 - 1964 American Skier

Date Posted: February-08-2008 at 6:25am
Okay Doc let's redo this one...

Originally posted by TRIP TRIP wrote:

Hey, koele boot heb je!

Groeten van een 'Ollander in Costa Rica

This is dutch for:

Hey, cool boat you have!
Greetings from a 'Dutchman in Costa Rica'

I answered him:

Dank je Trip!!

Which means:

Thanks Trip!!
As you can see... you encounter the Dutch everywhere
Your website looks promising.. hope to see more of it soon!
Greetings from a Belgian in Belgium

From now on I will restrain myself from profanities
I will behave and be a good boy... Wife gives me a strange look... go figure!

-------------

Date Posted: February-08-2008 at 10:13am
remember the Von Traps?

-------------

Posted By: Riley
Date Posted: February-08-2008 at 11:05am
Kristof, forgive me for my ingnorance, but is Dutch the national or predominant language of Belgium? What do you call people from Belgium, ie, Belgiunman, Belgiumese? What kind of government? Belgium, to me is an obscure country that I don't hear much about, other than for its chocolate. My father, who fought in WWII, I believe entered into Europe in Belgium, I think fighting in the Bastonge area and beyond as they headed to Germany. Are there many WWII historical sites there?

-------------

Date Posted: February-08-2008 at 11:46am
I dont know if Hitler occupied Belgium, we need some history Kristoff, tell us, are ears are open, you are also close to Switzerland too I would assume

-------------

Date Posted: February-08-2008 at 6:31pm
Riley,

Your father fought in the well known "Battle of the Bulge"!!! We have museums dedicated to the heroes of that battle in Bastogne. Your father probably landed in Normandy (D-Day) and then fought his way up to the "Ardennes" were this harsh battle took place in the cold winter snow...

Government... Don't want to write a book here BUT...To put it short... we have 7 (!) governments for a country as big as a handkerchief! Talk about complicated... (a country of 10 million inhabitants). We have three official languages in our country: Dutch (in the north), French (in the south) and German (in the east).

Oh, and we're called Belgians... And we have the capital of Europe: BRUSSELS

Eric,
Hitler and his buddies occupied these parts for five long years.
And... "The sound of music" is a classic!!!
Gotta love Julie Andrews...
Switserland is about 500 miles from here.
You guys really have to update your geography LOL.

-------------

Date Posted: February-08-2008 at 6:43pm
we know Belgium is in Europe, you guy's are like states, okay Kristoff, without looking at a map tell me where Oklahoma is lol   eric

-------------

Date Posted: February-08-2008 at 6:49pm
Eh... you wanna piece of me???
Right above (or north if you will) Texas LOL

-------------

Date Posted: February-08-2008 at 6:53pm
you used a map!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: February-08-2008 at 6:56pm
No I didn't...
I just like geography
That's why i sollicited for a job as topographist - satellite image analist in the army

-------------

Date Posted: February-08-2008 at 7:01pm
Ask me about Ohio, Wyoming, Arkansas, Washington, California, Florida, Mississippi, Utah... (in random order)

Or... Thailand, Birma, Iran, China, Poland, Ukraine,.... (also in random order)

-------------

Date Posted: February-08-2008 at 7:01pm
thats cheating...

-------------

Date Posted: February-08-2008 at 7:06pm
Oh no sir!
I do not cheat! But I love you man!
If you can't beat them... join' em... LOL

-------------

Posted By: nates78ski
Date Posted: February-08-2008 at 7:44pm
Do either of you (eric or Kristof) work? hahah I'm online all day & you guys make me look like im the hardest worker on this site w/ your guys posts haha.........

Nate

-------------
Nathan
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1463&sort=&pagenum=3&yrstart=1978&yrend=1978" rel="nofollow - My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll

Date Posted: February-08-2008 at 7:48pm
Well Nate, I had the day off today, and spent it well working on my boat!

Being able to be online all day is one advantage of having a desk job

And... eh... it's 22.45 pm here now...

-------------

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: February-08-2008 at 7:55pm
Nate: There is lots of guys who come to mind...wondering if they work!

Kristof: I for one sure are enjoying your entry into our little world here. Interesting people from around the world...one of the many great things about this site.

Where would we be without Keith?

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Posted By: 81nautique
Date Posted: February-08-2008 at 8:21pm

Ask me about Ohio, Wyoming, Arkansas, Washington, California, Florida, Mississippi, Utah... (in random order)

Or... Thailand, Birma, Iran, China, Poland, Ukraine,.... (also in random order)

Kristof,
We could ask half the population of the United States where Ohio, Wyoming,etc are and they wouldn't know. It's embarrasing but I imagine all countries have baggage to carry. I have an Indonesian brother-in-law who learned to speak 5 languages so he could get a job as a purser on a cruise ship just to get the opportunity to travel to America. He's now a citizen and recites our constitution to the letter. He's proud to be an American and can't understand why so many here take this wonderful land for granted.

As for me I love America and as rough as this place gets sometimes I know I still have the luxury of dying with both of my hands untied.

Keep the peace my friend and stay safe.

-------------

Posted By: Riley
Date Posted: February-08-2008 at 8:26pm
Kristof, you're right he did fight in the Battle of the Bulge. He was there for the end of the war and I believe he found it pretty interesting.

I would like to travel to Europe someday.
One thing I find facinating is the age of buildings over there. Most old buildings where I live were built in the 1700 and 1800s. Over there, they're so much older.

I'm glad you signed on. There's a lot of interesting people here. You must be the only Belgian with a Correct Craft.

-------------

Date Posted: February-08-2008 at 8:33pm
I watch GHI (Ghost Hunters International) and they are all over Europe...alot of haunted sites there, maybe they'll be in Belgium to see if they have some ghosts over at Willy Wonka's Chocalate factory

-------------

Date Posted: February-09-2008 at 2:12pm
Thanks for the comments guys!

My wife says that if this continues like this, my shirts won't fit no more cause my neck will be to big LOL.

Eric, I do believe in "ghosts", only I call them spirits, and they gide and watch over us (to every one their own religion ). That's why I thank them every day that we all live in places where life is good. So Alan, your're absolutely right about our countries and our luxury

Riley,
If ever you come to Europe, come to Belgium and let me know! I'll show you around old houses, castles and the places your father fought... You're welcome to stay at our house!

-------------

Date Posted: February-12-2008 at 7:22pm
Well well, read in the paper today that our very own Frank De Winne is going to spend 6 months in the ISS spacestaion...
That will be the second time he goes up. He must have done something right the first time
Not bad for a little country... Guess there's more to us than chocolate and beer LOL

-------------

Posted By: JMurph
Date Posted: February-15-2008 at 5:31pm
Alright Kristof,

I traveled to Belgium when I was 17 years old to play soccer with an American select team. I believe we came into Oostande, a port town and then proceded to the country where we stayed with host families for a couple of days before moving on to play other soccer clubs. I don't remember what the name of the small countryside town was that we stayed in, however, 20 years later, I will never forget what a beautifal country you live in. The whole region we traveled through left quite an impression upon me. We also went to Holland, East Germany and parts of England.

One other Belgium note: I read a book called the Mistress of Riversdale, which is a compilation of letters from Rosalie STIER Calvert to the Stier family back in Belgium. The Stiers were a very prosperous family in Belgium in the late 1700's and into the 1800's (at least). Rosalie Stier Calvert was part of a family that could be considered the most famous Maryland family of all time. They owned vast parts of the state and went on to be the original founders of the University of Maryland. Anyway, I just wanted to chime in to let you know that there are people on this board that know your country (a tiny bit anyway). I'm not open to geography questions though.

-JMurph

-------------

Date Posted: February-15-2008 at 6:14pm
JMurph,

Nice to hear you like and know my country!
Indeed Oostende is a ferry port terminal.
If ever you come here again, be sure to know, that it will be a pleasure for us to host you!

Unfotunately, I'm not familiar with the history of the Stier family as you described... Will look it up on Google...

To all my great new friends in this forum: don't spend wasted money on any hotel here in Belgium, as you are all welcome to stay at our house!!! It will be a pleasure for us to show the hospitality of our nation...

But as we live in an appartment... you will have to be satified to sleep on a sofa that can be converted to a bed...

-------------

Date Posted: February-15-2008 at 7:09pm
are you from a large or a small family?

-------------

Date Posted: February-17-2008 at 9:39am
I have one brother.
But we are a big family that comes together on regular bases (My grandparents, uncles & ants, cousins...) When we are together we are a family of 34 peolple and it's always a blast!

-------------

Date Posted: February-17-2008 at 2:42pm
what are some of the main dishes in Belgium? (for future reference)

-------------

Posted By: TRIP
Date Posted: February-18-2008 at 2:52am
Belgium is cool! If Holland were more like it, I might not be living in Costa Rica now. So, in a way, I'm very glad it's not

Brugge and Gent are my favorite places there. The beer-festival in Brussels is legendary (at least for me it is).

Oh well, anyway... Just wanted to say that Belgium is cool!

-------------
http://www.flyzone-cr.com" rel="nofollow - FlyZone Costa Rica Wakeboarding
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=8406&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow - 1997 Super Sport

Date Posted: February-18-2008 at 6:33pm
Kristof, are you close to Amsterdam and the red lights?

-------------

Date Posted: February-18-2008 at 7:55pm
Eric,
About an hour and a half drive to Amsterdam...

About food... french fries is the wrong name for them, because french fries are a Belgian invention!!
Very wide spread here: mussels with french fries and a good glas of beer...

"Waterzooi" is a typical thick soup that is also well known and from Gent, Trip

"Eel in green" (in Dutch: "Paling in het groen"

Brussels or Liège waffels

And a few more...

-------------

Date Posted: February-18-2008 at 8:34pm
Brussel sprouts???

Belgian waffles, i love em

-------------

Date Posted: February-20-2008 at 5:44pm
See Eric... and you're trying to tell me you know nothing about Belgium... you naughty naughty man you!!

Brussel sprouts, are indeed quite good, if you love vegetables. Also well known is the chicory from Belgium...

-------------

Posted By: tullfooter
Date Posted: February-20-2008 at 6:56pm
Kristof

I'll bet you can make that hour and a half drive with your eyes closed.
I had a 5 hour lay over in Amsterdam 4 years ago. My wife and I, and another couple we were traveling with, hopped a train and went downtown. What a beautiful city, though we were there at night. All the stories we hear of the red light district and the "coffee" houses were surprisingly true.
Next time I go back, it will be for a couple of days.

Steve

-------------
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: February-20-2008 at 7:24pm
...without the wife.

-------------

Date Posted: February-20-2008 at 10:32pm
Lay over?

-------------

Date Posted: February-21-2008 at 12:09am
Wood

If I went to Amsterdam without my wife, I'd be coming home to no wife.
That city is like no place I've ever been.

Steve

-------------
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Date Posted: February-21-2008 at 2:21am
Sounds like a place for a European Reunion. Now I just gotta convince Patti that I need to be the Florida rep.

Yup...like Steve..I'd be coming home to no wife.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: February-21-2008 at 10:26am
jbear

It would be a great place for a reunion, there's water everywhere. We could drive the boats right through the Red Light District, there's a canal splitting one of the main areas.
But no driving the boats after visiting the coffee houses.

Steve

-------------
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Date Posted: February-21-2008 at 7:19pm
Well... We (Chantal and I) would like to come to a reunion in the states in the summer of 2009... (Budget for 2008 is consumed )... let's hear the propositions guys!
Without our boat tho... Unless I find sponsors for a Guiness book of records attempt to cross the Atlantic with a Correct Craft... (on propane too!!!)

But if there is a real intrest for that year to make a reunion in Europe... I'll be happy to put my shoulders under that project... Weather it is in Amsterdam or here at our little town and lake...

Oh, and Steve, if you make that trip to Amsterdam in the near future, be shure to let me know, 'cause I'll make that trip with my eyes closed to meet you!!

-------------

Date Posted: February-21-2008 at 7:57pm
Kristof

No plans for that trip, but if I do, I'll let you know. (but I won't let Chantel know )
And I don't think your eyes will be closed
Mine sure won't

Steve

-------------
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Date Posted: February-21-2008 at 9:36pm
Kristof; A visit to the States is a must for you. Ever been to the Magic Kingdom...Central Florida? Well you are welcome here...we'll show you a good time. We are kinda rural here...no red-lite district to offer. Lots of lakes and great weather to offer tho. I am sure that by now you have checked out the Reunion pictures and our pictures from this weekend at the St. Johns river. Sure be cool to have you and Chantal join in.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: February-26-2008 at 7:26am
John,

Where we live here, it's kinda rural too. I like to go to Brussels, but I still prefer to live here in our rural little town. So, I'm sure we'll have a good time in your Magic Kingdom

I already started to save money for a trip to the States in the sommer of 2009... So rest asure that you will have to help us with the planning of that trip

BTW, nice reunion pics at St John's River... I could fit right in there

-------------

Date Posted: February-26-2008 at 7:55am
As asked on another thread here... Some pictures of Chantal and me... So my new great friends on this site know who they're dealing with...

Our wedding day on 19th march 2005:

My colleagues doing the honors...

With our parents...

Just us...

Last weekend with some friends on a mini ski-trip to France:

That was a great weekend!! Good snow, beautiful weather and good beer

-------------

Date Posted: February-26-2008 at 10:49am
Kristof
Great pics, looks like you and Chantel will fit right in over here. My question is, she likes the dark beer and you the light? I'm hoping you're drinking one of those lambic beers that your country is famous for.

Steve

BTW, have you ever snowboarded, and is it very popular?

-------------
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Date Posted: February-26-2008 at 11:44am
are those swords the equivalant of a shotgun wedding?

-------------

Date Posted: February-26-2008 at 4:19pm
Steve,
I tried snowboarding once, but it's not my thing... But it is as popular on the snow, as the wakeboards on the water.
The beer you refer to is "Kriek Lambic", world famous cherry taste beer!
Chantal does almost never drink alcohol, so on the pic, she's having a coke

Eric,
That's a cavalry wedding, and only cavalry units have the sabres...
I did perform that honor for two of my mates too.

-------------

Posted By: quinner
Date Posted: February-26-2008 at 5:04pm
Kristof,

Eric is messing with you, a "Shotgun Wedding" is a slang term used when the Bride is Pregnant, "Knocked Up", "Bun in The Oven", etc.

LOL on that one BTW Eric!

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1143" rel="nofollow - Mi Bowt

Date Posted: February-26-2008 at 6:37pm
Ooooooh, thanks for the heads up Chris!
Well then... no knocking up here... No father in law with his shotgun at my nose

And Eric... That's twice you got me
My vengeance will be terrifying... LOL

-------------

Posted By: Mojo
Date Posted: February-26-2008 at 7:12pm
Oh good, another CCfan widow in the making.... Congrats Kristof !!!!
Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: February-26-2008 at 11:55pm
Kristoff: Thanks for the cool pics! By now you gotta know how much we love pictures on here. Makes it better when you have a face to put with the name. Plus we all get to see each others hot wives and girlfriends.

Moj: Had to laugh...Patti says the same...I am on all evening with my buddies and she can't get on her computer.

Back to Kristoff: We will be looking forward to your visit. You will be welcome to stay here in our guest room.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: February-27-2008 at 7:00am
John,

Video's are even better... That's why I go to the video section on this site on regular bases... To performance on the water! Makes the winter less long

-------------

Date Posted: February-27-2008 at 11:56am
honeymoon video's?

-------------

Date Posted: February-27-2008 at 12:02pm
Especially the funny ones... where all goes wrong...
(In casu... when they start dancing and stuff LOL)

-------------

Posted By: BuffaloBFN
Date Posted: February-27-2008 at 12:02pm
LOL!!!

-------------
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2331&sort=&pagenum=12&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - 1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO

Print Page | Close Window