Subject: Foam removal
Date Posted: January-31-2007 at 7:45am

This tool saves hours, it buzzes trough the foam and the you shop vac the mess

-------------
"the things you own will start to own you"

Replies:
Posted By: eric lavine
Date Posted: January-31-2007 at 9:55am
I dont care what anybody says, foam is a catalyst for rot, yeah sure the foam is dry but the first half inch between the hull and foam is soaked, it always is. Im in a bad mood cause that tool bit my hand, my pants are soaked, my knees hurt im covered in foam want to hear more   ERIC

-------------

Posted By: PLBC
Date Posted: January-31-2007 at 10:31am
I want to hear more.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5164&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow - 99

Posted By: The Lake
Date Posted: January-31-2007 at 10:43am
Me too

-------------
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=775&sort=&pagenum=3&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970 - 69 Ski Nautique

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: January-31-2007 at 10:50am
I want to SEE

-------------

Posted By: Mojo
Date Posted: January-31-2007 at 11:45am
Man that thing looks like it will tear your hand off, let alone bite !!! Hope you're OK Eric and can continue on with this project...

Want to do mine next???

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Posted By: 79nautique
Date Posted: January-31-2007 at 12:57pm
Eric quit your bitch'n nothing's easy if you want it to be right.

I'm with you on the foam, I guess if I was going to use it (foam) I would use channels under it, say a inch gap or so between the hull and foam so that the water has a place to get back in to the bilge or dry out without soaking into the foam. Simmular to what they do to vent roofs when spraying insulation between the rafters.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=756&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1979&yrend=1979 - 79 nautique

Date Posted: January-31-2007 at 1:09pm
I limit this sh*t to once a year and the problem is I forget how much I hate doing it, there definitly needs to be some type of air barrier in there for the water

-------------

Date Posted: January-31-2007 at 1:25pm
why couldn't you take a spade or shovel and take it out in big chunks, maybe use a saw blade and run around the edges first to loosen it first?

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=756&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1979&yrend=1979 - 79 nautique

Date Posted: January-31-2007 at 4:43pm
the tight corners that tool works great, well I found where correct craft puts thier scraps of wood. I also use a 15 sawz-all blade on the saw and buzz through it,
the stink got so bad I had to crack one and call it a day

-------------

Posted By: 62 wood
Date Posted: January-31-2007 at 5:06pm
Eric,

by the look of that wire wheel ,you should look like a porcupine! Gotta be a messy job.....Enjoy your "cool one"..

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1117&sort=&pagenum=6" rel="nofollow - 64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: January-31-2007 at 8:08pm
hard parts done, it kicked my a$$ though, thats a smell that you dont forget, 62 that porcupine got my thumb real good, it rips flesh like it rips the foam. I ended up taking 9 trash cans to the dumpster.
man im down to bare metal, and its time to let it dry for a week or so
Mojo NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ask me next january   lol eric

-------------

Posted By: 87BFN owner
Date Posted: January-31-2007 at 9:26pm
sounds like I got it in just in time ah Eric. Sorry the tool bit you, because I know it's my boat that made it bite you.

Eric how far up were the stringers rotted? Just wondering as we were both guessing how far the rot actually went.

-------------
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s95/buckethead1236/Barefooter6-10-09002.jpg" rel="nofollow - MY 87BFN

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: January-31-2007 at 10:38pm
Lets See: 87BFN this year, Mojo in January '08, can I get in line for January of '09?

Unless I can get Scott to do it earlier.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Date Posted: February-01-2007 at 7:27am

-------------

Date Posted: February-01-2007 at 7:28am
BFN... definitely in the 90 percentile, give me a call, your shaft   definitly borderline, the coupling wobbles on the end of the shaft,Ill measure the shaft and check for runout. the coupling is softer and thats what will wear (probably slight mis alignment over time) the trans is a 10-18
the shaft in the strut.... hooker at a convention....definitly had some driveline issues

-------------

Posted By: The Lake
Date Posted: February-01-2007 at 8:18am
Eric,

Sledge Hammer? That foam is tougher than I thought

Chuck

-------------
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=775&sort=&pagenum=3&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970 - 69 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: February-01-2007 at 10:24am
multi purpose wrench, he has a brother and that ones called the heat wrench

-------------

Date Posted: February-01-2007 at 12:58pm
Whats worse than hitting your thumb with that wheel, hitting it with a hammer the next day, got it wrapped in gauze, always in a hurry

-------------

Posted By: JMurph
Date Posted: February-01-2007 at 1:33pm
Eric....that's awesome. Keep the photos coming if it's not too much trouble.

Sorry to hear about the injuries.

-JMurph

-------------

Date Posted: February-01-2007 at 3:17pm
I thought you meant me hitting my finger was awesome...I'll post some more

-------------

Date Posted: February-01-2007 at 4:54pm
BFN, checked the runout on the shaft, laser straight until i get to the taper after the strut, Im getting .030 not even close to being good and you really can't straghten them when thier bent at the taper, did this thing vibrate? you better get one on order along with the prop coupling and prop. the shaft is a 1 inch, overall is 40 inches, flat and 1/4 inch keys, I'll handle the bushing as we discussed. you may also want to think about a dripless too. call me tommorow       Eric

-------------

Date Posted: February-01-2007 at 6:00pm
Eric I will call you around 10, and see what we can do about sume parts for that thing. I am going to call acme tomarrow about a prop. Sorry to hear about your finger again. Aparently the bfn doesn't like to be torn apart. Don't worry it gets better once it realizes your trying to fix it.

It split 2 of my knuckles wide open trying to get the water pump off when I changed it. Talk to you tomarrow. To answer your question, yes the last month of the season it did vibrate slightly, but you really had to look for it, was not very noticeable.

-------------
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s95/buckethead1236/Barefooter6-10-09002.jpg" rel="nofollow - MY 87BFN

Posted By: GottaSki
Date Posted: February-02-2007 at 9:51am

-------------
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole

Posted By: scott8370
Date Posted: February-02-2007 at 11:58am
The gloves would prevent alot of cuts and scratches.....I never could get used to wearing them.

-------------
Scott

Date Posted: February-02-2007 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

I thought you meant me hitting my finger was awesome...

Sorry about that!

-------------

Posted By: Barracuda
Date Posted: February-02-2007 at 2:05pm
I love seeing the wide array of tools used when people remove stringes and foam from their boats- one guy had his entire garden shed in the boat- hoe and all.
Next person who posts stringer removal pictures should try a chainsaw and a log splitter, maybe one of those Hilti electric jack hammers for good measure

-------------
Former:
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=759" rel="nofollow - '86 Nautique
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=507" rel="nofollow - '65 Barracuda

Date Posted: February-02-2007 at 5:11pm
Hey Eric I have a Hilti hammer drill if you would like to try it? Hope things are going better today then the past couple of days.

Was wondering, you said the main stringers were pretty good up front. Did you find a spot to tie into them, or are we still replacing the whole thing. If it's questionable I would rather just replace it, that way it wont rot the new stuff.

-------------

Date Posted: February-02-2007 at 7:04pm
[IMG]http://i124.ph

-------------

Date Posted: February-02-2007 at 7:15pm

-------------

Date Posted: February-02-2007 at 7:16pm

-------------

Date Posted: February-02-2007 at 7:28pm
Bfn, from the grey forward is rock solid on the 3rd picture, from the grey back the main stringer is the same size as the front, the reason its so wide is that there is foam gla$$ed in next to the main stringer for engine clearance, I have yet to dig into that yet but i know its wet if you notice i poked a hole through the foam on the second picture by the cord on sawz-all. did i mention my water test policy? I test for the entire summer to make sure everythings all right (safety policy) dont worry the that policy doesnt cost anything extra   lol   eric

-------------

Date Posted: February-02-2007 at 8:28pm
scary site to see it all ripped up like that. But I know it will look good when it's done.

-------------

Posted By: sterlingmermaid
Date Posted: February-03-2007 at 6:50am
Wire wheel works great I am also on my 9th garbage bag full of foam. Are you replacing the stingers of pouring seacast in the void? Have you cut the whole floor open?

-------------
tk

Date Posted: February-03-2007 at 6:57am
Do you suggest cutting the air box out in front of the drivers seat to get to the front bulkhead?

-------------
tk

Date Posted: February-03-2007 at 7:52am
Tk, hopefully you have the boat sitting on the trailer supported, as for digging into the airbox, if its rotted, yes. dont pull good teeth and replace with dentures... see whick way im going? I;ll remove all the wet material on the outboard side of the stringers and replace with 3/4 laminated together so i can follow the curves of the inners. if you run into a snag call me 877-369-6693. eric

-------------

Date Posted: February-03-2007 at 11:19am
Eric getting ready to go to the mailbox to drop that check in the mail. I made it out to fantastic finish Marine I hope that is what you wanted.

-------------

Date Posted: February-03-2007 at 9:27pm
When you say 3/4 laminated together, I am not sure I am following you

-------------
tk

Date Posted: February-04-2007 at 10:30am
I may take it and stack it to accomadate the width instead of the foam, it will give structural support and also allow me to attach the uprights for the floor, then gla$$ it all in, go to bfns post i put more pictures up

-------------

Date Posted: February-04-2007 at 3:44pm
what do you think about pourable stingers???? When you do the stringers I would love to seepictures to understand better
tkenny@charter.net

-------------
tk

Date Posted: February-05-2007 at 7:47am
wood has grain and is less likely to crack in half, if anything its a good filler, another good product is called long and strong, it is a waterproof filler with gla$$ strands in it, I'll post pictures every step. the biggest thing is if you try to put it back the way it was you'll aggravate yourself, they slap these things together. I'll lay everything out and chalkline everything with a slight slop inward ....... measure 10 times cut once

-------------

Date Posted: February-11-2007 at 5:22pm

-------------

Date Posted: February-11-2007 at 5:23pm

-------------

Date Posted: February-11-2007 at 5:23pm

-------------

Date Posted: February-11-2007 at 5:24pm

-------------

Date Posted: February-11-2007 at 5:25pm

-------------

Date Posted: February-11-2007 at 5:33pm
BFN, from this point on all the rotted areas are out all the way to the bulkhead near the air box, I'll replace all the plastic pvc with 3' stainless and use true 2x4 rough cut hard wood, for the struts and uprights and floor im using 3/4 marine ply. the total number of rotted wood and saturated foam came too 12 garbage cans... probably 800lbs.
Everything pictured is rock solid, just a little dirty, after all done in the engine compartment I'll use white 2 part epoxy bedliner limiting to 2 coats to avoid build up and we'll go from there.....you still want to sell her for 5 grand?
   Eric

-------------

Date Posted: February-11-2007 at 8:32pm
There is several different foams available from different suppliers, the foams range from boyancy foams to structural foams, of coarse the boyant foams are simply for flotation and down the line there is structural in which you could pour it and shape it then gla$$ over it as in the case with the stringers and front floor and compartment on BFN's boat. Do some reading on the foams that are available for a better understanding of thier uses and applications

-------------

Date Posted: February-11-2007 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

.....you still want to sell her for 5 grand?
   Eric

Sold! After you pay Eric of course.

-------------

Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 12:06am
it was for sale for 5k before eric got a hold of it. Now that it's down there and the work is being done. Someone will have to wait to get the key to it when they pry it from my cold dead hands.

I was only going to sell before the work started. Not anymore I made the leap and now I will keep her forever. If I do look at getting another boat, it will be just that. Me getting another boat to sit along side this one.

Eric it looks great so far, were you talking to me about reading up on the foam types? I am going to try to give you a call sometime this week, so we can talk and you can inform me of any choices I going to need to make. Did you get the check I sent you.

-------------

Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 6:21am
Eric, What is the going rate to replace stingers and re fibergla$$ the floor including new foam

-------------
tk

Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 7:41am
to people off the street? or to friends and family?

-------------

Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 7:43am
BFN was reffering to everyone on the foam, cdall me when you get a chance

-------------

Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 7:12pm
Eric do you think a set of hitek manifolds would fit under the motor box with out nay mods to it? Would the exhaust hose bend enough to make it to the hi tek outlet? I am thinking so but Just thought I would ask your imput. Looking like you will hear from on wednesday, so far no plans for that day yet.

-------------

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: February-13-2007 at 8:03am
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

Eric do you think a set of hitek manifolds would fit under the motor box with out nay mods to it? Would the exhaust hose bend enough to make it to the hi tek outlet? I am thinking so but Just thought I would ask your imput. Looking like you will hear from on wednesday, so far no plans for that day yet.

87, I replied to your question in the Hitek thread. When I spoke to Allen a year ago, he a$$ured me that the Hiteks are drop-in replacements for the stock PCM manifolds. They should require no more space, so there should be no problem with the motorbox.

-------------

Date Posted: February-13-2007 at 10:10am
I could widen the compartment if i had to, but like TR said they fit right in place, the motor box is wide along with the extra space next to the stringers,
I laid in the first strut and gla$$ed it in, I forgot how much this sh*t itches.

-------------

Date Posted: February-13-2007 at 4:10pm
sounds good Eric, your right though, TR say no need for mods so that is good. Sorry about the itching, that's why I hate insulation.

Eric are you still going to gla$$ and seal the marine plywood? Bet it was nice not having to do the main stringers.

-------------

Date Posted: February-13-2007 at 7:24pm
I had to dig all the wet foam out next to the stringers but the wood itself is solid, its just about dry, I also dug up some cracked areas and found more water and some rotted wood, I have to gla$$ down the sides of the stringers also. yes, gla$$ing the marine plywood.

-------------

Date Posted: February-14-2007 at 6:56am
What year is the boat you are working on? I see you have fibergla$$ support from side to side every so many feet that appear to have been gla$$ed in between the stringers. Were the stringers one piece front to back? My 85 doesn't have that. Is that the newer design. Any new pictures?

-------------
tk

Date Posted: February-14-2007 at 9:16am
Tk, where are you buying all of your materials? gotta couple good places if you have interest, how much are you paying per gallon of resin?
I'll have some more pics soon, the stringers are not one piece, the 2 in the back tie into 3 right by the drivers seat and the struts tie them in

-------------

Posted By: JoeinNY
Date Posted: February-14-2007 at 11:02am
I have not forgotten how much that sh*t itches, takes about two years for me to forget that I swore I would never take a grinder to a fibergla$$ boat again.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO5MkcBXBBs - Holeshot Video

Date Posted: February-14-2007 at 5:07pm
I haven't purchased any materials yet. I had the boat for sale but no bites yet so I do a little every Saturday and pretty soon I will take the boat off the market and keep it. What year is the boat you have pictured? I am wondering it it is better to put this one back together the way it was or do the stingers in sections like your boat

-------------
tk

Date Posted: February-14-2007 at 6:42pm
Eric sorry I missed calling you today. Had a guy I know call me to plow some snow for him. Was up all last night, got home just in time to change clothes and head to work. NO snow expected tonight so tomarrow should be a safe bet. I don't want you thinking I am question your work. I was just wondering about gla$$ing the marine plywood, because I wasn't sure that the marine plywood would take the gla$$. Just trying to learn.

Sterlingmermaid, the boat Eric is working on is my 1987 Barefooter.

-------------

Date Posted: February-14-2007 at 6:52pm
bigger ,better, stronger thats all you need to think BFN, you can get away at the factory with cutting back on materials, im using 3/4 everywhere in place of the 1/2" they used. the driver seat will be sitting on 3/4 instead of 3/16" gla$$. on the supports i have true 2x4 poplar. I have 1 strut in place and was letting some one kick it because they said I wont be able to cut it because it will wobble. I'll take some pics once i have the 3 front struts in and tied to the stringers. on the fourth picture you can see the thickness of the floor and that went right to the pole, they poured foam and then gla$$ed over it. you can also see the 1/2 x 1" strips they put in for support

-------------

Posted By: 65 'cuda
Date Posted: February-14-2007 at 6:58pm
Eric, did you get the pics I e-mailed today?

-------------
Gary

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=941" rel="nofollow - 1965 Barracuda SS

Date Posted: February-14-2007 at 7:01pm
Gary sure did, looks like someone went to town on that coupling, I couldnt print them so if you could send them to
mandy4037@windstream.net
Eric

-------------

Date Posted: February-15-2007 at 5:02pm
Eric was good talking to you today, looking forward to seeing the new pics of your hard work. Let me know when you get a chance on the size of the riser outlet. I am sure it is OD that they want but both would be nice just incase. Thanks again.

-------------

Date Posted: February-16-2007 at 8:35am
BFN... 3 inches    
You know they make a growth pill....

I measured they are 3"

-------------

Date Posted: February-16-2007 at 4:37pm
Eric thanks, just to be sure that's OD measurement right?

-------------

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: February-16-2007 at 8:10pm
87, Ill let Eric confirm, but it should be. As far as I can tell, exhaust tubing (hard, like stainless) is listed by outside diameter, while exhaust hose (soft) is listed by inside diameter. A Nautique dealer told me all the 351w and 454 dual exhaust boats came with 3" hose.

-------------

Posted By: 2_Nautiques
Date Posted: February-16-2007 at 8:32pm
Eric, just reading through this thread I noticed that you said that you were going to use hardwood for the stringers. Then read on a little farther and noticed that you said that you were going to use Poplar. I was glad to read that. I have seen some bad experiences when trying to epoxy "white oak". Epoxy does not adhere well to white oak although white oak is very strong and weather resistant hardwood. Just my $.02 don't mean to butt in, looks like you do fine work.

-------------

http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1160" rel="nofollow - 1988 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: February-17-2007 at 8:09am
nice catch 2 nautiques, poplar seems to work well for anything structural, it is on the lower end of hardwoods with a nice grain and excepts and absorbs the resin well. if i was replacing the main stringers oak would be a good choice due to the large grain and ridgity. someone asked about composite stringers and i spoke with a well known surveyor from my area and i asked him what he thought about them, he said he hates them, i left it at that.... we were on our 5th one and i forgot to ask him why.
BFN hose I.D 3.00 exhaust O.D 3.00

-------------

Date Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:56am

port stringer, I will fill with strucural foam then gla$$ it into the original shape of the stringers

-------------

Date Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:57am

Port side tied in, its a messy job and a very itchy job, tommorow i will tie in the floor support struts with 2x4 poplar following my original floor line, then foam. one of the last steps is foaming because you foam one compartment at a time and cut the excess and put in the next compartmant to eliminate waiste. battery box is foamed into place with temporary wood to locate, i will set floor on top then gla$$ in and make a spaceless cover

-------------

Date Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:57am

foamed in 316 surgical grade 3" tube instead of the thin crushed plastic tube for air vents, notice small clear tube for battery drain. also using white pvc for negative and positve cables, opted not to use stainless for the cables due to fire hazard and cables shorting. on the main cable and wire harness tube you can get away with the stainless

-------------

Date Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:58am

3/4 mpw tieing all stringers and gla$$ed also water checked to a$$ure no lekage between compartments. The green underneath that you see is a filler called Long and strong it is used to fill the voids where the old wood was, not pretty but it serves a purpose, I also ran 3" flexible aluminum tube from the airbox to the three pipes on the left, originally in there was flexible plastic blower plastic which was all rotted and crushed from the foam expansion, the flexible aluminum holds its shape with the foam

-------------

Date Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:58am

front strut supports, these will be chalklined to original floor line and cut to tie into 3/4 floor which originally the floor sat on the foam attached to nothing. this area is the most important part of the boat, it ties all the stringers in and makes the boat very rigid and solid, I am deviating from factory to make the boat stronger than original. i had a marine surveyor take a peek at it and he basically said that i was building a tank. the only weight difference will be a total of 4 sheets of plywood and possibly a difference will be noticed.
i calculated probably 200lbs of wet foam was removed when dis-a$$embled

-------------

Date Posted: February-18-2007 at 12:05pm
Eric that looks great, I am glad to see it going back together. Can't wait to have it back home again. It feels like something is missing with out it being in the garage.

-------------

Date Posted: February-18-2007 at 12:35pm
eric I a$$uming that the pictures are reverse of the order that they where performed?

-------------

Date Posted: February-18-2007 at 12:37pm
Its not pretty now but it will be when its done

-------------

Date Posted: February-18-2007 at 12:43pm
79... the second picture is how it looks at this point   eric

-------------

Date Posted: February-18-2007 at 12:50pm
makes sense, so you did the tubing for the wires and cross members in the bow first, guess you would have to to tie in the stringer. It's coming along nicely. I notice that your and skibum's? resin is red are you adding a die or is it just that color, What I have seen is more of a clear to yellowish color.

-------------

Date Posted: February-18-2007 at 12:54pm
its a yellow color, when you apply to the old gla$$ its highlighted from the old gla$$, I but all of my gla$$ing materials out of St. Pete, including the foams

-------------

Date Posted: February-18-2007 at 1:00pm

this is a tight woven 18 ounce matte, very good for all around gla$$ing repairs, the roll is about 12" in diameter and weighs roughly 30lbs., in the background is the aluminum flex used for connecting the air box to the vent tubes

-------------

Date Posted: February-19-2007 at 12:24am
Eric good thing your not closer or you would have to charge extra for the owner sitting around watching, learning, trying to help when he wasn't at work.

-------------

Posted By: hasbeenskier
Date Posted: February-19-2007 at 7:31am
Looking good Eric. Are you getting your materials From Fibergla$$ Coatings?

-------------
hasbeenskier

Date Posted: February-19-2007 at 9:14am
BFN..... the pictures are a better tool to learn and they keep a man honest...that really isnt your boat,there pictures i saved from another one

hasbeen, yes they are customer service oriented they dont specialize in 1000 different things. If you have a question they have the answer. when you buy something you go to one place that specializes in it that way you dont get a line of bull crap. I'll post the number for anyone that may need it
Eric

-------------

Date Posted: February-19-2007 at 10:57am
well from the looks of that other guys boat he was real happy when you were done with it Eric.

-------------

Date Posted: February-21-2007 at 4:13pm
Not to bug you or anything Eric. Might you have any new pics for us, of your hard work.

-------------

Date Posted: February-21-2007 at 7:58pm
The boat caught up with me today, i did take pics but im too lazy to post, im not use to hard labor, i didnt even stop for lunch and 5:00 oclock hit and it was lights out, for sure tommorow
   Eric

-------------

Date Posted: February-21-2007 at 9:03pm
Eric you hvae those days every once in awhile. Just try not to have to many they will wear you out. PLus it means one of two things. Either you liked what your were doing so much you just kept right on going. The other is you hate it some much you just want to get it over with.

-------------

Date Posted: February-21-2007 at 10:03pm
Eric,
The project is really looking good. Can you tell me more about that long and strong product? Is it a filler with fibergla$$ strands in it? Thanks Scott

-------------
Scott

Date Posted: February-22-2007 at 9:52am
Yes, its a filler with strands of gla$$ in it, its great for filling voids and the after you apply the long and strong you can go to Duragla$$ which has no gla$$ in it, the durgla$$ is nice for shaping and molding
   Eric

-------------

Date Posted: February-22-2007 at 6:22pm
Thanks Eric. Do you know if gelcote can be applied over those two materials? Scott

-------------
Scott

Date Posted: February-22-2007 at 6:37pm
how about them pictures you promised Eric?

-------------

Date Posted: February-23-2007 at 7:25am
I'll finish off with resin but yes you could put gel over it, after you epoxy primer and sand          Eric

-------------

Date Posted: February-23-2007 at 7:37am

-------------

Date Posted: February-23-2007 at 7:38am

-------------

Date Posted: February-23-2007 at 7:38am