Forum Name: Off Topic
Forum Discription: Anything non-Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5765
Printed Date: May-21-2024 at 12:04pm

Topic: Jbears 351
Posted By: jbear
Subject: Jbears 351
Date Posted: February-18-2007 at 10:50pm
Here are a few pics of yesterdays adventure. Thanks to MM, 79Nautique, Backfoot, ReidP, BlondieGurl and Mark's bro, Keith.

79 and Backfoot

Backfoot and ReidP

New heads and manifold

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Replies:
Posted By: bkhallpass
Date Posted: February-18-2007 at 10:53pm
Keep the pics coming Jbear. Gee, no one's shown up at my place to work on my boat! BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Posted By: The Dude
Date Posted: February-18-2007 at 10:58pm
That looks awesome! I wish I could have been there!

-------------
Mullet Free since 93
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=717&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1991&yrend=1995 - 95 Sport

Date Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:00pm
A few more.

Backfoot-when ya need a little muscle

79, MM, Backfoot

Eddie, Chris, Reid

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:05pm
A few more; Thanks to BKH for the help!

Eddie, Chris and BlondieGurl

Blondie and Eddie

MM, his bro, Keith whose shop we used and Eddie

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Posted By: scott8370
Date Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:06pm
Wow!!!!! Can I be next.Looks great! New heads and intake?

-------------
Scott

Date Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:12pm
A few more. Hope we ain't bored yet.

MM, Keith, Eddie

Chris "why is john using ****** points?"

Again: thanks to all you guys. You know Ida never been able to do it alone. Thanks to MM for getting it all started, Reid for finding the heads, Blondie for all her running around, Chris and Eddie for their expertise and Keith for the use of his shop. What a great bunch! Where else could a guy get all this help?!

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:17pm
John, Man does that engine look clean! How was the test drive?

-------------
Scott

Posted By: MaddMarxx
Date Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:20pm
this was the start of the day!

these are the new valve covers!

this is reids custom paint job!

this is the intake manifold!

Date Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:23pm
Yeah Scott, you are next, except I mean you are next to work on the boat. Now that these guys have me fixed up so I ain't stock no more, I gotta get the outside fixed up to match. So I figured since I had this expert help on the engine I better look for a expert for the out side. Since I remember this fellow Ohio guy who really did an awesome job on this Torino........

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:25pm
Great pics! Those valve covers could blind someone. Scott

-------------
Scott

Date Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:27pm
MM: Thanks for jumping in with your pics!
Great day!

Scott: No test ride-We had a points problem. Problem was I had not replaced anything in 100 hours. But I did have a tune-up kit under the dash. Saved Chris from having to do something ugly to the dumb boat owner. Well he knew I never lift the motor box!

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Posted By: JMurph
Date Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:28pm

To MM, Backfoot, Reidp, Blondie and 79,

WOW!!!!!! You all are awesome. Jbear certainly seems like the deserving guy, but you all went above and beyond. Nice job guys. That engine looks great. Reidp, I'll be dropping my boat off at your house next weekend. I expect no less.

-JMurph

-------------

Date Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Yeah Scott, you are next, except I mean you are next to work on the boat. Now that these guys have me fixed up so I ain't stock no more, I gotta get the outside fixed up to match. So I figured since I had this expert help on the engine I better look for a expert for the out side. Since I remember this fellow Ohio guy who really did an awesome job on this Torino........

john

OK, but I don't have a good looking team like you do.

-------------
Scott

Date Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:37pm
I just seen pitures of your team......they look mighty good to me. Wish me and mrs jbear had two guys at home like that.....our little boy is 37. And not at home anymore!

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:50pm
break time!

back to work!

here's the one that did all the work!

we even made him do the clean up work!

Date Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:56pm
MM; Everyone on here knows that pic of me workin' has gotta be a fake.

Now the pic of me cleaning is another matter. Cleaned the carpets and upholstrie (sp?) again today before putting the boat away. Actually tho, not much to do, everyone was very careful considering how much engine work you all did.

john

PS: how do you size the pics just right? Mine seemed to big.

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Posted By: backfoot100
Date Posted: February-19-2007 at 2:21pm
It was a great day. So nice to meet everybody. We started out at SECC and we were all like kids in a candy store when we went walking through their warehouse. I, of course had to show the guys what a real ski boat (American Skier) looked like that was in the used boat section of the lot. We got to see MM's boat with the new K&N installed. Mark that thing rocks!!! Then the best surprise of all was Blondie willing to turn wrenches and gettin' dirty with the rest of us and then running for parts and eats. Mark, you better take really good care of her! You don't find 'em like that very often. 79 was the master of ceremonies and really knows his stuff when it comes to a CC with a Blue Oval under the cover. I was impressed! Thanks Chris! Keith, Mark and Reid were certainly just as impressive. They really are pa$$ionate about their boats and it's awesome that there are still people willing to help anyone in need and we all know John is certainly in need. Thanks also to John because if it wasn't for him, none of this would've happened. Then there's the free lunch, dinner and beer!!!!!! John, call me when you get ready to do a water test. I want a ride in that thing. I am glad that you got the interior cleaned up. I felt kinda bad about a few stains that I'm sure were hard to get out but we did the best we could to keep it clean.

I had a great time getting to know all of you and even play with something different than a Chevy for once! I learned quite a bit. We gotta do that again!

Date Posted: February-19-2007 at 2:26pm
Holy Crap, I'm a senior member!!!!! No more Groupie!!!!

Posted By: 81nautique
Date Posted: February-19-2007 at 3:51pm
Looks like a pretty successful day. Let's see we got Wisconsin, N. Carolina, Ohio, Indiana and of course Florida represented there. Not a bad turnout.

-------------
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails

Posted By: The Lake
Date Posted: February-19-2007 at 5:30pm
Jbear,
It all looks good. I'm glad to see that there was a picture of you with a wrench in your hand, or was that finger nail clippers?

Can't wait to hear stories of how it runs.

Chuck

P.S. BKH, I'm with you, just waiting.

-------------
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=775&sort=&pagenum=3&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970 - 69 Ski Nautique

Posted By: Root
Date Posted: February-19-2007 at 6:07pm
Nice clean motor Jbear, guess I need to do that to mine one day, its still stock.

And that was awsome that all you guys, oh and blondie spent time to go help out

-------------
RootRacing

Date Posted: February-19-2007 at 6:22pm
Congrats Eddie...a groupie now. I got your prize, the radio control boat. I'll return it to ya when we do the test ride.

Chris; You were the MC as Eddie said. You do know your stuff, big time. As they say, facks is facks! You left your new boat book in my truck. You can get it when we take the test ride. You gotta go along with me and Eddie.

What a fun day. Who's next? I am in, at least to help clean up!

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Posted By: 79nautique
Date Posted: February-19-2007 at 7:05pm
I need to adjust the carb anyway and install the choke stat too. Be sure and change that before you take it out otherwise it's going to run like crap.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=756&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1979&yrend=1979 - 79 nautique

Date Posted: February-19-2007 at 7:35pm
I will go to Advance and pick one up before we go. It'll be easier to tweak the carb in the water anyhow, right?

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: February-19-2007 at 7:52pm
A few more..

Posted By: bkhallpass
Date Posted: February-19-2007 at 7:58pm
I don't know John. Looks like the graphics are getting pretty scratched up on the back, and when's the last time you oiled that swim step. Tell you what. If you finish up that choke work, I'll give you 3 grand for it BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Date Posted: February-19-2007 at 8:11pm
See "backfoot" taking a nap under the boat in pic #2..

Date Posted: February-19-2007 at 8:13pm
MM: I found 2 reciepts in the box of leftover parts. Both are from PBF Performance so I am guessing they are for my boat. Well also in there was a reciept for a fuel pump and an old pump but I figured they were yours.

The one with "jbear" on the top=$47.93
second one......................$36.44
total...........................$84.37

Sound right to you? Can I send ya a check or do you have pay-pal? Whichever is good for you.

Will it sound dumb to say "thanks" again? Doesn't seem like enough. Sure was fun tho, huh?

Hi to BlondieGurl please. She sure was a good sport about the whole day. Like mrs jbear, just happy to be around. Alth I can't imagine Patti jumpin' in the boat to scrape gaskets.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: February-19-2007 at 8:14pm
John;
Yupper, you want to adjust all that stuff on the water. Then you know the thing is dialed in.

Mark, those are some awesome pics. DAMN that engine looks nice!!!!

All;
Look at what Chris lookin' at on the second pic that MM just sent!!! That's cla$$ic!

Date Posted: February-19-2007 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

See "backfoot" taking a nap under the boat in pic #2..

HEY, I NEEDED A BREAK!!!!!

Date Posted: February-19-2007 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by backfoot100 backfoot100 wrote:

All;
Look at what Chris lookin' at on the second pic that MM just sent!!! That's cla$$ic!

haha..haha..haha! Think any one will notice if I grab that beer!!! haha..hahaha..haha

Date Posted: February-19-2007 at 8:29pm
Brian: Please you are killin' me. I know it looks bad. Parking outside is really puttin' the hurt on my graphics. I have never stored outside up till now. Same with the swim plat. Sun just eats the teak oil. So I leave it, then clean and teak just before we go somewhere. Just can't accecpt $3k for it tho. May look bad on the outside but has a killer motor. I used to be embarresed to raise my motor box, now I am braggin' on it.

Never noticed Eddie sacked out under the boat! Was a long day. Damn them points.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: February-19-2007 at 8:30pm
I was looking for a lost solder and that wasn't it no blue coolie. nice shot of ED acting like he was going to install the fake-a-lake, he just wanted to nap.

hell I don't work unless there is beer close by, mark and I where about 2 minutes away from poping a coldie at his place waiting for reid to get there hell had to send out a scout to fetch him the way it was.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=756&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1979&yrend=1979 - 79 nautique

Posted By: reidp
Date Posted: February-19-2007 at 8:45pm
Just got back in from Daytona and the races a few minutes ago. Had a rather disturbing message on my answering machine from Mark Martin. Apparently he's seen the picts posted here and is really upset, stating that if we'd put that effort and teamwork into his engine on Saturday afternoon, he'd won that race yesterday. Heartbreaking, but he'll/we'll get over it.

John called me this morning on the way back to give his sincere thanks to the guys for helping with this project. I hopefully didn't detract from the moment when I informed him that I was very confident that the rest of us enjoyed the day as much or more than he did. We were just looking for an excuse to get together and John provided. And it was even more fun helping someone like John. NEXT!!

-------------
ReidP
/diaries/details.asp?ID=231&yrstart=1971&yrend=1975 - 1973 Mustang

Date Posted: February-19-2007 at 8:54pm
Reid I was scream throw the yellow throw the yellow flag, Mark had a great run and it would have been nice to get the win, I was telling all my racing buddies mark's going to win with about 30 laps to go, oh so close.

-------------

Date Posted: February-19-2007 at 9:02pm
Mark shoulda took a little more of that stuff that used to sponser him...he'da had just that "little bit extra" needed to cross that line first.

Glad to hear ya made it safely. Hi to Laurie and pat them 2 great dogs on the head for me.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Posted By: JEFF KOSTIS
Date Posted: February-19-2007 at 9:19pm
    WOW!!! Jbear this is amazing!! I just opened the email ya sent and had to take a sec to check it out here!! I can just imagine the blast you had with the great CCfan crew. The engine looks great!! Super job!!

Jeff...

-------------
MUSTANG COUNTRY
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1074 - 1974 Mustang 17
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1093 - 1976 Mustang 17

Date Posted: February-19-2007 at 9:56pm
What day are you guys going to do that water test? If its on a day that we can make it, and I can steal my bros truck we would love to be there for that! Paypal sounds good just give me a call whenever!

You also have to cut one of those flame arresters down, and hook up the vacum hoses!                     

Date Posted: February-19-2007 at 10:10pm
you mean vent hoses right? the one vaccum hose is connected already and you're talking about the Fuel pump and breather hose right Mark?

-------------

Date Posted: February-19-2007 at 11:24pm
Water test probably won't be for a few weeks. Next couple Saturdays are spoken for. But I will let you know so maybe you and Keith can join us. Its a long ride over so you'll have to stay for something to eat and a cold one. Blondie too of course if she wants to come.
I remember about the flame arrestor. Gotta find a band saw. I have to do something with the hose as it is a different size at each end now. Gotta go to the parts store with the parts and see if they have some sort of adaptor.

Don't use pay-pal much. All I need is your e-mail I think right? I'll call ya to make sure of the amount and to make sure I do it right.

john

Chris: I have to adapt the vent hose from the fuel pump and the hose from the oil breather back to the arrestor is different at each end now. So I guess I gotta go to the parts store to see if I can get an adaptor.

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: February-20-2007 at 12:07am
yeah...thats what I meant, for those of you that dont know 79 let me tell you this, he can back up all the talk, when it came time do the work he went to town, and he really knows alot about these boats, He earned my respect, all you have to do is give him a few dozen buds and he works his a$$ off..

And if you ever need anything torqued to 125lbs, backfoot is your guy!

eveybody did what they did, and the end result is it turned out nice, and we had a great time doing it, its to bad we didn't get a chance to get the boats wet, but it got to late and way to cold(points suck)

Reid..Glad to see you made it home ok, that was a great race! I wanted mark martin to win it also!

jbear..thanks for lunch and dinner it really hit the spot, both times, Its was a good thing we found that leaky manifold when we did or you may have had big problems down the line!   

Posted By: Mojo
Date Posted: February-20-2007 at 9:04am
Well, at least now I know which guys make house calls hahahahaha..... Great job you guys !! Jbear, the motor looks awesome.. I'm sure you'll get the bugs worked out..

Chris, anytime you want to hang out up in Green for a week let me know

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: February-20-2007 at 9:13am
Dave thanks for the invite, so what is it you need done to your motor?

For those that haven't meet Dave and his family your missing out, quality people through and through

-------------

Date Posted: February-20-2007 at 10:27am
Hahaha Chris, I was hope'n you could do some work around the house.. Hell if all I have to do is feed you beers,,,,,,,. !!

I think you'll like the motor I've got in the new boat, other than the fuel leak, she runs out real nice.. It's everything else that needs help !!!

I hope you and your boy can make it back up to spend time in Green this summer.. We sure had a great time last year.. Thanks for the kind words about us "FIPS"... hahaha, hey congrats to the Colts again big guy...

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Posted By: Nautique2001
Date Posted: February-20-2007 at 10:40am
John,

It's great seeing all these pictures. Great group of gentlemen, wrenching away. Wish I had all that knowledge. Keep posting pics., John. Someday, I want a ride in that awesome boat!

Ken

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1052&sort=&pagenum=4&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - Nautique 2001

Posted By: Randy_in_Ohio
Date Posted: February-20-2007 at 10:52am
Nice job guys (and girl) Looks great! Sounds like you had a great time.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1602&yrstart=1991&yrend=1995" rel="nofollow - 1993 Sport Nautique

Date Posted: February-20-2007 at 9:46pm
Ken: I'll trade ya rides. I would really love to be back in your boat for a ride. Would bring back more awesome memories than you can ever imagine.

It is amazing how much these guys know, and how eager they are to share.

Eddie, 79 and MM: Looks like I am gonna get the boat wet this Sunday. If I don't go this weekend it'll be a month before I can get back to it and I can't wait that long. Once we get into March we will have company from up north every weekend as it is Spring Training. I will be home from Church about noon and will leave shortly there after to get the boat and head for Lake Shipp, unless you have a better option Eddie. Let me know if you wanna go guys.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: February-20-2007 at 10:01pm
jbear- You need to update your diaries listing to include a picture of that great looking engine. I can never believe how great your boat looks in the diary listings. You must really scrub on that thing.

-JMurph

-------------

Date Posted: February-20-2007 at 10:13pm
Thanks jmurph. I am not sure how to change pics in the Diaries. Those pics in there are from 3 years ago when I bought the boat. The guy I bought her from, Dixelegger from this site had her looking great. The interior is still sweet but if you look close in our motor pics you can see that parking her out in the Florida sun has taken its toll. 81 Nautique has shared the program for new graphics but to date I have not been able to work up the courage to take the sandpaper to her.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: February-21-2007 at 5:32am
Changing the pictures should be easy for the newest picture posting guru on this site.    Actually, you just need to click "Modify this post" in your diary listing and you should be able to add another picture from there.

-JMurph

-------------

Date Posted: February-21-2007 at 8:41am
John I can make it Sunday, did you get the choke stat we've got to have that otherwise it's going to be a short ride. I'll bring my vaccum gauge to set the carb and if Ed can make it and bring the timing lite I'd like to bump up the timing a little. I'll give you a call Saturday.

-------------

Date Posted: February-21-2007 at 10:02am
Sunday is good for us too, if I can get a truck, is it ok if I bring my boat? You need to make sure to get the right spark plugs also, the ones that are in it now may be to hot!

Date Posted: February-21-2007 at 10:08am
Tim you basicly have the same parts john does what plug are you using in yours?

-------------

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: February-21-2007 at 10:10am
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

You need to make sure to get the right spark plugs also, the ones that are in it now may be to hot!

The GT40p's use the same plug as the standard GT40's: Autolite 764

-------------

Date Posted: February-21-2007 at 2:37pm
I'm in guys. My In-Laws are in town for the week so I can't spend the whole day but a few hours will work out fine. I would rather be with you guys anyway!!! I can bring the timing lite and Lake Shipp would be fine. The canals going to the other lakes might be kinda low though. The last time I went through them on New Years, they were only about 1.5' deep by my depth finder. I have a friend with a Malibu that went through them about three weeks ago and they got through but they had to stay in the middle of the canal and they were churning up a lot of sand. He said that his depth finder didn't even register most of the time so they are low. We could also go to any other lake. I know quite a few of them. We can figure that out when we gwt there. Just let me know where and when to meet.

Date Posted: February-21-2007 at 9:08pm
Make sure I get a phone call once you get crankin. Those heads were hardly weened and I want to know that they're doing OK. Howard Lane, beautiful 70 red Mustang HM in Diaries, just bought a set today from the same company. I'm so wishing I could be there. But I'll be OK as hopefully I'll get to see Waterdog in Eastern NC this weekend. He got his new 86 Silver SN.   

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: February-21-2007 at 9:53pm
dude is in.

-------------
Mullet Free since 93
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=717&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1991&yrend=1995 - 95 Sport

Date Posted: February-21-2007 at 10:15pm
This is an awesome thread. It's great seeing all the pictures and all the work you guys did. It's even more inspiring to hear how you seem to enjoy each other's company and all the comraderie that comes from such an event. That's what makes this site so good. I'm glad to be a part of it. I hope I can make it to GL to actually meet some of you folks.

All the best to all of you. Jbear, you deserved this. It's great to see you on the receiving end--you've given so much to this group. All the best to all of you!

-------------
Mullet Free since 93

Date Posted: February-21-2007 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

....as hopefully I'll get to see Waterdog in Eastern NC this weekend....   

Reid,

Are you going to be at Lake Gaston this weekend?

-JMurph

-------------

Date Posted: February-21-2007 at 10:31pm
This is an awesome thread. It's great seeing all the pictures and all the work you guys did. It's even more inspiring to hear how you seem to enjoy each other's company and all the comraderie that comes from such an event. That's what makes this site so good. I'm glad to be a part of it. I hope I can make it to GL to actually meet some of you folks.

All the best to all of you. Jbear, you deserved this. It's great to see you on the receiving end--you've given so much to this group. All the best to all of you!

-------------
Mullet Free since 93

Date Posted: February-21-2007 at 10:36pm
JMurph, No, I'll be out in Washington, NC, which is just 20-30 minutes from Andy's (Waterdog) home. Trying to hook him up with a used set of exhaust manifolds to test on his new boat which has bad ones. Whirlwind trip.

In two more weeks we're headed back to Fla to pick up the new-to-us/used camper and haul it further south to Key West. This will also be our digs at GL.

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: February-21-2007 at 10:59pm
Guys: We are on then for Sunday. I should be at Lake Shipp by 1pm. Eddie you where that is. We'll be out for the afternoon but whenever you need to go back to the dock I'll drop ya. Bring your lite if you will please.

79: Shipp is the lake where the resturant where me you and Monique had lunch. Come over the same way you did last week but turn left at rt17 where 540 ends. Go up to the big Citgo where we met and turn left. Go over the tracks and turn right. Pa$$ the Harborside and the boat ramp is just up on your left. Think I showed it to you. I do not have the stater yet but will try to get to Advance tomorrow. We are gonna have to rig up those breather lines as well.

MM; Hell ya bring your boat. You can map quest me or call on the phone tomorrow (thrusday) nite. I would call you but I deleted your number again...senior moment. Can Blondie and Keith come?

Reid: You'll recieve the first cell call.

Gosh I hope that covers it.

john

Ps to Reid: Should I just pitch this old stuff in the dumpster?

Double Ps to Reid: You are gonna be back down here in 2 weeks? Cool. Gonna pick up that '70 from south of me? Gonna be able to visit? Wish I could hold off on the water test but I can't wait.

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: February-21-2007 at 11:24pm
Tim: Are ya saying I should get Autolite 764? I am not sure what the guys mean "to hot"

Dude: Get to GL. The chance to meet some people from here, like I have been lucky to do, will definatly be your pleasure! Wish I could be there to meet ya, but sadly I cannot make it AGAIN.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Posted By: M3Fan
Date Posted: February-22-2007 at 6:55am
Just to clarify here- 79 is flying down to Florida, twice, to help John with his engine?

Date Posted: February-22-2007 at 7:29am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Tim: Are ya saying I should get Autolite 764? I am not sure what the guys mean "to hot"

Yup, you want the Autolite 764's for those new heads. Thats what Im running on my GT40p's.

-------------

Posted By: gn6027
Date Posted: February-22-2007 at 8:03am
John,
Looks nice!! Must be nice to be retired and have a fist full of money to drop!! (I'm sure you deserve it.)

Glen

-------------
GN6027
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2562 - 1987 Ski Nautique 2001

Date Posted: February-22-2007 at 8:18am
Originally posted by The Dude The Dude wrote:

Dude, nice props to everyone on the board.. I really hope you can make GL this July.. We will have members from all over the country attending this great weekend event.. If you need any questions or need help or advise about the area, please don't hesitate to give me a shout.. (That goes for anyone else thinking about going).. Watch for the registration page to be posted soon for more details..

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: February-22-2007 at 8:50am
Regarding the spark plugs, as long as the auto parts store gave us the right ones, they are the 764s which were installed, as they were ordered specifically for a "'97-'01 Explorer". The Autolite book also stated that this was the preferred plug for an "Ultra High Perf Correct Craft Shade Tree Marine" engine.    

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: February-22-2007 at 9:39am
aren't the 764's the resistor version of the 24's, with the points ignition wouldn't 24's or 25"s be better?

John I'll call if I get lost. First thing to be fixed is the hose to the suction side of the RWP, they choke stat and then the hose's. Did Keith hook you up with the right size hose for the breather or do we need some? If you want I can get the choke stat for you and bring it got plenty of time on my hands.

-------------

Date Posted: February-22-2007 at 9:48am
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

aren't the 764's the resistor version of the 24's, with the points ignition wouldn't 24's or 25"s be better?

Im far from a plug expert, but the plug recommendations Ive gotten have been based purely on the heads and not the ignition system. As far as I know, the 24's are the recommended plug for the standard 240 hp heads whether used with points or EI. I know they worked fine for me with the Prestolite/EI conversion. They also worked fine with my DUI- I just opened up the gap per their instuctions.

SkiDIM/PCM recommend the 764's for all boats with the GT40 heads. They also cross reference to the 93 Mustang Cobra (GT40 heads) and 97+ 5.0 Explorer/Mountaineer (GT40p heads). Granted, all those run EI. They should still run fine on points, I would think.

-------------

Date Posted: February-22-2007 at 10:16am
25's, 764 or xp104's will all work

-------------

Date Posted: February-22-2007 at 11:59am
The 24's /25's will not thread into gt40p heads, they have a different plug seat configuration . Do not try to force them to get the plug started, you could damage the threads on the heads. The plugs are not inter-changable from one head style to the other.

-------------

Posted By: gn6027
Date Posted: February-22-2007 at 5:05pm
John,
   Lookin' nice!! I have to agree that the rear decal is looking a little rough. So unlike you to allow that!!

Glen

-------------
GN6027
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2562 - 1987 Ski Nautique 2001

Date Posted: February-22-2007 at 8:18pm
Chris: I do not have the correct size for the breather hose. I also do not have an Advanced Auto parts close enough to get to while I am working. So if you wanna go ahead and pick up the stat that would be cool. I am totally confused as to the plugs. We might have the correct ones in if I am reading Reid correctly. I can't just pull one to check as the boat is not at home. Then I am thinking we might have the wrong ones from the sound of Alan's post. Remember Eddie had a hard time cranking in the one side (imagine Eddie having a hard time crankin' on something!" so maybe we do have the wrong ones.

Hey Glen: It is nice to be retired and have friends that will help you by spending whole Saturday on your boat at the drop of a hat. Don't know about the money, ya never have enough. I am not feeling to good about the stern or the rest of the graphics for that matter.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: February-22-2007 at 8:33pm
John, I think that they are the right plugs. The threads were corroded and thats why I had trouble getting the plugs in. We used a thread chaser to clean them out and plugs went in real nice then.

Date Posted: February-22-2007 at 8:36pm
the threading issue was the paint, Ed chased the threads and then they went in easy from what I remembered. We can but a piece of tape over the breather for the day if needed. I need to measure the breathers tube to get the right size hose. If you still have the box the valve covers came in check and see if it states what hose size is for the breather and I'll grap a piece of hose for it.

-------------

Date Posted: February-22-2007 at 8:43pm
If we need to, there is a West Marine five minutes from the launch. I'm sure that they would have the right hose. I'm not sure if they're open on Sun. If I think about it I'll call them tomorrow to check.

Date Posted: February-22-2007 at 8:49pm
the hose isn't a big deal. I'll bring my belt sander and that should take care of modify the flame arrestor. Let's see what john comes up with first.

John did you get those from summit it might be listed in the descripetion what size hose it takes.

-------------

Date Posted: February-22-2007 at 8:53pm
I am talking to MM on the phone right now. He and his bro and Blondie are coming over on Sunday with his boat. We are gonna have some fun again.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: February-22-2007 at 8:55pm
you got the ford racing covers right john?

just checked summit and it's a 5/8" hose so I'll pick up a piece of it along with the choke stat tomorrow.

-------------

Date Posted: February-22-2007 at 9:19pm
Correct on the covers.

Pick up what we need and put it on my tab.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: February-22-2007 at 9:41pm
I dont move my boat on the road more then 1/2 mile to the ramp and back, so I guess I will need to go get my new tag and sticker, its been expired since october!   

Posted By: 87BFN owner
Date Posted: February-22-2007 at 9:45pm
just tell them your selling it and they will leave you alone so long as they don't keep catching driving on an expired tag.

-------------
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s95/buckethead1236/Barefooter6-10-09002.jpg" rel="nofollow - MY 87BFN

Date Posted: February-22-2007 at 9:47pm
Yeah...thats a good one!

Date Posted: February-22-2007 at 9:50pm
Take the plate off Keith's boat.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Posted By: 87BFN owner
Date Posted: February-22-2007 at 9:51pm
works here, especially if you have someone else with you that you can say is test driving the boat because they are buying. That's why I keep a for sale sing with me at all times. Just for times like this. I don't try to get away with things but sometimes you don't know your going to do something until you do it and and the DMV isn't open on the week ends.

Plus we have trailer plates for life now, pay once and it is good as long as you have the trailer.

-------------
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s95/buckethead1236/Barefooter6-10-09002.jpg" rel="nofollow - MY 87BFN

Date Posted: February-22-2007 at 10:48pm

you got the ford racing covers right john?

just checked summit and it's a 5/8" hose so I'll pick up a piece of it along with the choke stat tomorrow.

Chris, I bought the same covers john did and I just measured the breather tube. You would need a 1/2" ID hose, does that mean a 5/8 OD would work ? Dunno. Unless it came with a different breather. Hose is cheap, I'd buy a length of each. Just use the spare hose to make beer bong.

-------------

Date Posted: February-23-2007 at 10:32am
I just looked at the instruction sheet on summit and two listing said 5/8" hose doesn't have to be really tight it's just a vent, but I'll pick up both it's cheap no longer than we'll need. Isn't the tube on the arrestors 5/8"?

Thanks for the input Allan.

-------------

Date Posted: February-23-2007 at 10:55am

I just looked at the instruction sheet on summit and two listing said 5/8" hose doesn't have to be really tight it's just a vent, but I'll pick up both it's cheap no longer than we'll need. Isn't the tube on the arrestors 5/8"?

Thanks for the input Allan.

I think so- the 5/8" fitting on the arrestor seems to be standard. I want to say the breather on my new Ford Racing valve covers is smaller- probably 1/2" like Alan said.

-------------

Date Posted: February-23-2007 at 11:26am
well then I'm just going to get the 1/2" hose then it will fit over the 5/8" arrestor fitting just have to install that end first.

-------------

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: February-23-2007 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Just use the spare hose to make beer bong.

This is bad advice. I tried making a beer helmet with fuel line, that black rubber taste was overwhelmingly horrible.

-------------

Date Posted: February-23-2007 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

This is bad advice. I tried making a beer helmet with fuel line, that black rubber taste was overwhelmingly horrible.

Was the fuel line new or used?

-------------

Date Posted: February-23-2007 at 1:11pm

You sure it wasn't the coors lite?

-------------

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: February-23-2007 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Was the fuel line new or used?

New

You sure it wasn't the coors lite?
light. Smart marketing by Miller, I see this happen quite frequently.

I think it was Busch Light actually. Coors Light out of a Citgo toilet would still taste better than Bud Light.

-------------

Posted By: M3Fan
Date Posted: February-23-2007 at 1:29pm

Coors Light out of a Citgo toilet would still taste better than Bud Light.

Word. Bud Light is swill.

Date Posted: February-23-2007 at 2:02pm
Bud light is 90% water and sometimes you need that water in the hot sun!!

Date Posted: February-23-2007 at 2:06pm
MGD but if it's free I'll drink about anything...but not out of a toilet

-------------

Date Posted: February-23-2007 at 2:31pm
Hollybeechwood, You'll drink Busch Light but condemn Bud light? That's like spitting on a Vega as you tool by in a Chevette. And why all the talk about lights to begin with? Over the years I believe I drank enuf Coors,Bud,Busch,Miller light to fill a Citgo tanker, but I graduated and moved on to beer with much more flavor that gave me incredible headaches and hangovers. I graduated, I just didn't learn a whole lot. How bout a Blue Moon?

Oh, and we thread-jacked Jbears post to bash beer, and guess what he drinks? Yep, Bud Lt.

-------------
ReidP

Posted By: JoeinNY
Date Posted: February-23-2007 at 2:39pm
Yall drink your blue moon with a slice of orange down there or is that just a northern thing?

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO5MkcBXBBs - Holeshot Video

Print Page | Close Window