Forum Name: Off Topic
Forum Discription: Anything non-Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50460
Printed Date: April-20-2024 at 9:47am

Topic: Who Has Had the "VID"
Posted By: Jonny Quest
Subject: Who Has Had the "VID"
Date Posted: January-28-2022 at 1:28pm
Everyone at the Quest Compound tested "positive" for COVID this week. All fully-vaccinated.  Damn.  I feel like a truck hit me.  I was patting myself on the back, previously, for having escaped the "VID".  No more.

I'm now a statistic.

How are y'all doing?

JQ

-------------
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum

Replies:
Posted By: rebel skier
Date Posted: January-28-2022 at 4:21pm
I got it in September right as I was making some progress getting back into the slalom course.  Really only felt bad for 2 days, but had a 3 week cough that got worse anytime I exerted myself.  

I rode to the lake to help friends buy a boat.  Both fully vaccinated.  The wife got it first, then the husband, then me.  

"Breakthrough" my arss.  

Hopefully you will feel up to doing your usual activities by the end of the weekend.  Hope you don't get the cough I got, nor lose taste and smell (I avoided that).

I am surrounded by people like you who currently have it.  2 of 10 not in my class last night because of it.  

-------------
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!

Posted By: Morfoot
Date Posted: January-28-2022 at 8:06pm
I got it from the Mrs who got it from the neighbors who got it from their kids. They were all vaxxed and she and I have not. Best part was she got it 2 days before Christmas. Holiday cancelled for us with family for obvious reasons. I tested Pos on 12 -26. Had a slight headache for about 3 days and low energy levels. Felt like I was running about 60%. 3 hours after waking up after 9 hours of good sleep. I was taking a nap. That lasted about 4 days. Took a total of about 10 days to get back to normal. Did get the cough as mentioned above and its still hanging round. Could be the colder temps we're getting down south but I'm blaming Rona for it.   

Definitely making the rounds as several guys in my shop got it as well as my neighbors. Some vaxxed with the booster some not. My experience locally is that those who got the Jab have been hit worse than those who didn't. All seem to have the same symptoms but a few have had a sore throat. If you've ever had strep throat that's what they said they thought they had.

What really sucks is that we had 70'F temps Christmas and New Years and I couldn't ski behind the new 99' I got before I got the bug. No energy to even go plus finding a driver wasnt gonna happen because I was "Unclean"!

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: January-28-2022 at 9:52pm
Covid free since 83

Channeling my inner todicus

Posted By: 67 ski nat
Date Posted: January-29-2022 at 10:23am
I’m in construction. No stay home, or work from home for me. Last 2 years everyday outside, everyday restaurant
No stupid mask
Finally got it last month, omicron
The least I’ve ever felt sick, one symptom at a time.
Everyone on the planet will get this
We should have let the 1-60 year olds go about life and lockdown the older and compromised
I do not believe the government will ever be able to trick us again
Boycott Olympics

Posted By: MrMcD
Date Posted: January-29-2022 at 1:03pm
I have five friends that are dead now because of COVID.  Another that has been in the hospital twice, first for 6 weeks and then 7 months later for another 3 week stay,  They do not hospitalize you unless you are close to dead.   She is only 58 years old and her and her boyfriend are anti Vax.  The first 3 died before vaccines were available, the others are anti Vax people.   A fellow from work is married and had 2 children ages 8 and 4.  He got Covid and Died, his wife got it at the same time and lived but had a stroke and is basically brain dead.  COVID caused blood clots, they were not friends but people we knew, who will raise the kids and explain how intelligent it was to avoid the vaccines to their kids?
I am 64, a buddy my age that I played ball with for many years, was in comprarable shape to me, not an out of shape couch potato.  He got it. Before vaccines were out, thought it was just a cold, it got worse so he went to the hospital and was dead a week later.  Two weeks from healthy to dead.   
Maybe you are far more lucky than I and have not lost anyone.   I got the vaccine just as soon as I could.
Yes, I also know several people that got Covid and survived, some had mild cases some were much worse.   One had it Thanksgiving a year ago and is just now starting to regain the sense of smell and finally has her energy back.   One last one, a friend that is 25, a personal trainer and in fantastic shape, better than 95% of the people in this world.  He got COVID, was in bed for two weeks, said he really thought he would die every day, said he would go to the bathroom and it would take 2 hours to catch his breath after the bathroom trip.  He told me this first hand and he had COVID before vaccines were available.   I have no idea why it affects some more than others but I know first hand it is not just the weak getting COVID and not surviving.   My dad got it at 94 years old, he had all three shots, he was sick about a week with no more than a bad cold.   Don’t know if he would have died without the vaccine but I am glad he is still with us.
I don’t know anyone that died after getting the vaccine so I fully support it and I have voted republican for 40 years.  This is not about  politics.

-------------

Posted By: fanofccfan
Date Posted: January-29-2022 at 1:51pm
Touchy subject for sure.  I had it Nov of 2020. No taste or smell for 10 days felt very lethargic.  Had no choice but to go to work as the cattle need feed everyday.  I was fortunate enough to be able to function in everyday life. Waited the required time to get the vaccine and was down and out for a day after.  Got the second shot and same thing.  My wife slept in the same bed and our life didn’t change much and she never did get it. She got vaccinated and boosters as well.  While in Palm Springs earlier this month staying with friends we all ended up with the omicron deal. That was much less. More like a cold. Personally I am not for the mask thing for various reasons. We have had friends and acquaintances die from it as well and I will never make light of that but all had pre existing conditions. Some were fully vaxed and boosted. I also realize that is not the case for everyone. I am ready to move on from it-just so it gets ready and moves on……..

-------------
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski

Posted By: Kristof
Date Posted: January-30-2022 at 3:28am
My wife got it four days ago and is recovering from mild symptoms such as light fever, caughing and feeling dead tired after a small effort.
She's had the two first vaccines and was scheduled for the booster. No need for that anymore since she has antibodies now.
I tested negative yesterday.

Vaccination or anti-vax: I respect everybodies choice. I had no choice as a military, for no vaccination means no exercises, missions abroad and what not. And I do love my job.

I got my booster vaccine on december 8th and have (blood)diarrhea since december nine... Scheduled for a camera up my *** tomorrow for further examination since no drugs have solved the problem. Nor my two blood tests nor my stool samples showed anything alarming according to my doctor.

-------------
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Posted By: NCH20SKIER
Date Posted: January-30-2022 at 5:56am
I have tested positive 2 times (September of 2020 and December of 2020). Both times zero symptoms although my wife had it in late August of 2020 and had many symptoms other than loss of taste.

I know of many who have had the virus and their symptoms and health impacts vary widely regardless of physical condition.

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Posted By: pjsmoreno
Date Posted: January-30-2022 at 8:35am

I’m a facility manager at our local high school with 2,000 students attending this school year. We have been racking up 50 to 60 positive cases within our building each week for the past 4-5 weeks. Twenty percent of my staff have been out due to Covid. I am vaccinated with a booster. Yes, I’m tired of masking up daily. I have to say I still haven’t caught anything even when it was in my home. I to have lost friends/family due to this. Tuff times people but it will all come to the end, we just need to ride the storm out a little longer. For me I still have our boat to escape ths dilemma.  

Date Posted: January-30-2022 at 9:52am
No doubt a bad virus, feel bad for the folks China killed. Planned Plandemic
In California they locked us down , closed business
And then the governor went to dinner with 40 doctors, no masks during height of delta
That’s all you needed to know
If you let government they will lock you in home, close your business, force a vaccine, torture school children with no school, mask mandates. Teenagers commit suicide
That’s the problem. BS
The age demographic dying and percentage of dead in population does not warrant the government overreaching

Posted By: Hansel
Date Posted: January-30-2022 at 11:37am
**Edit/TLDR: Haven’t gotten it. No shame if you have, unless you are helping the virus spread.

The last two years of my professional life, as a scientific government contractor and now in the biotech industry, have been almost completely focused on SARS-CoV-2. The virus continues to baffle and surprise even expert virologists and epidemiologists. So far I've been able to personally avoid it, and know relatively few people (none in my family) who have tested positive. Many others are not so lucky, and I too know people who have had close
family and friends either fall gravely ill or pass away due to an infection, including some who were by all accounts and measures very healthy people beforehand. I am “lucky” enough to work remotely and have largely been avoiding social gathering outside of a pretty small group of people (mostly family) who are on the same page as my wife and I.

I don't enjoy living like this, and and am really looking forward to the day when things return to a sense of normal. I say "sense" because COVID will probably be a watershed moment similar to 9/11. Health screenings, mask wearing, lockdowns, supply chain problems... I believe most of these things will continue sporadically around the world and those of us with ~20+ years of life expectancy left should plan for something like this to happen again. Maybe next time it will be the flu, or SARS-CoV-2 will mutate, or possibly a completely unknown virus will jump from animals to people and then bang...

There is a lot of blame, and credit, to go around for our leaders who on the whole have done a very poor job either by policy or example. The US is rich enough, and supposedly smart enough, to have avoided the outcome we are now living. I would love to hear from Lewy about his experience in Austrialia which from everything I gather has done a MUCH better job than we. Unfortunately our nation (and indeed nearly all nations) has never actually been serious about understanding or combating the virus, so we've gotten the worst of both worlds; poorly implemented/followed non-therapeutic interventions (e.g., "lockdowns", mask mandates, etc.) causing immense disruption to people's lives and livelihoods WITHOUT the benefit of stopping the disease. And a bunch of finger pointing to boot. Because many people won't (or can't) get tested, mask up, social distance when virus abounds, and get vaccinated/boosted we now live in a country where a thousands of people are dying every week of a largely preventable disease, and many more may suffer after effects for a very long time.

I am glad for those of you who've tested positive didn't end up in the hospital, or worse. But all of us have to stop thinking about this virus as something that I fight and approach it as something that WE fight. I can test, boost, and mask up all day long but if my neighbors don't that doesn't do me much good. All of us have to think about the virus like the virus it is; it needs hosts. More easy hosts = more virus = more sick/dead. Every new infection allows the virus to potentially spread further, so it does actually matter to ME what YOU do to #1 prevent infection and #2 stop the spread if you do get it. No man is an island.

Please think about all the people who are tired of the pandemic for a very different reason; they are in danger because they are immune compromised, or have cancer, or have some other underlying condition that puts them at high risk. Or children too young to get vaccinated and completely at the mercy of everyone around them. Imagine what it is like for them to hear that folks don't want to get the vaccine (some of them cannot), or wear a mask, or do much of anything to stop a virus that puts their health and lives at great risk. A very wise man once commanded us to “Love thy neighbor as thyself." Many people would do well to reflect on what that means in these "COVID times."

-------------
"The only prudence in fishermen is that designed to set the stage for taking yet another, and perhaps a longer, chance." -Aldo Leopold

Date Posted: January-30-2022 at 1:07pm
Very well written Hansel, you should publish your note.

-------------

Date Posted: January-30-2022 at 3:56pm
I don't pickup judgement at all from your post, Hansel. I hope your work helps us beat this virus.  

I do work with people who have had the luxury of being fully remote and on zoom for 2 years now. The comments I have heard from some of my university peers about people who have gotten covid have really really irked me.  Talk about looking down on your neighbors!  I have family members in nursing home care and food service.  They worked the full covid.  Covid hit our home before there were vaccines.  It now has hit 2 of us vaccinated mask wearing people a 2nd time, which is why I find the word "breakthrough" to be double speak.  You can do everything "right" and still get covid.  Omnicron has humbled some of the people I work with. 

-------------

Date Posted: January-30-2022 at 4:31pm

Thanks rebel, I am definitely NOT judging. Most people have, in their own minds, very good reasons to do what they do. Unless I have evidence of bad faith, I don't believe folks are doing things any differently than I would given the same experience, background, and beliefs. COVID is just underscoring how confusing, scary, and combustible a situation becomes when many of the people we depend on to lead us don't really care about anyone but themselves and everyone is left to their own devices.

I am pretty lucky that I now have a largely remote job, and I rely day in and day out on people who HAVE to put their bodies on the line and not only from this particular virus. THANK YOU to everyone here who doesn't have the same luxury (like Bill feeding those cattle and Tim repairing those airframes!) as I do. It is worth restating that getting the 'rona is no mark of shame. In many cases it is testament to the fact that you are needed and/or you are forced to risk your health to keep your job.

Operation Warp Speed was a great success; at the beginning of the pandemic I didn't think we'd have vaccines until the end of 2021 at the earliest. But it was also built on many many years of basic, government funded science so it really was Operation Long Haul. I worked alongside many people in the DoD who are part of the development of novel therapies (like mRNA) to protect soldiers from biological threats, including pandemics. I've spent 15 years on CCFan learning about boats from you experts. I am not exactly an expert on medical science, but I've had a front row seat to the science behind the US response to SARS-CoV-2 for a while now and if anybody wants to pick my brain on it just DM me.

Contrary to what we usually hear, vaccines are only one of many tools we have to fight this virus. But, if you haven't gotten vaccinated yet please do. It could save your life, and will surely help save the lives of others (just like every other tool we have to avoid getting and spreading the disease). Your government spent and is spending a LOT of money to bring you medical miracles, use them! Smile

-------------
"The only prudence in fishermen is that designed to set the stage for taking yet another, and perhaps a longer, chance." -Aldo Leopold

Posted By: Faceplant
Date Posted: January-30-2022 at 7:40pm
Be responsible - think about others and let your conscience dictate your actions.

-------------
Feels like I am hanging 10 but in reality - probably hanging 6.

Date Posted: January-31-2022 at 9:25am
Good points Hansel
What are your thoughts on the liar fauci
That helped create the Chinese bat fever in wuhan And still covering up
The Chinese coverup and intentionally spreading thru out world. War crimes

Date Posted: January-31-2022 at 9:38am
This virus was used as a weapon
If you let governments lock you down when your Not sick, do not know you carry and asymptotic they will pull this bad flu anytime governments want control

Forget asymptotic spread guilt

Date Posted: January-31-2022 at 11:45am
No fan of Fauci. Should have retired/resigned/been fired many times over by now. Hasn’t been honest, totally agree. Not down with the harassment he has gotten though. The last two admins should have sent him packing and been done with it.

Incredibly low odds virus is engineered weapon. Low but non-trivial odds that it escaped from lab. Heavy odds natural origin. Skeptical of folks claiming they are sure one way or the other since the evidence trail is thin/hidden/destroyed. From an immediate standpoint it doesn’t matter where it came from. From a long term biosecurity perspective, it does.

Govt lets no crisis go to waste; I wouldn’t either. That is their job. I think most people can tell reasonable public health measures from a police state. But yes, many of the measures and policies have not been very reasonable, wise, well explained, or necessary. Some are harmful and legitimate criticism is too easily dismissed. Some policies may have ulterior motives, many more are born of stupidity or disdain for the common person. Plenty of “follow/trust the science “ is a smokescreen for “shut up and do what I say.” Some of it is legit.

Faceplant said it very well.

-------------

Posted By: desertskier
Date Posted: January-31-2022 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Jonny Quest Jonny Quest wrote:

Everyone at the Quest Compound tested "positive" for COVID this week. All fully-vaccinated.  Damn.  I feel like a truck hit me.  I was patting myself on the back, previously, for having escaped the "VID".  No more.

I'm now a statistic.

How are y'all doing?

JQ

Sorry to hear.  So far it hasn't hit me.  My son got it a few weeks ago and his symptoms were similar to strep throat.  It's been a few days since your post so hopefully you are on the mend.  That new truck needs you!

-------------
92 SN - Owned since 93
99 Pro Air
89 SN - Went to live on a lake in Texas
75 Donzi 16 - Sold in 93

Date Posted: January-31-2022 at 5:14pm
OMG Hansel your from Washington DC , funny
I appreciate your comments anyway, you sound reasonable
If Biden cared a rip about dead people, he would stop the 10,000 positive cases a month walking across border

Posted By: 75 Tique
Date Posted: January-31-2022 at 6:15pm
Careful folks.  On a slippery slope here.  Years ago there were some political threads on here. Got nasty.  Like all political threads, people got the idea you could convert someone's political opinions by being offensive, insulting, name calling... to both friends and strangers. Fortunately that ended and has never returned.  A good thing.  I know on pretty much all the FB skiing and boating pages, as soon as someone goes political, the conversation is pulled and in many cases the offender is disappeared.  Talking about covid is one thing.  Politicizing it is something else.  Just a thought. 

-------------

Date Posted: January-31-2022 at 6:25pm
Larry, thanks for the reminder. It has been nice to see this site stay out of the gutter these last few years and apologies if I’ve strayed too close to any political lines. In the past I have participated in some pretty vigorous back and forth in this “Off Topic” section and have generally been pleasantly surprised at how good the conversations have been. I hope others think the same of me. Always happy to disengage or take to DM if folks want a more pointed take or info.

Yeah, over five years in DC. Really like it here for the most part. I do all my boating/skiing/footing while visiting family back in the Midwest where I grew up. Needless to say it isn’t as often as I’d like, but oh well.

-------------

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: January-31-2022 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

I know on pretty much all the FB skiing and boating pages, as soon as someone goes political, the conversation is pulled and in many cases the offender is disappeared.

censorship? lol

Date Posted: January-31-2022 at 6:56pm
Back In Black

Everyone at the Quest Compound is on the mend.  It appears that COVID dealt us a glancing blow.  Fever, chills, body aches, cough and more cough.  I'm basically back to my adorable pre-COVID self.  I really feel blessed that we dodged a bullet.  I can't verify this, but I believe that our individual illnesses were lessened to some degree as we were all vaxed.

JQ

-------------
Current

Previous

Aqua skiing, ergo sum

Posted By: KENO
Date Posted: January-31-2022 at 7:44pm
Jonny

Somebody sent me this picture of you out ice fishing today with your bottle of "cough syrup".

You really are pretty "adorable"  Wink

Date Posted: January-31-2022 at 10:01pm
Never under estimate the power of the COVID Speedo!

Talk about a "chick magnet"

JQ

-------------
Current

Previous

Aqua skiing, ergo sum

Date Posted: February-01-2022 at 3:06am
I noticed all the hot chicks lined up in the background just waiting to chase that speedo clad man.  I think they are really far in the background.

Glad to hear all in the JQ family are getting better!   

-------------

Posted By: KENO
Date Posted: February-01-2022 at 6:55am
Originally posted by MrMcD MrMcD wrote:

I noticed all the hot chicks lined up in the background just waiting to chase that speedo clad man.  I think they are really far in the background.

Glad to hear all in the JQ family are getting better!   

I zoomed in a little just for you  Wink

Date Posted: February-01-2022 at 7:32am
Musta gone to the Caribbean before this pic was taken. Somehow I don't think you can get a snowtan that easily.Ermm

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Posted By: Riley
Date Posted: February-01-2022 at 8:08am
Hansel, good to hear from you.  Very objective point of view.

I've not had it.  I've had all 3 shots.  I avoid crowded places and wash my hands a lot.  I've also never gone so long without having a cold.

Tim, those girls would burn if the sun were out.

Date Posted: February-01-2022 at 9:08am
Gentlemen and friends. Certainly not trying to personally offend or judge any folks here
But it’s hard to talk about VID without
The origin, purpose, country and rules associated
I only wanted to offend China, fauci and Biden. An enemy, a horrible doctor and a horrible president.
It’s not like I said it’s OK to put a tower on a 78 SN.
Thx for reminder tique and Hollywood

Date Posted: February-01-2022 at 10:12am
Dayrn...None taken. Most of us have a pretty thick Gel-Coat round here. I've had a few political discussions with many a member here in person. ALL civil and not long as we don't want it to get too heated. We agree to disagree ...who's driving you or me and crack open a beer.  Camaraderie' just isn't as strong as it can be unless you busting each others stones on a constant basis. That's just another thing as to what makes this site so great.

-------------

Date Posted: February-01-2022 at 12:03pm
The camaraderie is the most important and awesome here
Trust me just playing friends

Date Posted: February-01-2022 at 12:46pm
Ken your zoom lens sure confirmed the Chicks loved his speedo.   There are sure some fine admiring samples in that photo and they all looked like they loved the Pink Speedo.  Got to have stones to wear that suit proudly.

-------------

Posted By: 63 Skier
Date Posted: February-01-2022 at 3:04pm
My family has avoided it so far.  All of us are vaxed and boosted.  I've worked and been out and about every day, not an option to stay at home and no desire to do so anyway.  Maybe I've had it without symptoms, who knows, but never have tested positive.

There's a new statistic that shows that people who do not lap in their props are 70% more likely to be hospitalized than those that carefully lap the prop and check with prussian blue.

-------------
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique

Date Posted: February-01-2022 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

There's a new statistic that shows that people who do not lap in their props are 70% more likely to be hospitalized than those that carefully lap the prop and check with prussian blue.

Sadly, that observation is probably more accurate than most of the crap inconsistent messages we've been listening to for the past   two years.

-------------

Date Posted: February-03-2022 at 9:41am
Larry,

You are correctly picking up some of the terrible communication surrounding COVID.

All of the shots have large amounts of clinical and real world data showing that your odds of hospitalization and death are dramatically reduced if you get COVID. Current estimates over the last year (so including Delta and Omicron) across all ages are that if you have had no vaccine shots you are 10X more likely to test positive and ~70X more likely to die from COVID-19 compared some somebody who has had three shots ("fully vaxxed and boosted).

Where the confusion creeps in is that expectations were never well grounded, and have always tended towards the overly optimistic in an effort to snowball people and keep things "feeling good" rather than being honest. Some disinformation was just ignorance.

Vaccines help you body fight off a disease by exposing it to some version of it before you become infected. Some of them are amazingly effective and last for decades or even your entire lifetime, like the ones for Yellow Fever, polio, and smallpox. Others are less so, as we've seen with flu. Nobody knows exactly why this is because the immune system is so complex. The vaccines developed against COVID-19 around the world vary in efficacy, but in general they reduce hospitalization and death by somewhere around 80-90% for about six months per shot. Hospitalization and death is what they are trying to protect against, so "breakthrough" infections while important are not the stick we should be measuring by.

Of course, the more people are vaccinated in a population, the more and more breakthrough infections we expect. Since something like 3/4 people in the US have had at least one shot, right off the bat we'd expect about 3/4 of infections to be "breakthroughs." The most recent numbers I've seen show that about half of the people who are testing positive have had two vaccine doses, 1/3 have not had any shot, and ~13% in people who have had three shots. But the vast majority of the hospitalized and dead have had few or no shots.

Most people who get in car crashes are wearing a seat belt. Some of them die. But we don't stop wearing seat belts precisely because the odds of surviving an accident go way up when you are wearing one. Focus on the overall effect of wearing the seat belt, not the fact that it doesn't work 100% of the time.

The bar for vaccines is hospitalization and death. The ones available in the US are the best in the world at preventing exactly that. Can you still get sick and die? Yes. But would you rather be wearing the seat belt or not if/when the crash occurs?

-------------

Posted By: MechGaT
Date Posted: February-03-2022 at 10:18am
My family has gotten it twice. The first time was December 2020, the second was a few weeks ago. We lost taste and smell the first time, but didn’t the second. For my oldest, that was his only symptom. I felt the worst, like I had strep throat with a fever. Everyone else was in between. Thankful it wasn’t worse. Everyone except my youngest got two shots between the two.

I have to say, the straight talk Hansel just gave on the reasons to vaccinate is what should be put out there rather than the fear that seems to be the motivation they want to drive. The lack of faith in people to understand and do what is best for them and others degrades trust in the message.

-------------
'92 Sport Nautique

Date Posted: February-03-2022 at 10:18am
Hansel thank you, that is an amazingly informative, clearly written post.  Good to have your expertise on here.

-------------

Date Posted: February-03-2022 at 11:04am
Thanks David. I owe everyone here infinitely more than I can repay on the boat side of things since my expertise on that front approaches zero. Pleased that I can add some value to y’all. Everything surrounding the pandemic is confusing at best, and is incomprehensible once everyone with some axe to grind starts shouting at us.

Stay safe! The Omicron wave seems to have crested but it can still get you on the way down.

-------------

Posted By: DVskier
Date Posted: February-03-2022 at 11:34am
Lots of conspiracy theories here. I find it hard to swallow that members of the US armed forces are allowed to reject being vaccinated. I served in the US Navy from 1964-1970. We didn’t know from day to day when we’d receive vaccinations but it was often and no exceptions. Roll up your sleeve sailor. Hard to believe that anyone would not want to take advantage of the vaccines. In SC there are a lot of “patriots” who say no way. I just keep my distance while the infections skyrocket.
In Colorado on a month long ski trip now and most people here are enjoying being outside and recreating. Life goes on. I’ve had all three shots and will gladly roll up my sleeve for as many more as it takes. I am center right and believe this is the greatest country in the world. Your mileage may vary as the country is very divided right now.  Enjoy life!

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: February-03-2022 at 12:13pm
The answer in one word is testing. Any other drug or vaccine has to go through years of testing. They did not push through the drugs for HIV when it may have saved lives. Then to top it off your saying it's going to take 55 years to release the data? Thalidomide was considered safe too. Who know what will happen in time

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: February-04-2022 at 7:51am
What is it about CC loving skiers that we are able to do what few can, post about COVID with divergent opinions and not have it turn to a total all out war?  It really is rare what we have here!

I can't tell you how many times I have just kept my mouth shut during this pandemic, especially where I work.  

So I do not share this a lot, but my daughter now has an abnormal EKG and has what are called heart PVCs that started after second Moderna vaccine.  She had a really difficult reaction and at the time the myocarditis was not really known about (do not know if she had this or not).  She came home for a break and her doctor sent her to a Cardiologist because she kept complaining about her heart (she was one of the first to get the vax).  Thousands of dollars of tests later, she is told there is no damage to her heart and she just has to learn to live with them -- just consider them to be annoying "heart hiccups".  Cardiologist also said for her to get different booster because most of the problems he has treated were from Moderna.  Wish we had known that prior.  

These are just facts for my family.  I am not telling anyone not to get a vaccine.  It is a decision your family has to make.  I will say I am with Denmark and Sweden on no Moderna vaccine for young adults.  There are other options with less cardiac side-effects.  

Before anyone wants to accuse me of being a conspiracy theorist PM me and I share images of all the bills.   

Regarding the military question, I have done C&P exams for the VA in the past.  I know how quickly someone like my daughter would have gotten a general discharge medical condition stamped on a DD214 if they developed a heart condition.  Yeah it is rare, but the problem is we do not know rare or frequent yet.  Current soldiers are the experiment and the data is still coming in.

-------------

Date Posted: February-04-2022 at 8:26am
Originally posted by MechGaT MechGaT wrote:

The lack of faith in people to understand and do what is best for them and others degrades trust in the message.

BINGO

-------------

Date Posted: February-04-2022 at 8:33am
Rebel,

Very sorry to hear about your daughter. The father of a close friend developed Bell's palsy after he got his first shot. Cannot say for sure if it was related or just coincidence but I know it was a difficult time for all of them. He has since recovered but it was a bit of a haul.

Doctors should take your daughter seriously, and as you indicate because of the testing that Gary mentioned we have a good idea of the overall and specific risks associated with not just SARS-CoV-2 vaccines but all of them on the market. Sounds like she might have had just such an effect, and I hope that it is truly benign. Thanks for sharing.

-------------

Date Posted: February-04-2022 at 12:10pm
Richard, thanks for sharing that story.  Hope all goes well with your daughter, that is a scary situation.  Agree with you it's refreshing to have a conversation without anger and name calling.  I think leaving the politics out is the key, just talk about opinions and experiences and share different outlooks on the past few years.

-------------

Date Posted: February-04-2022 at 1:53pm

Think for yourself, research facts, make your own decisions based on your circumstances
Trust your own mind and reasoning
Then see what government wants, they may match

Posted By: 80SN Barnfind
Date Posted: February-04-2022 at 3:18pm
Golly gents can we all just move on, I come here to escape all the media and political BS.  Can't we go back to arguing blue or red, Fram or Wix, points or electronic, who's got more snow; Wisconsin of Minnesota, VR1 20-50 vs rotella 10-30, keep it original or modify, freeze plugs or core plugs..... For Goodness Sake WHERE IS PETE??!!

Somebody please save us with a project update, Wayoutthere- lets see more of whatever your working on- don't care if its a boat, car or lawnmower,  KENO give us an experiment on lapped vs non-lapped prop fit. Longhorn- anything new? Briar Patch? Chucky's' 66? Someone? Anyone?

-------------
Knowledge comes by taking things apart: analysis. But wisdom comes by putting things together.

Posted By: desertskier
Date Posted: February-04-2022 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by 80SN Barnfind 80SN Barnfind wrote:

Golly gents can we all just move on, I come here to escape all the media and political BS.  Can't we go back to arguing blue or red, Fram or Wix, points or electronic, who's got more snow; Wisconsin of Minnesota, VR1 20-50 vs rotella 10-30, keep it original or modify, freeze plugs or core plugs..... For Goodness Sake WHERE IS PETE??!!

Somebody please save us with a project update, Wayoutthere- lets see more of whatever your working on- don't care if its a boat, car or lawnmower,  KENO give us an experiment on lapped vs non-lapped prop fit. Longhorn- anything new? Briar Patch? Chucky's' 66? Someone? Anyone?

Clap

-------------
92 SN - Owned since 93
99 Pro Air
89 SN - Went to live on a lake in Texas
75 Donzi 16 - Sold in 93

Date Posted: February-04-2022 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by 80SN Barnfind 80SN Barnfind wrote:

Golly gents can we all just move on, 

I think its a case of the internet winter doldrums.  My neighborhood has a Facebook page.  Some resident posted to complain that the HOA told him that the chandelier they had hanging in a tree violated some neighborhood rule.  99 people felt the need to comment on it and still going.Hopefully better weather will be here soon.

-------------

Date Posted: February-04-2022 at 7:44pm
It is ‘off topic ‘ , so I engaged

I found the bottom rubber seal for my 67
Called vinyl deck channel by Taylor made
Thx Gary s

Date Posted: February-04-2022 at 8:39pm
I'm learning how to install skins on just a couple cushions.  Took 6-7 months to get them from C&S (fine, no complaints, I get it)  But I hate to see brown foam sticking out of any boat seats (especially mine) so I did a little fishing line repair to get through the summer. (seat back came out a little better than bottom) 

(PS - the new skin doesnt look quite right yet because its not stapled down yet)

-------------

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: February-04-2022 at 9:13pm
Larry your post made go back and look at old emails. Back in '17 I ordered mine and finally did the drivers seat last summer. Still have everything behind that to do. Turned out really easy but after the last minute trans repair I just didn't feel like it anymore. Lining up next summers projects they don't look like they are going to make the list again. Ouch  At least I have them at '17 prices

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Posted By: fanofccfan
Date Posted: February-04-2022 at 9:19pm
I have removed the commander logs off the 78 to replace the manifold gaskets!  Maybe i will start another thread!

-------------
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski

Date Posted: February-05-2022 at 1:55pm
So a few weeks back Jbear went on a trip to picked up some project parts that came back to NC.  The BFN trailer I redid last summer was without a prop guard so that was going to be this springs project.  Some dry fitting of the guard that John picked up for me is shown in the pictures.  While not the standard set up for a channel style trailer I have a plan on how to modify / adapt and we can check that box.

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Date Posted: February-05-2022 at 1:56pm
Dang rotated pictures...

-------------
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Posted By: MechGaT
Date Posted: February-05-2022 at 11:11pm
Interested to hear how the final mounting goes.

-------------
'92 Sport Nautique

Print Page | Close Window