Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50310
Printed Date: April-29-2024 at 11:02am

Topic: fuel vent baffle
Posted By: nobrainsd
Subject: fuel vent baffle
Date Posted: October-15-2021 at 6:21pm
My 4160 carb is running great, but I see that many carbs have a fuel vent baffle on the primary. Ordered a couple that fit the side hung bowl arrangement.. Not that I have noticed any performance issues, but a baffle seems like a good idea even if my rebuild came without one. But I don't see a baffle on the secondary in any of the exploded diagrams. Are the baffles only used with metering bodies and not on the 4160 secondary with a metering plate? Would like to be correct. One of the problems with buying a rebuilt carb. You get what you get and it doesn't mean it is right :)

Replies:
Posted By: KENO
Date Posted: October-15-2021 at 7:20pm
The vent baffle only goes on the primary metering block.

There's no baffle for the secondary side whether it's got a 4160 style metering plate or a 4150 style metering block.

I think they're to control fuel spillage during heavy acceleration and the secondary doesn't need it since the fuel is going toward the back of the bowl when accelerating

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: October-15-2021 at 7:33pm
That would make sense but what if I have a V drive Separator? 

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Posted By: KENO
Date Posted: October-15-2021 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

That would make sense but what if I have a V drive Separator? 

I'd imagine the engine is probably tilted forward some, like it probably is ln lots of v drives

I'd also imagine that you could turn the carburetor around so the front is now the back if you really felt like it Wink

Print Page | Close Window