Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50278
Printed Date: April-29-2024 at 8:31am

Topic: 2000 Super Sport Pylon
Posted By: LongLakeWI
Subject: 2000 Super Sport Pylon
Date Posted: October-04-2021 at 5:24pm
Hey all!  I’m shopping for a open bow Nautique and came across a 2000 Super Sport with the pylon in the middle.  This in my mind defeats the purpose of wrap around seating and a v-drive.  We are a family of rec skier, never ski courses, some footing ect…

1.  Can the pylon be removed?
2.  Can I mount a short pylon by the back bench seat similar to every other Super Sport & Super Air ever made after?

Thanks in advance! 

Replies:
Posted By: tryathlete
Date Posted: October-10-2021 at 1:37pm
You can remove the pylon pretty easily (I did need a hand from Hollywood the last time I pulled one from a Super Sport). It’s kind of tight but it can be done.

Putting one behind the seat is a fairly easy job but it will require the structure that attaches to the hull to be installed in addition to drilling a big hole in the fiberglas. If you’re gonna foot behind the boat, probably ask around but I think you’ll want the center pylon or fly high if you don’t have a tower.

Posted By: LongLakeWI
Date Posted: October-11-2021 at 10:46am
Originally posted by tryathlete tryathlete wrote:

You can remove the pylon pretty easily (I did need a hand from Hollywood the last time I pulled one from a Super Sport). It’s kind of tight but it can be done.

Putting one behind the seat is a fairly easy job but it will require the structure that attaches to the hull to be installed in addition to drilling a big hole in the fiberglas. If you’re gonna foot behind the boat, probably ask around but I think you’ll want the center pylon or fly high if you don’t have a tower.

Tryathlete,
Thanks for the info, much appreciated!!  I’m thinking of adding a tower regardless in order to add Bimini and get boards off the floor ect….We do a little footing, handful of times a year so maybe keep the center pylon.  My biggest concern is that it’s in the way and/or puts the rope in the way of rear passengers.  Are there parts available for the structure you’re referring too?  Thanks again!
Mike

Posted By: tryathlete
Date Posted: October-11-2021 at 11:11am
Mike, doubtful there are kits but you could copy something easily if you got some pics of a newer SS or Super Air Nautique. I don’t think you’ll want to ski much behind the SS unless you are really flying. The wake is big until you hit some serious speed.

Print Page | Close Window