Forum Name: Boat Maintenance
Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=948
Printed Date: May-23-2024 at 4:43am

Topic: PCM 1.23:1 trans fluid
Posted By: Guests
Subject: PCM 1.23:1 trans fluid
Date Posted: October-25-2004 at 4:41pm
I picked up a 94 Nautique this past summer. The manual calls for 20 20w in PCM transmissions. It looks to me like it is Dextron. I have heard different things so what is the deal? Any help is appreciated.

Replies:
Posted By: Darrel
Date Posted: October-26-2004 at 4:34pm
You can use either 20/20 or dextron in the 1.23:1 trans. easiest to replace with what is already in there since when you drain (or suck out) there will be residual and you dont want to mix the two.

Posted By: gjsullivan
Date Posted: November-08-2004 at 2:37am
I have a 91 Sport nautique and could not find 20W oil. I talked with PCM and they said to use Dexron III.   

You do not want to mix them. So they said pump the old fluid out, fill with Dexron, run for a few minutes.   I did this three times until the fluid that came out was no longer contaminated.

Glenn

Posted By: tommer12
Date Posted: November-08-2004 at 4:46pm
Is there a way to tell what fluid WAS in the tranny? I just changed my yesterday.. noticed that you don't stick the tube all the way down the tranny to get it to start pumping out....    but it came out fairly clean from what I could tell... I dumped some Dexron III in before I pumped, then pumped the old and some new.. (sort of the same)

But what can happen if there is still 20/20 in the tranny and you "think" it is all out... and you refill 2 quarts of dextron III in?

Print Page | Close Window