Forum Name: Boat Maintenance
Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=51189
Printed Date: May-15-2024 at 8:47am

Topic: Garden hose adapter
Posted By: ultrarunner
Subject: Garden hose adapter
Date Posted: June-16-2023 at 10:45pm
Anyone have a pic of their DIY hose adapter setup?

Thanks,

Mark

Replies:
Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: June-16-2023 at 11:13pm
Here you go- It's on my VDrive but will work the same on a DD

https://ibb.co/9pxDqVd" rel="nofollow">

https://imgbb.com/" rel="nofollow">

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Posted By: MrMcD
Date Posted: June-17-2023 at 2:28am
There is a discussion on this site about the Timmy T,  Tim Benjamin actually listed exactly what parts you need and how to do it.  TRBENJ   I added it to my 95 several years ago works well.

-------------

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: June-17-2023 at 8:54am
In recent years I’ve mixed it up a little by swapping out the npt-ght adapter and garden hose valve for a short hose bib and f-f ght coupler. The valve/lever seem a little beefier. I zip tie a male threaded cap on a lanyard- keeps me from losing the gasket.

Only thing I’ll add is to try and keep the tee at a high point, ideally it will fill and prime the rwp rather than drain directly out the pick up first.

Posted By: gun-driver
Date Posted: June-17-2023 at 10:56pm
Seems like Tims always fiddling with his hose. 😂

Posted By: ultrarunner
Date Posted: June-20-2023 at 8:16pm
Yep, up higher is better. This is fine for now. I did put in a quick disconnect adapter, which works well. If I were to plumb it again, and I had the need to run it more when on the trailer, I'd put in a shut-off valve above the WR pick-up to prevent what Tim pointed out.

Posted By: 2001SAN
Date Posted: June-22-2023 at 2:31am
Wouldn't it be better to fit after the water filter? Just asking as I bought the bits but haven't fitted yet.

D

-------------
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing...

2001 Super Air Nautique
1989 Fairline Corniche 31

www.bannrivercruises.co.uk

Date Posted: June-22-2023 at 11:57am
The order of the 2 is relatively inconsequential in terms of cooling performance- but 2 factors to consider are:
1. If tee is before strainer, then strainer could be used to confirm water line to rwp is flowing or full.
2. Strainer can use either straight or 90° fittings, so can be used strategically for routing purposes. All the tee’s I’ve found are straight through, would love to find one L (or F?) shaped.

Posted By: Tomrupp
Date Posted: June-22-2023 at 4:31pm
When in the driveway, I fill a 5 Gallon bucket, put the garden hose in it full blast. I’ve got a helper. Even at idle, my 5 gallons plus the hose gift are completely gone in about 90 seconds with my intake hose submerged. I’m wondering if the typical garden hose is giving enough water to keep your cooling parts happy with this adapter setup.

-------------
Tom
94 Ski Nautique Open Bow 351 with Carb
95 Double Decker Aqua Patio with 50hp Honda (3 carbs).

Date Posted: June-22-2023 at 4:37pm
They are.

At idle, no load, the pump will try to pull more water than the hose can provide- and that’s ok.

Posted By: pjsmoreno
Date Posted: June-23-2023 at 9:00am
Love the pic of the big block Chevy! Nice and clean looking.

Posted By: psherwin
Date Posted: September-18-2023 at 5:13pm
I still use the toilet plunger thing through the pick up. Does that give it enough water?

-------------
'86 Martinique,351 PCM

Posted By: KENO
Date Posted: September-18-2023 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by psherwin psherwin wrote:

I still use the toilet plunger thing through the pick up. Does that give it enough water?

Sure, as long as it doesn't fall down and start watering the driveway Wink

Print Page | Close Window